cellar2007a
The Cellar: a friendly neighborhood coffee shop, with no coffee and no shop. Established 1990.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

5/29/2021 6:54 am  #126

Re: Dogs

If you would only recognize that life is hard, things would be so much easier for you. - Louis Brandeis

6/06/2021 4:47 pm  #127

Update on the Dogs:

So, the special food for Max is still doing well.  The vet wants me to continue it for a while since he's been having problems for so long.  It ain't cheap, but he's worth it......kind of ;) 

Tess is doing well, too.  She had a bad day yesterday, but I think it was because I ran out of pain pills and she hadn't had them for a couple days.  I thought she was ok, but she was shaking and whiney and not using her leg AT ALL.  Today, she's back to using the leg to walk when slow.  She's also had the stitches out and isn't interested in the incision anymore, so she didn't wear her cone last night.  I think that I can start leaving it off more.  I think I'll still put it on when I go to the office because if she decides to fuss with it and something happens, I won't be here to help.  She HATES going in the fence, but she will.  I think they're both scared of it, but it works well without having to shove her in the crate.

*The grey blanket has been taken over by the dogs

6/07/2021 5:58 am  #128

I thought I already posted that we had to put our senior dog Aife down. She was such a sweet one. The last few months have been hard on her and she finally had what looked like a stroke. 15 is a good run for a dog.

If you would only recognize that life is hard, things would be so much easier for you. - Louis Brandeis

6/07/2021 10:16 am  #129

I am absolutely certain that you done good by her.

My buddy's bordie made it to 15 before cancer got him.

Fuck cancer.

I was totally unaware of Aife.

6/07/2021 10:18 am  #130

Associated with this Aife?

6/07/2021 3:39 pm  #131

That's her.

6/07/2021 4:42 pm  #132

I'm so sorry griff!  15 is definitely a good run

6/08/2021 4:15 pm  #133

The flaw in dogs, they don't live long enough. 

Freedom is just another word for nothin' left to lose.

7/12/2021 5:29 pm  #134

Hey all - this is not a happy story

- remember last year, when the two Js got stranded back in the UK for months,  leaving their two dogs in kennels in Vietnam and one of the dogs,  Merlot (my Carrot's brother) got very sick and died before they could get back?

A little over a year later, Janet's currently over in the UK again for a visit,  leaving Jude and their remaining dog, Biscuit (an adorable former street puppy they've had since he was about 10 months old, recently turned  3 years old) 

Saturday morning, Biscuit started acting weird, distressed, barking and running around then collapsed and fitted for 40 mins before passing away. He'd been poisoned with anti-freeze. Apparently there's been a spate of such incidents lately. 

Jude's in pieces, obviously - and though Janet is flying back to Vietnam in a couple of days, she'll have to be in quarantine for 2 weeks - so he's completely on his own. 

How fucking unlucky can someone be? 

7/12/2021 7:44 pm  #135

That's horrible!  I'm sorry Dana.

7/13/2021 10:56 am  #136

7/13/2021 12:21 pm  #137

jesus christ

signature s c h m i g n a t u r e

7/13/2021 11:42 pm  #138

That sucks whether intentional or just careless disposal of anti-freeze is just... wait, antifreeze in Vietnam?
Yeah, coolant, lubricant, anti-corrosion, same same. Anyway as I was saying that's criminal, no excuse. 

7/14/2021 5:18 pm  #139

Oh man!  You're poor friend!  I think I'd never leave again if that happened to me :/ 

7/14/2021 7:38 pm  #140

Unbelievably cruel.

7/19/2021 6:03 pm  #141

Tess and Max are ready to listen.  Tess more than Max.  Pretty sure that Max is sleeping

7/20/2021 8:52 pm  #142

You're their whole life and they know it. 

7/20/2021 9:53 pm  #143

They're pretty dang cute!

Woof!

Be Just And Fear Not

7/21/2021 10:34 pm  #144

@Bruce - sometimes they stare at me like this ALL DAY.  It's very unnerving.  I can't wait until I can just let them out the back door or something

@BigV - Thanks!  Tess is even cuter when she lets me cut her fur on her face.  Always a struggle *sigh*

7/22/2021 12:26 am  #145

They stare because nothings happens in their world without you so they're waiting.
Yes but if you didn't care you wouldn't sigh you'd just shrug it off. 

Last edited by xoxoxoBruce (7/22/2021 12:28 am)

8/24/2021 5:13 pm  #146

More dogs on the couch pictures
WHAT'S THAT?

I don't see anything

Such a hard life

Expected

8/24/2021 6:58 pm  #147

I like seeing happy dogs!

Be Just And Fear Not

8/25/2021 5:59 am  #148

Darn cute!

8/25/2021 6:30 am  #149

Since we're doing couch dogs:

The Assistant to the General Manager is doing her best to follow his lead.

8/25/2021 7:05 am  #150

@BigV - They were nervous and happy.  They're going to LOVE the windows when they realize they'll be there all the time

@Undertoad - Exactly

@griff - Cute couch dogs!!  They're both staring at me now.  I think they want breakfast....

Last edited by bbro (8/25/2021 7:05 am)

Board footera