cellar2007a
The Cellar: a friendly neighborhood coffee shop, with no coffee and no shop. Established 1990.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

6/26/2021 11:13 am  #26

Re: What is pissing you the fuck off right now?

What I propose now is going to be the shortest thread in the history of the Cellar:
Everyone please post their best experience with an insurance company.
Here is mine:

6/26/2021 10:04 pm  #27

Same.

Be Just And Fear Not

6/29/2021 6:01 pm  #28

Mine is very similar:

If you would only recognize that life is hard, things would be so much easier for you. - Louis Brandeis

6/29/2021 7:04 pm  #29

"The big print giveth.  The fine print taketh away."

Be Just And Fear Not

6/29/2021 8:18 pm  #30

Jake from State Farm is a lying piece o' shit.

These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA, EPA, FBI, DEA, CDC, or FDIC. These statements are not intended to diagnose, cause, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. If you feel you have been harmed/offended by, or, disagree with any of the above statements or images, please feel free to fuck right off.

7/25/2021 9:06 am  #31

So, on the show I'm watching (hit pause to come here and bitch about it)  3 ppl got in a car, two in front, one in back,  two scenes later when they've gotten where they're going, two ppl get out of the back seat.  No explanation.

Then the girl falls off a cliff, complete with a long drawn out tapering off Wilhelm-type scream.  When the scene returns to her, she's landed about ten feet below the edge of the cliff.  I mean you know she ain't dying, she's the star of the show, but, are we supposed to think she fell for less than a second and then continued to scream for another five seconds, c'mon.

Oh, and when the episode comes on, it opens with the continuation of the same conversation that the last episode ended with, only it's changed from obviously night (noticeable due to the large window in the middle of the room) to bright as noon (also noticeable due to the large window in the middle of the room).

Continuity, ppl, damn.

These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA, EPA, FBI, DEA, CDC, or FDIC. These statements are not intended to diagnose, cause, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. If you feel you have been harmed/offended by, or, disagree with any of the above statements or images, please feel free to fuck right off.

8/12/2021 4:50 pm  #32

monster wrote:

What is pissing you the fuck off right now?

How stupid people are and easily controlled they are!!

8/12/2021 6:40 pm  #33

TheNeverWas wrote:

snip--
Continuity, ppl, damn.

QFFT.

Be Just And Fear Not

8/12/2021 8:25 pm  #34

Dude111 wrote:

monster wrote:

What is pissing you the fuck off right now?

How stupid people are and easily controlled they are!!

walked past a mirror did we?

The most difficult thing is the decision to act, the rest is merely tenacity  Amelia Earhart

8/13/2021 6:55 pm  #35

Two days without power so far, one more to go

The most difficult thing is the decision to act, the rest is merely tenacity  Amelia Earhart

8/13/2021 9:52 pm  #36

Wow im so sorry buddy...... I hope your power comes back s00n!!

8/15/2021 7:21 pm  #37

I ticks me off that every car maker with an SUV has increased the use of advertising film showing their wonderful quasi-off-roader blasting down a nice road somewhere covering the landscape with dust and other crap.
To finish of every one of these, they find a brook or stream to gouge out and dewater with their oversize rubber.
And you have think that for usable shots and great fun they did it over and over, maybe in multiple days.
It is a kind of a plague.

8/16/2021 12:19 pm  #38

RTFQ

I'm in class today, a boot camp for Certified Cloud Security Professional, an (ISC)^2 Certification. (Small point of order, I think they're trying too hard to be distinctive with their naming convention here, slipping into "cute" territory.  Putting the exponent outside the parentheses means to square (or in this case just repeat) all the terms inside the parentheses.  And the name of their outfit only has one I and one S but two Cs, so it really oughta be ISC^2.  But that's just me.  And maybe monster).

