cellar2007a
The Cellar: a friendly neighborhood coffee shop, with no coffee and no shop. Established 1990.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

7/24/2021 4:27 pm  #1

Image Hosting/Viewing

I may have missed it, but, has anyone encountered a hosting/posting/viewing solution that urrbody can see, and use?

I'm not fond of the idea of jumping through a bunch of hoops (not to mention the damnable, ever-lasting reCaptcha) to post a pic that people have to jump through another bunch of hoops to see.

Was just wondering if there had been any progress on this front...

Oh, and look, reCaptcha....

There's not even a goddamn picture in this post!

These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA, EPA, FBI, DEA, CDC, or FDIC. These statements are not intended to diagnose, cause, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. If you feel you have been harmed/offended by, or, disagree with any of the above statements or images, please feel free to fuck right off.

7/24/2021 6:33 pm  #2

Re: Image Hosting/Viewing

9 more posts.....  I just use the click-on-the-monkey thing or hotlink (giving credit) if it's not my pic.  No-one has ever told me they have problems seeing images I post, but that could easily be because no-one wants to see them:/

The most difficult thing is the decision to act, the rest is merely tenacity  Amelia Earhart

7/25/2021 8:54 am  #3

Fargpn and Diaphone definitely cannot see pics posted with the monkey method.

These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA, EPA, FBI, DEA, CDC, or FDIC. These statements are not intended to diagnose, cause, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. If you feel you have been harmed/offended by, or, disagree with any of the above statements or images, please feel free to fuck right off.

7/25/2021 3:27 pm  #4

...takes off jackass hat, puts on tryin' to help hat...

-----

Every image I post is by way of the little upload image link in the bottom right corner of the message field.

To post this...

...I clicked on the lil link and got this...

Select the images to upload
You can also browse from your device, take a picture or add image URLs.

...I pick browse from your device, select the image, hit upload image, and it posts.

It's simple (I don't have an account) and everyone seems to see the image.

7/25/2021 7:31 pm  #5

And I still can't see the picture.

I Love my country, I fear the government.

7/25/2021 8:08 pm  #6

fargon wrote:

That's a pickle.

The host accessible thru the monkey is postimage and the one accessible thru the bottom right corner link is imgbb.

The fault, dear fargon, may not bein the site, but in your device.

Can you see any images at all?

7/25/2021 11:03 pm  #7

Someone recently suggested (though I don't understand why they felt they should email me directly about it, instead of just posting their idea here themselves) that if you, fargon, actively whitelist both boardhost and the image hosting sites inside your security settings, that might help.

7/26/2021 11:07 am  #8

The pic comes up quick and clear on Google Chrome.
Not on Internet Explorer.
For some reason I still can't log in to this board on Google.
It says wrong password, offers me a new one.  When I use the one it sends, it says wrong password.

7/26/2021 7:54 pm  #9

henry_quirk wrote:

Every image I post is by way of the little upload image link in the bottom right corner of the message field.

...I clicked on the lil link and got this...

Select the images to upload
You can also browse from your device, take a picture or add image URLs.

...I pick browse from your device, select the image, hit upload image, and it posts.

It's simple (I don't have an account) and everyone seems to see the image.

I don't see the upload image link in the bottom right corner of the message field.

Freedom is just another word for nothin' left to lose.

7/26/2021 8:04 pm  #10

Dear Henry,

Ketchup.

7/27/2021 9:15 am  #11

I don't see the upload image link in the bottom right corner of the message field.

That's where my Ipad puts it.

7/27/2021 7:33 pm  #12

henry_quirk wrote:

fargon wrote:

That's a pickle.

The host accessible thru the monkey is postimage and the one accessible thru the bottom right corner link is imgbb.

The fault, dear fargon, may not bein the site, but in your device.

Can you see any images at all?

Hi hq.  Nice hat, I like it.

It is one sour fuckin pickle.

I think you're on the right track to say the fault is local to fargon's device rather than some kink in the universe.  There's something about some sites, like imgbb and postimage that are just kryptonite to his browser/computer/AV/ISP, etc.

And for your last question, yes, fargon has mentioned several times that he can see images I post.  The very large majority of images I post are pictures I've taken that are stored in my Google Photos cloud.  I go through a number of steps to peel back the hard candy shell from around the already-uploaded-to-the-internet image, revealing the actual URL of the image which I put in the dialog box that appears when I click the Image button. I'm then prompted for the URL of the image, which I've gone to some trouble to identify, paste it into that box, and now the post has a hotlink to an image on the internet, it's my image using my storage.  It shows up in the post here and fargon can see it.  I think Diaphone Jim is also pretty successful at seeing my images though God alone knows why the insists and persists with IE.  jfc.  Anyhow, that's my two cents.  Here's an Image, posted as described above, taken this weekend.

This is the view from the bedroom window of our cabin:

Be Just And Fear Not

7/27/2021 10:08 pm  #13

I see the forest.

7/28/2021 11:48 am  #14

BigV:  God and I know that after two years or so of having Google Chrome as an increasingly necessary back up to IE, I still find it clumsy and much less usable.
Some things I use on IE with instant and intuitive access have to be pried out of Google.
I was going to list a few, but there are too many to choose from.
It is even harder to do Google searches on Google, though they are making it harder to use IE to force users away (I think).

7/28/2021 1:36 pm  #15

With exception of the picture issue here I have no problem with Google Chrome.

Board footera