cellar2007a
The Cellar: a friendly neighborhood coffee shop, with no coffee and no shop. Established 1990.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

9/11/2021 4:29 pm  #251

Re: Adventures of Home Ownership

BigV wrote:

By your logic, since it doesn't have a cover, it's not an electrical box. 

That was never said.  By his intentionally distorted logic, then someone who runs a stop sign means that stop sign also did not exist.

That picture shows what would be (is apparently) an electrical box.  If it is as predicted, then it must have a cover.  and must remain accessible.  How his subverts simple logic is baffling.

BigV wrote:

Electrical over the sink?  No.  Medicine cabinet over the sink?  Very common.

Electrical over a sink - quite acceptable.  Even long before GFCIs existed.  Even before receptacles were required to have that third ground prong.

Where is a comment based in honest technical facts from BigV?  Difficult to find.  He even twists what was written  to conform to an adversarial attitude.

That picture demonstrates what is typically an electrical box - complete with a not very clean installation.  To say more (which BigV misrepresents to be adversarial) means moving trim to see more.  If that is an electrical junction box, it must remain accessible - a code requirement.  Currently, everything in that picture says it would be an electrical box.  Even thickness of the exposed metal, size of that hole, and the plaster job necessary to repair that installation says it is an electrical box.

Apparently Trump order BigV to post his emotions again?  So he did what he was ordered to do.

9/11/2021 5:37 pm  #252

tw wrote:

Apparently Trump order BigV to post his emotions again?  So he did what he was ordered to do.

Seriously - what is the fucking point of turning this political.  It was supposed to be a fun little question and you fucking ruined it.  Take your shit back to the politic forum.

9/11/2021 6:53 pm  #253

bbro wrote:

Seriously - what is the fucking point of turning this political.

Discussion remains logical when one does not post demeaning (and intentionally misrepresented) comments.

Don't blame me for identifying demeaning comments. Cheapshots are a characteristic of Trump type people.  It is not political.  He has previously demonstrated that he can post as an adult.  Why he decided to post like Trump is worthy of commentary.

Nothing was political  Trump is a benchmark for cheapshot commentary.  And distorting truth.  It is always discussed just like the weather.

Sorry if it makes you angry.  But Trump is a benchmark for a type of human behavior.  That fact cannot be ignored.

Meanwhile, take a picture of what is behind the trim. 

Last edited by tw (9/11/2021 6:55 pm)

9/11/2021 8:00 pm  #254

tw wrote:

If it is a junction box, then it must have a cover.

parse this.

If A must have B, then without B, A is not.

That logic, your "logic".  You're slipping, bro.

Be Just And Fear Not

9/12/2021 8:17 am  #255

BigV wrote:

I'm unacquainted with Miss Dig, but I think her local number 811, CALL BEFORE YOU DIG.

They mean it.  And I've seen ... diagrams of *bad things happening* that are completely avoidable mistakes.  and for free.  Call.

yeah Miss Dig is Michigan 811

The most difficult thing is the decision to act, the rest is merely tenacity  Amelia Earhart

9/12/2021 9:47 am  #256

BigV wrote:

If A must have B, then without B, A is not.

If A (an electric junction box) exists, then A must have B (a cover).  If without B (a cover), then A (electric junction box)  does not exist?  Of course it does.  And is an electrical code violation.

You keep ignoring that last sentence.  A Trump technique used to subvert logical conclusions.

Last edited by tw (9/12/2021 9:57 am)

9/12/2021 9:50 pm  #257

Undertoad wrote:

plz

Some fishermen love to watch all us worms squirm on a hook.  Feel like bait?

9/12/2021 10:21 pm  #258

Not necessary just take a flashlight and peek in the hole. I certainly trust you to tell us what you see without emotion. 

Freedom is just another word for nothin' left to lose.

9/18/2021 1:42 pm  #259

tw wrote:

bbro wrote:

Seriously - what is the fucking point of turning this political.

Discussion remains logical when one does not post demeaning (and intentionally misrepresented) comments.

Don't blame me for identifying demeaning comments. Cheapshots are a characteristic of Trump type people.  It is not political.  He has previously demonstrated that he can post as an adult.  Why he decided to post like Trump is worthy of commentary.

Nothing was political  Trump is a benchmark for cheapshot commentary.  And distorting truth.  It is always discussed just like the weather.

Sorry if it makes you angry.  But Trump is a benchmark for a type of human behavior.  That fact cannot be ignored.

Meanwhile, take a picture of what is behind the trim. 

Fuck you, twat waffle.  You ruined my thread with your self righteous bullshit.  

9/18/2021 6:45 pm  #260

Let's just ignore it and get back on with the thread.  With a passing note to the awesomeness of the name Twat Waffle.  How's the latest project?

The most difficult thing is the decision to act, the rest is merely tenacity  Amelia Earhart

9/19/2021 7:04 am  #261

I concur.

If you would only recognize that life is hard, things would be so much easier for you. - Louis Brandeis

9/19/2021 5:23 pm  #262

monster wrote:

Let's just ignore it and get back on with the thread.  With a passing note to the awesomeness of the name Twat Waffle.  How's the latest project?