Anyhow, first half day of class, on lunch break.  My employer is paying for my attendance at the class and I get to attend from home, which is very nice.  Though I did have to login this morning at 5:45 am local time--yawn.  Back to the irritation... We've gone through a handful of sample questions from the certification test and they're typically oblique.  There's a good chance that the answer (one of the four or so multiple choice options) to the question is actually in the question text.  But while looking for the subject in the question and the corresponding subject in the answers is pretty straightforward, finding the modifying adjectives or negatives or comparatives is less so.

I've answered a number of them "incorrectly", honestly due to insufficiently careful reading of the question.  Not because I don't know the material we just covered 30 minutes ago... therefore, I've made a really big note on my papers:

READ 
THE
FUCKING 
QUESTION.

Sounds elementary, self evident even.  But surprisingly easy to overlook.  Learning the material is one thing, pretty hard, pretty complex, a lot of it, too.  Learning how to pass the test is a different skill.  That part is irritating.

Be Just And Fear Not

8/18/2021 11:47 am  #39

The bell's rung, class dismissed for the day and by day I mean yesterday, Tuesday.  Too tired to even finish this post then. Trying to wrap up now during break.  Go!

My poor, poor brane.

jk

I'm learning, so some of you lost that bet.  It's a lot of content.  And a *lot* of it is way outside of my area of expertise, like law, federal regulations, etc.  One nice thing that happened today--definitely not pissing me off, but posted here for continuity. This class is sponsored by my employer, all my classmates are also my co-workers.  Albeit, spread across the CONUS (heh, acronym dropping there... srsly, some from as far east as Virginia and Maryland, "just ten minutes from DC".  There are a couple people from San Diego, so West Coast Represennnnnt!).

I'm enjoying learning, I'm enjoying meeting other people that work for the firm, I'm especially enjoying this break after successfully surviving a medium large crisis this morning.  Not averted, just... resolved.  I am also enjoying seeing things come up in the study and review questions that I already know, that I recognize from previous training and certification.  There's SO much going on in "IT" that I don't know about... seeing some that I do know about is kinda satisfying.

Aaaanyhow, continuity, not pissed off.  See y'all after class.

Be Just And Fear Not

8/19/2021 6:00 am  #40

Attitude is everything!

If you would only recognize that life is hard, things would be so much easier for you. - Louis Brandeis

1/08/2022 11:26 am  #41

Maybe this is more mildly annoying... I tire of Pennsylvania Slob Hunter™

1/09/2022 11:24 pm  #42

What am I looking at Griff?

Freedom is just another word for nothin' left to lose.

1/10/2022 7:17 am  #43

Somebody decided to shoot up a healthy cherry tree which is 16 to 18 inches through. 

1/10/2022 2:54 pm  #44

griff wrote:

Somebody decided to shoot up a healthy cherry tree which is 16 to 18 inches through. 

Can we rule out George Washington?

1/10/2022 6:00 pm  #45

Carruthers wrote:

griff wrote:

Can we rule out George Washington?

I'm guessing this is a more chaotic personality, although the view may differ from your side of the Atlantic.

1/11/2022 1:55 am  #46

It's not that George wouldn't do it, it's that he'd admit it if you asked.

1/11/2022 8:12 pm  #47

griff wrote:

That's a cherry tree?

The bark on that one (disregarding the slobber) is entirely different from the cherries in this area.  Here, we have fairly smooth to very smooth bark with frequent horizontal splits in the bark.  I'll look for a picture.  We have a very big, but dying one in the front yard and a couple younger spindly ones in the back yard.  Completely different bark structure.

Be Just And Fear Not

1/12/2022 2:10 am  #48

Just a quick look make me suspect there are a shitload of names that are probably copyrighted by nurseries.

Freedom is just another word for nothin' left to lose.

1/12/2022 7:38 am  #49

Yeah, this is the Wild or Black. I think that's two names for the same tree.

1/12/2022 10:04 pm  #50

The kind with the fine wood

Board footera