cellar2007a
The Cellar: a friendly neighborhood coffee shop, with no coffee and no shop. Established 1990.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

7/06/2021 9:55 pm  #26

Re: Cats

Those having trouble viewing the pics:

Does the link in the previous post work for you?

Last edited by TheNeverWas (7/06/2021 9:56 pm)

These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA, EPA, FBI, DEA, CDC, or FDIC. These statements are not intended to diagnose, cause, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. If you feel you have been harmed/offended by, or, disagree with any of the above statements or images, please feel free to fuck right off.

7/08/2021 1:13 am  #27

I see it, as usual.

Freedom is just another word for nothin' left to lose.

7/08/2021 5:36 pm  #28

Carruthers wrote:

Why is this cat displaying navigation lights?

Perhaps he's from the Emerald Isle, of the O'Maran clan.

Be Just And Fear Not

7/09/2021 11:41 am  #29

A photo of mine showing that effect on a raccoon was published in a kids' science activity book - Exploralab

From the book:

"Exploralab" wrote:

The eyes of cats - as well as alligators, among others - hold a layer of light-reflective cells, the tapetum lucidum (Latin for "luminous carpet").  It gives animals great night vision because their eyes can detect light both when it enters the pupil, and again when light reflects inside the eye.

A little urban wildlife

Last edited by Happy Monkey (7/09/2021 11:45 am)

7/09/2021 1:29 pm  #30

BigV wrote:

Perhaps he's from the Emerald Isle, of the O'Maran clan.

Hah!

These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA, EPA, FBI, DEA, CDC, or FDIC. These statements are not intended to diagnose, cause, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. If you feel you have been harmed/offended by, or, disagree with any of the above statements or images, please feel free to fuck right off.

8/16/2021 9:40 pm  #31

8/17/2021 5:41 am  #32

That's pretty much it.

If you would only recognize that life is hard, things would be so much easier for you. - Louis Brandeis

9/21/2021 11:02 am  #33

Monster likes shoes.

The gnawing, clawing and biting thereof.

Last edited by TheNeverWas (9/21/2021 11:04 am)

9/21/2021 12:02 pm  #34

Cat poll (informal):  How many hours a day does yours sleep?  Do you have a feeling that most waking hours (cat's) are your sleeping ones?

9/21/2021 9:30 pm  #35

I lost Cleo last night.  

I think she slipped out the door when I was taking pictures of my bike.

We've turned the house upside down looking for her, beat the bushes last night and today after work, lights, calling her--nothing.  She's nineteen years old and weighs six pounds.  If she meets a squirrel with an attitude, it's gonna go badly for her.  She could probably take on several fruit flies.  

I left my blanket she sits on when we cuddle in front of the tv on the deck overnight, I didn't find her waiting on it for me when I got home.  She's the exact opposite of an outdoor cat.  I bring her out to trim her claws and when she's done, she leaps out of my lap and bolts into the house.  Who knows what tempted her out last night.  Or, she's really still in the house.  Fuck if I know where.  And her venerability has been accompanied by an increasing amount of deafness.  Hollering her name just makes me look foolish.  And meowing.  Foolish.  Doesn't matter, it didn't work anyhow.

Fuck.

Be Just And Fear Not

9/21/2021 10:26 pm  #36

Supervisor felt it was time to stop work for dinner......

Last edited by monster (9/21/2021 10:30 pm)

The most difficult thing is the decision to act, the rest is merely tenacity  Amelia Earhart

9/22/2021 5:58 am  #37

Sorry V.

If you would only recognize that life is hard, things would be so much easier for you. - Louis Brandeis

9/22/2021 11:25 am  #38

What griff said.

9/22/2021 2:35 pm  #39

What they said.

Hope Cleo shows up soon.

9/22/2021 7:57 pm  #40

Oh V, sorry, I didn't see your post   Come back, Cleo!

The most difficult thing is the decision to act, the rest is merely tenacity  Amelia Earhart

9/22/2021 8:01 pm  #41

People are taunting me with kittens I can't play with this week.  My friend fosters for the humane society and the cat she has rehabbed and fostered for 9 months was finally adopted on Monday.... so now she's fostering 4 kittens.... but Humane society rules mean strictly limited visitors and no shared pictures.   And today my sis sent me a pic of a grey floofball she just adopted.... in the UK.... :/

9/22/2021 8:13 pm  #42

Still no Cleo.

I'm pretty certain she left the house and is now dead.  It's a shitty feeling.

Be Just And Fear Not

9/23/2021 6:20 am  #43

BigV wrote:

Still no Cleo.

I'm pretty certain she left the house and is now dead.  It's a shitty feeling.

I'm sorry for your loss. I know the feeling. Over a month ago our 9 yr old cat left and never came back. I was told cats leave to die on their own. We would've liked to be able to bury her.

9/23/2021 8:48 pm  #44

Sorry for your loss V.

I Love my country, I fear the government.

9/25/2021 1:40 pm  #45

Thanks everyone.  

Still no Cleo, I'm sure she's settled in wherever she is.  That sounds petulant and shitty.  I'm just living in denial right now.  Fuckin cat.

Be Just And Fear Not

9/25/2021 8:23 pm  #46

Fuckin' cats, man.

Making ya love 'em like ya kids and shit.

Bastards.

9/26/2021 9:43 am  #47

I know it's obvious, but JIC, have you checked in with nearby animal rescue shelters and posted pictures in the 'hood. [size=150]V[/size]?

9/30/2021 10:05 am  #48

In my head, I'm hearing a cat meow in the voice of Miss Cleo, the 1-900 future-seer.

Ya reckon Jamaican cats meow with that accent?

3/10/2022 6:56 am  #49

Puddytats...

Freedom is just another word for nothin' left to lose.

3/10/2022 12:32 pm  #50

I've got one of those $20k striped tabbies that was born here free.  Name of Axle.
I showed her the pic  and made it clear that I was listing her a an asset and she better watch herself..

Board footera