cellar2007a
The Cellar: a friendly neighborhood coffee shop, with no coffee and no shop. Established 1990.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

5/21/2021 6:34 am  #126

Re: Things that are improving your mood today

So glad I don't have to get the ban-hammer out because of this thread!

Living life on the edge.

5/21/2021 1:58 pm  #127

What?

You were going to ban me for that?

5/22/2021 3:01 am  #128

Gravdigr wrote:

What?

You were going to ban me for that?

[joking]And this! It's all a banning offence!!!!! [/joking]
Ease up, boy! Ain't nobody gonna ban you while I'm around!

Living life on the edge.

5/22/2021 7:52 pm  #129

Heh, don't say something now you might have to o back on later...

5/23/2021 2:15 am  #130

She can glatt to do it.

Freedom is just another word for nothin' left to lose.

5/31/2021 8:26 pm  #131

Prepping the last two boards in the panel of the big barn door for glue up and screw up.  Will still have eleven more frame pieces to add, but the panel will be made, huge milestone.

Huge f*cking panel for that matter.

Be Just And Fear Not

6/01/2021 5:50 am  #132

Go big or go home!

If you would only recognize that life is hard, things would be so much easier for you. - Louis Brandeis

6/01/2021 7:21 pm  #133

griff wrote:

Go big or go home!

Well, I ain't  goin home.

and this is the inside of the door, unfinished--no trim/frame boards.  This is where I stopped last night.  I posed it (hahah I mean, where I was lucky as hell to stand it up to get to the other side without dropping it on any of my apendages) next to the doorway it will cover, when done and hung.

Be Just And Fear Not

6/02/2021 5:44 am  #134

That's gonna look nice!

If you would only recognize that life is hard, things would be so much easier for you. - Louis Brandeis

6/02/2021 10:54 pm  #135

Going to take a lot of room to swing.

6/03/2021 10:30 pm  #136

not a swinger.

a slider.

tonight I realized put the hanger brackets too far apart to leave any reasonable cushion for the sliding range of the .... pulleys?  in the hanging rail.  So I moved them each inward about five inches.  That problem solved.  

Now the ledger board upon which the rail holding brackets hung.  That turned out to be mounted a few inches too low.  Not that I can shorten the door, the doorWAY is fixed.  Annyhow.  I moved the ledger board up a few inches and have repositioned it.  REsecuring it to the house... we'll finish that later.

some pics.  OK.

old location of bracket signified by three vacant holes.

New location of bracket indicated by the fuckin bracket. It's inboard by about five inches, same for the one at the other end of the door.

I don't have before and after pics of the repositioning of the ledger board.  Here's the before..lmagine it rotated 180 deg around the shortest axis, and moved upward a couple inches.... then re lagbolted to the studs.  then go to bed.  like me.

good night

Be Just And Fear Not

6/04/2021 9:49 am  #137

BigV wrote:

New location of bracket indicated by the fuckin bracket.

Teehee.

6/04/2021 11:27 am  #138

It looks beautiful, and I can see your pictures no problem.

I Love my country, I fear the government.

6/16/2021 9:53 pm  #139

Someone may be working as an occasional gardener for friends and friends of friends whilst they seek a "proper job".  That someone probably charges a very reasonable hourly rate because they enjoy the work and ya know......  that someone just is not overly-grabby financially.   That someone got tipped 75% today.  Which is nice. 

The most difficult thing is the decision to act, the rest is merely tenacity  Amelia Earhart

6/17/2021 6:01 am  #140

Nice.

6/17/2021 8:46 pm  #141

My mood is improved today by the (I should tell you here to brace yourself, our Federal Government did something good in real time) passage in the US Senate and US House of Representatives and the US President of the United States of America, a bill, now a law, memorializing June 19th as National Independence Day, or Juneteenth as every other human will recognize it as.

God Bless America, ....

eventually.

I'm supremely happy *and* I'm working from home tomorrow because everybody else has a goddamn new federal holiday!

Be Just And Fear Not

6/21/2021 10:07 pm  #142

Good night friends.

I've unloaded some my my cellar-psychic burden.

My mood is improved.

Be Just And Fear Not

6/21/2021 10:09 pm  #143

fuck.

reached for tab/newline, got submit instead.

so... as I was typin..

more pics to come, bikes, cars, food, kids, flowers. orig v covers, good music on youtube, etc.

updates on life here in the upper left hand corner, et.

love you guyz

Be Just And Fear Not

7/26/2021 6:45 pm  #144

Went to a birthday party yesterday over in Jersey. I know the birthday boy and three other people there. The rest I knew who a few were by relationships to the celebrant, but most it was smile, nod, and keep walking.
Spend a lot of time and energy spoiling the puppy, Orville.
One guy comes up to me and says today is about as hot as the day we met. I'm clueless. Then he says, yeah it was August something or other 27 years ago. Now I'm really lost, no idea what, where, who, only when. I'm pretty sure he knew he had me from my expression, I pictured big question marks appearing like balloons and popping over my head like a cartoon.
Finally he said, you were our wedding photographer. Aha, now I know. I still don't remember him but certainly remember his hot redhead bride, she's the sister of the friend who asked me to do it in the first place.
Turns out he is a cop and has been with a half dozen different departments. He's also a couple years short of retirement from the Air Force Reserve. He showed me a video on his phone of him running the refueling boom to air-to-air gas up a fighter jet.

Last edited by xoxoxoBruce (7/26/2021 6:48 pm)

7/26/2021 8:26 pm  #145

Man, don't it get ya when that happens?

These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA, EPA, FBI, DEA, CDC, or FDIC. These statements are not intended to diagnose, cause, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. If you feel you have been harmed/offended by, or, disagree with any of the above statements or images, please feel free to fuck right off.

8/12/2021 4:59 pm  #146

Doctor said I don't have a rotator cuff tear or bone spurs.

8/12/2021 9:34 pm  #147

Yay?

Guess that's two things off the list, though...

These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA, EPA, FBI, DEA, CDC, or FDIC. These statements are not intended to diagnose, cause, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. If you feel you have been harmed/offended by, or, disagree with any of the above statements or images, please feel free to fuck right off.

8/13/2021 3:49 pm  #148

It's a frozen shoulder. I can barely even lift the arm enough to put on deodorant.

It could always be worse.

I just got a goodbye email from a guy who hosted blood drives I used to attend.  I started running my own drives, so don't go to his anymore. Real nice guy.  I always liked chatting with him when I was checking in to donate.  He's having a celebration of his life party in two weeks because he exhausted all cancer treatment options and is now a week into hospice.

That's not something I would want for myself in his shoes. Being the center of attention like that.  But I Iike the idea.  If I knew him better, and wasn't planning a trip to Vermont then, I'd go.

8/14/2021 6:57 am  #149

It's a little like a baby shower--a fine idea, but the kind of thing that someone else should at least pretend to be throwing for you.

11/14/2021 12:24 pm  #150

It's been three months since an improved mood was reported.
What I like this time of year, as leaves are finishing their dropping, is the appearance of all the birds' nests that they hid since spring.
I found some yesterday that apparently were from two or three different species.
None of them had been given away by comings and  goings and all were high enough to protect them from my current hyper-athletic cat.

Board footera