cellar2007a
The Cellar: a friendly neighborhood coffee shop, with no coffee and no shop. Established 1990.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

7/09/2021 3:21 pm  #76

Re: Random Thoughts

Does it bother anyone else that the guy in the Operation game is clearly awake?

These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA, EPA, FBI, DEA, CDC, or FDIC. These statements are not intended to diagnose, cause, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. If you feel you have been harmed/offended by, or, disagree with any of the above statements or images, please feel free to fuck right off.

7/09/2021 7:36 pm  #77

Nope, but they should add taping the eyelids closed as a function to perform...

The most difficult thing is the decision to act, the rest is merely tenacity  Amelia Earhart

7/25/2021 9:12 am  #78

Haven't been in a hospital (as an overnight, or longer) guest for a year and four days.

Li'l bit of a milestone...

These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA, EPA, FBI, DEA, CDC, or FDIC. These statements are not intended to diagnose, cause, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. If you feel you have been harmed/offended by, or, disagree with any of the above statements or images, please feel free to fuck right off.

7/25/2021 9:15 am  #79

BYW, the hospital charged $42.50 to let me out.

7/25/2021 8:44 pm  #80

Nice work, keep it up.  i mean keep the streak going.  Um... Don't go back.

The most difficult thing is the decision to act, the rest is merely tenacity  Amelia Earhart

7/26/2021 6:32 pm  #81

Trying.

I'm trying.

7/26/2021 7:38 pm  #82

you are. very.

7/27/2021 7:00 pm  #83

u guyz are so cute

Be Just And Fear Not

8/02/2021 11:08 am  #84

I cannot copy anything (form any source, here, the web, the same post editing box I'm typing in) and pate it into this post editor.

I click paste, and nothing happens.  Works anyplace else, on the web, or on my computer.  Nothing here.

Brand new problem, btw.

Last edited by TheNeverWas (8/02/2021 11:10 am)

8/02/2021 11:12 am  #85

Just posting a random thought.

I'm not asking for help, cuz I already know how to turn the computer off...

8/02/2021 4:07 pm  #86

TheNeverWas wrote:

I cannot copy anything (form any source, here, the web, the same post editing box I'm typing in) and pate it into this post editor.

I click paste, and nothing happens.  Works anyplace else, on the web, or on my computer.  Nothing here.

Brand new problem, btw.

I am a fellow sufferer.

I've found that if I copy the required text into a word processing document then copy it again from said document, I can paste it into the post editor.

All a bit strange.

8/02/2021 6:30 pm  #87

That sometimes happens to me in various situations.  Computers are confusable.  Sometimes I use right click and pick copy and right click and choose paste---somewhat less reliable, but my hand's already on the mouse as I move from window to window.  When that fails I use Ctrl and C to copy and in the destination location I use Ctrl and V to paste.  That almost never fails.

Be Just And Fear Not

9/09/2021 9:15 pm  #88

Hobby bLobby and the Glue Gun Grannies could be a good band name...... if I  could play or sing

....oh wait...... perfect given I can't .....tour dates tba

9/19/2021 9:24 pm  #89

I was quite thrilled when I realized you can't have The best without Hebe....

...but I just realized you can't have authority without Thor 

10/27/2021 10:31 pm  #90

At the moment I am totally in DON'T GIVE A FUCK mode. in case anyone was wondering.

10/28/2021 6:06 am  #91

I like that mode when I can find it.

If you would only recognize that life is hard, things would be so much easier for you. - Louis Brandeis

10/28/2021 1:13 pm  #92

monster wrote:

At the moment I am totally in DON'T GIVE A FUCK mode. in case anyone was wondering.

I told my boss that every day there's ten people who want me to do a high-priority task that has to be done TODAY. I only have time to do one, or maybe two of them, so at the end of the day, if I work as hard as possible, there's still about 85% of dissatisfied customers, whereas if I did literally nothing that only increases by about 15%

How motivated am I supposed to be, to get those diminishing returns on my effort?

signature s c h m i g n a t u r e

10/28/2021 9:33 pm  #93

Fortunately, my boss totally gets it and is happy to have someone vaguely competent to deal with the shit so she doesn't have to.  but.....  I try not to be -ist.... not being stupidist is my biggest challenge in life.

(also these are rich entitled assholes who think that if you just demand enough it will happen.  Here, let me create a wormhole in time for you)

10/28/2021 11:15 pm  #94

Flint wrote:

monster wrote:

I told my boss that every day there's ten people who want me to do a high-priority task that has to be done TODAY. I only have time to do one, or maybe two of them, so at the end of the day, if I work as hard as possible, there's still about 85% of dissatisfied customers, whereas if I did literally nothing that only increases by about 15%

How motivated am I supposed to be, to get those diminishing returns on my effort?

That sucks.

These unsatisfied customers, what are their options? Can they complain to your boss?  Maybe you can have the boss prioritize the horde of equally critical work stoppage tickets.  Or, if the buck stops at your desk, you get to pick, heavy is the crown, etc etc.

I have tickets too, and customers too, and when I'm working on A, I'm not working on B through Q.  I must say I am a true believer in the Church of Ticketing Systems.  No tickey no workey.  I have a post it at the top of one of my monitors... the only one mounted on the top, by the way.. .it says, "It's not what you can do, it's what you can prove."   

I need the ticket, please.  You might reach me via phone/email/post-it/grapevine/stakeout at the coffee maker, etc.  And I'll do the work for you. but you *must* send me an message that gets turned into a ticket.

Who's judging your happy/sad customer metrics?  Have them weigh in on how to balance ur shit.  Just thinkin out loud here.

Be Just And Fear Not

11/05/2021 10:15 pm  #95

greenwash.  BAD.

purplewash.... now there's a thought?

12/03/2021 12:19 pm  #96

It occurred to me that while a foil hat might protect you from alien mind control, it is extremely visible.  So I wondered if camouflage tinfoil was available.

12/03/2021 8:03 pm  #97

Nice find, because you're dead right.  Someone let Big Sarge know, eh?   I was thinking to get some for camoboi .....but at that price I'll pass... 

1/20/2022 7:46 pm  #98

Dear Dwellars,

I would like to take this opportunity to let you all know, because I know you're dying to, know, that is, that I, TheNeverWas, am, currently, at this moment, high as balls.

Carry on, you poor straight bastards.

Sincerely,

TheNeverWas

1/20/2022 10:14 pm  #99

Me too.

I Love my country, I fear the government.

1/21/2022 1:28 am  #100

looks like a buncha dirty, commie, ne'er do wells in here. I'm calling the fuzz

signature s c h m i g n a t u r e

Board footera