cellar2007a
The Cellar: a friendly neighborhood coffee shop, with no coffee and no shop. Established 1990.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

8/22/2021 1:08 pm  #126

Re: Bikes!

This thread reminded me about a post I made, whenever, about how figs are pollinated by wasps.  I was unable to find my post, but during my search I found several dwellars had already found what I wanted to expand on, namely Gravdigr who found God in this video, about ten years ago.  Well done man.

yeah i guess you gotta watch it on the youtube.
The Queen of Trees - OFFICIAL

Last edited by BigV (8/22/2021 1:11 pm)

Be Just And Fear Not

8/22/2021 2:36 pm  #127

A most excellent show.

And, no, I do not believe that is just a big, happy coincidence.

There's just no way all this 'just happened'...

These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA, EPA, FBI, DEA, CDC, or FDIC. These statements are not intended to diagnose, cause, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. If you feel you have been harmed/offended by, or, disagree with any of the above statements or images, please feel free to fuck right off.

8/22/2021 2:37 pm  #128

Oh, and it reaffirmed my beliefs, yes.

These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA, EPA, FBI, DEA, CDC, or FDIC. These statements are not intended to diagnose, cause, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. If you feel you have been harmed/offended by, or, disagree with any of the above statements or images, please feel free to fuck right off.

8/25/2021 6:20 am  #129

So this happened...

If you would only recognize that life is hard, things would be so much easier for you. - Louis Brandeis

8/25/2021 6:26 am  #130

Before I broke that seat tube I was trying to figure out how to nurse the bike through another season. The wheels are beat, the suspension needs a rebuild, and the drive train is worn out. So I ordered ...

https://www.outdoorgearlab.com/reviews/biking/mountain-bike-under-2500/polygon-siskiu-t8

I may see if I can get a quick weld done on the old one but she'll be essentially retired.

If you would only recognize that life is hard, things would be so much easier for you. - Louis Brandeis

8/25/2021 8:15 pm  #131

$1200 more than I paid for my car.  Of course, one could make the argument that the bike will go places my CherryBomb can't/won't, but CherryBomb is going downhill pretty damn fast...

8/26/2021 5:58 am  #132

I see it as an investment in my health both mental and physical. It's twice what I paid for my old bike and half what my buddy paid for his...

9/01/2021 6:22 am  #133

So a new neighbor hung out a welding sign. He seems a little hip for around here but we got the job done! He rides free style and has done some skate park building. He doesn't really have the equipment for the super thin wall but managed to tack it in place, lay a cold bead, and put a hot bead over the top. Not as pretty as he wanted but just what I need for very little cash. I shot a coat of flat black on her and did the annual camp and ride with the boys. We solved none of the worlds problems. My guys were better armed than in the past. When the emotionally stable, politically moderate are packing...

9/10/2021 9:18 pm  #134

I approve!

Be Just And Fear Not

9/20/2021 10:48 pm  #135

It's FULLY dark when I depart the house for work in the morning.  So tonight I applied two packs of reflective stickers to the bike. I found an interesting contrast between a couple of dramatically different colored lights.  Here's what it looks like. I hope it's a attention getting to someone in a car watching what their headlights illuminate.

Be Just And Fear Not

9/20/2021 10:52 pm  #136

Here's one where I tried to capture the effect while spinning the wheel.

The persistence of vision makes much more complete circles IRL, this looks this choppy because I couldn't spin the wheel very fast by the time I got back to the camera.

Be Just And Fear Not

9/21/2021 6:11 am  #137

A day glo wind breaker is also a winner in the pre-headlight hours. Do you already have a red flasher? It pulls attention away from the iPhone. Be safe brother!

9/21/2021 11:12 am  #138

Hell, even I had a blinking red light under my seat...

9/21/2021 6:21 pm  #139

griff wrote:

A day glo wind breaker is also a winner in the pre-headlight hours. Do you already have a red flasher? It pulls attention away from the iPhone. Be safe brother!

I have three.

I have one Cherry Bomb from Nite Rider mounted to the back of my helmet (at least six feet off the pavement) set to seizure mode *mode 1 in the video*.

And I have two Blinky 7s from Planet Bike, one mounted on each of the rearmost stays of my cargo rack.  No seizure mode, just blink and steady; I set the both to blink.  All the taillights are set to blink anytime I'm on the bike on the road.

Be Just And Fear Not

9/22/2021 6:03 am  #140

Good lad.

9/22/2021 2:33 pm  #141

Mine was almost identical to your Cherry Bomb.

9/27/2021 7:20 pm  #142

Watch out for lady bikers...

Freedom is just another word for nothin' left to lose.

10/06/2021 10:01 pm  #143

I don't know if this would stand up to Griff's abuse but sounds interesting...

Would Dan Gurney lie to you?

10/19/2021 5:08 pm  #144

Any good biking sites to learn new skills?

10/20/2021 6:26 am  #145

YouTube is a great place to start. Ben Cathro has a mountain biking series that I've been meaning to watch.

New Bike Day! A big box was waiting for me last night. I need to adjust my shock and tire pressures but she was ready to go with the barest amount of assembly.

10/20/2021 6:29 am  #146

I'll probably cut down the bars and move the levers around a little. I'm going to try it as wide as it is but we have trees along our trails in this region.

10/31/2021 3:17 pm  #147

for griff:

and 

Come visit, we'll make a road trip of it!

Be Just And Fear Not

10/31/2021 4:32 pm  #148

Also, wow, that is one pretty bike!

Be Just And Fear Not

11/01/2021 5:57 am  #149

That's a cool park! I have the bike for it now but the skills may be a little lacking.

11/06/2021 10:37 am  #150

Possum...

Board footera