cellar2007a
The Cellar: a friendly neighborhood coffee shop, with no coffee and no shop. Established 1990.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

7/04/2021 9:01 am  #1

What The Fuck?!

I can't believe someone didn't do it already, but I couldn't find it...So:

I dood it.

I don't think I could make up a better wtf moment than:

The.  Gulf of Mexico.  Is.  On.  Fire.

These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA, EPA, FBI, DEA, CDC, or FDIC. These statements are not intended to diagnose, cause, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. If you feel you have been harmed/offended by, or, disagree with any of the above statements or images, please feel free to fuck right off.

7/04/2021 11:33 am  #2

Re: What The Fuck?!

Dummys!  Just pour some water on that sumbitch.

7/04/2021 9:21 pm  #3

Nitrogen through the pipeline is what did the trick.

These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA, EPA, FBI, DEA, CDC, or FDIC. These statements are not intended to diagnose, cause, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. If you feel you have been harmed/offended by, or, disagree with any of the above statements or images, please feel free to fuck right off.

7/05/2021 6:15 am  #4

I can't figure out if people are wicked smart or wicked stupid.

If you would only recognize that life is hard, things would be so much easier for you. - Louis Brandeis

7/05/2021 11:01 am  #5

freeze valves... wicked smaht.

Be Just And Fear Not

7/06/2021 9:04 am  #6

In the second video in the article it looked like they were spraying water on the fire. What did they think the fire was going to spread. I think I would have saved my pumps for another day.

I Love my country, I fear the government.

7/08/2021 1:22 am  #7

"The blaze erupted at 5:15 a.m. local time about 150 yards from an oil platform and operations returned to “normal” at 10:45 after the fire was extinguished, Bloomberg reported, citing a company statement."
After the fire was out makes sense, but it seems to me "normal" would be hard until the leak is repaired??

Freedom is just another word for nothin' left to lose.

7/28/2021 11:28 pm  #8

I wondered if he was changing body mounts which would have the body unbolted from the chassis but usually only a few bolts at a time. Someone else suggested he was installing a lift kit to make room for bigger tires which sounds like it jibes with current trends. But I really don't know, but bet he's fired.

7/29/2021 8:17 am  #9

The frame's in good shape for one of those at that age.

7/30/2021 6:29 am  #10

My Tacoma is going in for a frame check next month which could end in them swapping the frame out. That must not be a NorthEast SUV.

If you would only recognize that life is hard, things would be so much easier for you. - Louis Brandeis

7/31/2021 11:47 am  #11

"swapping the frame out"
I have to say that I don't think I have ever heard of such a thing.
It is sort of like the old joke "take off the radiator cap and drive a new car under it."

7/31/2021 7:05 pm  #12

It's pretty rare around here, too, but not unheard of.  Usually a truck with a twisted frame.

Of course, fewer and fewer vehicles have a frame to swap out...

8/01/2021 6:48 am  #13

Toyota did this with a bunch of pickups years ago and are now doing another series of them. No government recall just maintaining brand loyalty. We'll see if my 10 year old truck warrants a brand new frame...

8/01/2021 6:41 pm  #14

I am familiar with the idea of "frame-off restoration," but  that seems like something else entirely.
The very concept with all it would entail is almost laughable..
I would like to hear more of what you know now and as you learn.

8/02/2021 6:43 am  #15

It turns out this all came about from a class action lawsuit.

https://www.motorbiscuit.com/avoid-these-used-toyota-tacoma-models-unless-you-love-rust/

My buddy says they'll hit it with a BFH to determine if it's a bad one. One of Pete's cow-orkers just bought a used one with a new frame. Some plant in Ohio didn't treat the frames properly in case you want to blame the Japanese.

8/02/2021 12:27 pm  #16

That mostly clears it up.
Makes sense if Toyota pays for it and includes other problems.
Two guys, two days?

That link has a surprising CR report about new pickups.
My kid's '93 4X (still called Hi-Lux in those days) has around 400K with a couple of valve jobs and clutches, front axles, U-joints and little more
Glad for pit in garage. Tough truck.  My ' 60 GMC has many fewer miles and fewer fixes.

8/21/2021 6:42 pm  #17

On the surface it would appear to be nice people doing a good thing, but I don't like the smell of it...

I'm sure some were gifts from family and friends, some he bought with his christmas money or whatever, but I wonder what % I paid for that they are giving away to a private museum.

6/08/2023 5:30 pm  #18

Apologies for this large pic, but:

Look down there near the bottom, in the section "Past Members"...

Wanna talk 'bout that, Mr. V?

Last edited by TheNeverWas (6/08/2023 5:31 pm)

6/27/2023 8:53 pm  #19

WTF!?  I mean, it's an apple, man, y'all don't eat apples!!!

7/03/2023 5:50 am  #20

I would guess.. and that's all it is... that oil rig created like a man made reef and fish flocked to the shelter.
But man made structures don't produce food like a reef or kelp bed, so with all those fish food is short.
All those fish going for the apple are in danger of being food for bigger fish.
Keep your eye on the ball, son.  OK dad I wi Bam, run over by a truck.

7/03/2023 4:11 pm  #21

xoxoxoBruce wrote:

Keep your eye on the ball, son.  OK dad I wi Bam...

8/22/2023 11:01 am  #22

Cocaine, it's a helluva drug, man, helluva drug...

8/22/2023 11:04 am  #23

I'm exhausted after watching that.

8/22/2023 3:23 pm  #24

I lack the stamina to watch that, I only made it a quarter of the way.

I Love my country, I fear the government.

8/23/2023 5:51 am  #25

Holy crap

Board footera