cellar2007a
The Cellar: a friendly neighborhood coffee shop, with no coffee and no shop. Established 1990.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

7/27/2021 6:28 am  #1

Olympics 2020ne

Is anyone watching our tribe?

3x3 women's basketball turns out to be entertaining, none of the ticky tacky foul calls like 5 on 5.

Lee Kiefer won women's foil, I remember when she was a little kid fencing in tournaments my little kid was fencing in. Her footwork is perfection.

For the Brits, Tim Pidcock won the Men's XC biking, hell of a performance. He almost hit a Dutchman who took a terrific fall in the first lap but was apparently on his game.

Our Polo Girls are crushing it.

If you would only recognize that life is hard, things would be so much easier for you. - Louis Brandeis

7/27/2021 7:15 pm  #2

Re: Olympics 2020ne

To answer your first question, yes, apparently you and possibly others, but not me.

I appreciate the updates and I might watch a highlight reel on teh YouTube if you have one to recomment.

Be Just And Fear Not

7/28/2021 11:56 am  #3

I suppose market research drives what NBC decides to show.
For at least the fourth Olympics (eight, counting winter) the things I would like to see are given token time as swimming and such dominate. 
But I turn it on (and off) regularly.

7/28/2021 5:42 pm  #4

We Tivo and blow by the beach volleyball and other lame stuff. NBCSN also gives access to what you want in it's entirety. NBC only seems to want to show things the US dominates in.

If you would only recognize that life is hard, things would be so much easier for you. - Louis Brandeis

7/28/2021 7:32 pm  #5

Like dis?

Be Just And Fear Not

7/28/2021 7:35 pm  #6

and the gold for the MOST VARIABLE Olympic sport goes to.....

Surfing.

Be Just And Fear Not

7/29/2021 6:44 am  #7

7/30/2021 11:42 pm  #8

I see the problem they need stiffer swords, can't draw blood with those bendy stickers.

Freedom is just another word for nothin' left to lose.

7/31/2021 1:36 pm  #9

wow, NBC wants you to watch ON YOUTUBE

Be Just And Fear Not

7/31/2021 7:02 pm  #10

griff wrote:

We Tivo and blow by the beach volleyball and other lame stuff.

Spoken like a married man.

With their wife watching over their shoulder as they type.

These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA, EPA, FBI, DEA, CDC, or FDIC. These statements are not intended to diagnose, cause, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. If you feel you have been harmed/offended by, or, disagree with any of the above statements or images, please feel free to fuck right off.

8/01/2021 6:17 am  #11

Ha!  There are many beautiful women in the Olympics You don't have to watch an unattractive sport to see them.

NBC is pretending there isn't a scandal on the fencing team.
https://www.theguardian.com/sport/2021/jul/30/us-fencers-wear-pink-masks-alex-hadzic-olympics

8/01/2021 6:30 am  #12

xoxoxoBruce wrote:

I see the problem they need stiffer swords, can't draw blood with those bendy stickers.

Epee is the stiffer weapon. There are standards in blade making now. Back in the eighties the Russian champion was killed when his opponents weapon broke and the shortened blade went through his mask. All three weapons leave welts but foil is less bruising as long as your opponent has point control. Sabre leaves tiger stripes...

8/03/2021 11:37 pm  #13

Welts? We want blood, give 'em light sabers, let the appendages hit the floor!  

8/04/2021 6:10 am  #14

I think you'd prefer HEMA.

8/05/2021 6:23 am  #15

I think this is the race I love the most.

8/05/2021 10:34 pm  #16

Better give us the names of the videos so we can pick them out on youtube.

12/15/2022 11:02 pm  #17

sorry

stabby stabby and SME sounding word sounds

Hi griff!

enjoy/critique

side note, i'm enjoying the everlovin F out of "Wednesday"

Be Just And Fear Not

Board footera