cellar2007a
The Cellar: a friendly neighborhood coffee shop, with no coffee and no shop. Established 1990.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

6/13/2021 2:42 pm  #1

Glad to see this still exists

Hello,

I called many many years ago, starting in 1991 on the old dial-up versions when I was 15.

I was happy when the isn.upenn.edu outdial let me dial from school at 2400 baud in the 90's.

I made a few friends here, and haven't kept up with many for any number of reasons.

I kept up for a few years until work, life, and the beginnings of the attitudes here made me want to not call anymore. 

Also, having two kids, going back to night school, and moving to the Midwest didn't help.  When I'm not working full-time trying to keep my employer and workforce secured, I do a lot of writing.  And social media.

For those of you that don't know, I'm someone who's barely called in 20 years, and is sure that most of you still hate my guts, especially now that I went back and got an MBA in 2015.

I'm happy to see the Cellar is back, however.

Have a great day,

Mitch

6/13/2021 2:49 pm  #2

Re: Glad to see this still exists

Hi Mitch welcome back.

I Love my country, I fear the government.

6/13/2021 3:10 pm  #3

Nice! Welcome back!

If you would only recognize that life is hard, things would be so much easier for you. - Louis Brandeis

6/13/2021 3:15 pm  #4

Also we could use your skills on the Tit Willow thread but be warned helping might be frustrating.

If you would only recognize that life is hard, things would be so much easier for you. - Louis Brandeis

6/13/2021 4:48 pm  #5

Welcome mbpark to the new incarnation of the cellar.  I'm very happy to see you here.  I definitely don't hate your guts.

Good to see you again!

Be Just And Fear Not

6/13/2021 4:54 pm  #6

griff wrote:

Also we could use your skills on the Tit Willow thread but be warned helping might be frustrating.

I think I will avoid that. One of the reasons I stopped calling was UT and TW always discounting others.  I will be immediately shot down and insulted for my choice of degree.  I have neither the time or patience to be talked down to.

6/13/2021 11:21 pm  #7

oh hai there!  I remember you.  Welcome back.  

The most difficult thing is the decision to act, the rest is merely tenacity  Amelia Earhart

6/13/2021 11:28 pm  #8

Also, Life gets easier once you reach 100 posts.  Please trust me........   stay with us.....

The most difficult thing is the decision to act, the rest is merely tenacity  Amelia Earhart

6/14/2021 6:58 am  #9

mbpark wrote:

griff wrote:

I think I will avoid that. One of the reasons I stopped calling was UT and TW always discounting others. I will be immediately shot down and insulted for my choice of degree. I have neither the time or patience to be talked down to.

I hear you. Participate at your comfort level. Monster is referring to our weird new system which seems to force a lot of capcha nonsense for the first 100 posts.

6/14/2021 8:49 pm  #10

Hi Mitch! Glad to see you around.

6/14/2021 9:13 pm  #11

^^^   Our new mostly benign overlord 

6/15/2021 1:02 pm  #12

Hey there, nice to see you again.

signature s c h m i g n a t u r e

6/16/2021 4:18 pm  #13

MBA? Kids? Midwest? That just shows you're human and as such makes human mistakes. LoL

However, I consider you the ultimate source of clear understandable no bullshit information on the care and feeding of infernal machines. 

A Bicentennial baby too.

Freedom is just another word for nothin' left to lose.

6/20/2021 5:48 pm  #14

Hey mitch.

Glad you caught the shift. You're one of the good old guard...

OGMitch is your rap name....

Still grateful for your help unfucking some computer I had a hundred years ago.

Cheers, broseph

8/12/2021 4:41 pm  #15

Im glad the site renders so well on IE6,I was worried but Jenny has done a good job with it.... (Its almost as fast as the one on VBB)

Does Undertoad come and help any?? (Or just post??)

EDIT:

I see he does,very good!!

Last edited by Dude111 (8/12/2021 4:44 pm)

8/12/2021 6:00 pm  #16

Good job Jenny on the rendering~!

Hiya Dude.

Be Just And Fear Not

8/12/2021 8:38 pm  #17

Hi Dude.

I Love my country, I fear the government.

8/13/2021 9:53 pm  #18

Hello everyone

Board footera