My brother was in town last week, so we got a lot done, actually. 
 - Finished all the removal of the shelf paper in the kitchen
 - Finished removing as much as we could of the glue in the sunroom
 - Scrubbed the sunroom floor clean
 - Put down the floor (but unfortunately I have to redo it because there's not enough room from the wall on one side)
 - Removed the molding in the laundry room
 - Put the creepy house in a dumpster
 - Removed the laundry line and posts
 - Removed the burn barrel that was falling apart
 - Removed the enclosures in the showers (but some more work needs to be done)
 - Added a curtain rod to the hall bathroom
 - Finished installing new ceiling fans (two of them ON MY OWN!!)
 - Fixed the outside lights (Ok, ok, they just needed light bulbs)
 - Added weather stripping to the doors (no more lizards inside!!)
 - Brought all my weights for the gym over (still need the bench)
 - I got paint samples and decided on some colors.

I think that's it.  I'm working on getting the laundry room at least half done.  I ordered the washer/dryer with the assumption that it would be done, but we didn't do much.  I'm focusing on that side of the room.  It's all sanded to get the varnish offish and I filled in all the holes and grooves with joint compound.  I'm going to sand and prime it tomorrow (I think).  I'm going to see how much I can get painted with the sample.  If I can get just behind where the appliances get here, but I can move those (paint for the laundry room https://www.behr.com/consumer/ColorDetailView/M530-5/ )

PLUS, the fence is getting done on Monday, so I'll be able to just let the dogs out when I want to do work at the house.  And with the working shower, I can stay there if I wanted to

Back yard free of most of the crap

Back yard with fire pit

Before any removal

Final look at the glue removal

The fan I installed :D

Progress on laundry room

Last edited by bbro (9/19/2021 5:24 pm)

9/19/2021 6:39 pm  #263

Pictures make that naked floor look like an expensive marble floor.

9/19/2021 8:45 pm  #264

Bloody Hell bb! Somehow my productive day has just kind of withered.... 

9/20/2021 6:18 am  #265

At least you've been productive, think how I feel.

If you would only recognize that life is hard, things would be so much easier for you. - Louis Brandeis

9/20/2021 7:20 am  #266

@monster - this was over a WEEK!  I would have died it if was all in a day!  Dammit, I should've taken a picture of the full dumpster (it's getting picked up today)

@griff - I mean, I have lots of things still on the list if you want to feel productive 

9/20/2021 4:07 pm  #267

lol! No thank you!

9/20/2021 4:58 pm  #268

You installed that fan?!

Are they still a royal PITA to install?  Holding up all that weight while trying to make connections.  Maybe I'm thinking of light fixtures.  But pretty sure I did a fan once and it sucked.

9/20/2021 5:35 pm  #269

@griff - well, you let me know if you change your mind - lmao

@glatt - Yep!  I installed that one and another one ALL BY MYSELF.  They aren't too bad.  Just a lot of stuff to do.  I adjusted my step ladder so that I could rest the main part on top while I attached the connections, but if my ladder hadn't been tall enough, I would've had to hold it.  Yea, that would suck.  My arms were definitely shaking from screwing everything in by the time it was over.

9/20/2021 6:12 pm  #270

oh my fan fell off once.  what a royal pain that was.  Nice work!

9/20/2021 10:57 pm  #271

a rando piece of wire will hold the heavy fan while the electrical connections are made #voiceofexperience

Be Just And Fear Not

9/21/2021 10:42 am  #272

BigV wrote:

a rando piece of wire will hold the heavy fan while the electrical connections are made #voiceofexperience

No doubt. But adjusting the step-ladder to hold the weight is TOP!

Living life on the edge.

9/21/2021 11:06 am  #273

I'm afraid I am unfamiliar with the adjustable step-ladder.

I have a step-ladder.  I never knew my real ladder...

These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA, EPA, FBI, DEA, CDC, or FDIC. These statements are not intended to diagnose, cause, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. If you feel you have been harmed/offended by, or, disagree with any of the above statements or images, please feel free to fuck right off.

9/21/2021 11:08 am  #274

Okay, pic searched it and now I feel like a dork.

These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA, EPA, FBI, DEA, CDC, or FDIC. These statements are not intended to diagnose, cause, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. If you feel you have been harmed/offended by, or, disagree with any of the above statements or images, please feel free to fuck right off.

9/21/2021 6:27 pm  #275

@monster - Thanks!  That's my biggest fear - lol

@BigV - good to know

@TheNeverWas - I have this one: https://www.lowes.com/pd/Little-Giant-Leveler-Aluminum-18-ft-Reach-Type-1A-300-lbs-Capacity-Telescoping-Multi-Position-Ladder/1000386349

So, I ran out to the house to do a quick sand and prime in the laundry room.  It definitely needs a second coat, but I'm not sure if filling in the grooves is worth it.  If I had more time, I would've done it again.

I also had to quality check the fence.  My supervisors were there to make sure it wasn't screwed up
Inspecting the length

Comparing notes

Investigating the gate access

Board footera