cellar2007a
The Cellar: a friendly neighborhood coffee shop, with no coffee and no shop. Established 1990.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

10/14/2021 4:49 am  #1

Cherry's Dad

I received this email from Cherry's sister today:
"Sadly my darling Dads passed away earlier this morning.
Dads had been admitted to Stoke Mandeville Hospital just under 2 weeks ago as he couldn’t shake off an infection.  It was then discovered that he had a bleed on the brain due to a fall he had previously had at the care home.  At some point he must have hit his head. 
After a few days they advised us that they were treating him as end of life care.
We were all able to visit Dads at any time as he was in a side ward and so could sit with him.  After the first couple of days he became unresponsive even to touch but it was a comfort to us just to be with him without restrictions unlike so many families during the last year due to COVID.
Despite expecting his passing to be soon we are all stunned how quickly it happened and as a result we weren’t able to be with him when died but we take comfort from the fact that he wasn’t in pain and slipped away quietly (and on his favourite, Cliff Richard’s birthday)
Dads had been so alive until this last infection.  He was happy and well cared for at the home and enjoyed being taken out on the trips and the activities they arranged.  Even though he had his dementia, he was so well, this has come as a shock to us."

I will get a card, sign it on behalf of Cherry's Cellar family and send it to her mum.

Living life on the edge.

10/14/2021 6:18 am  #2

Re: Cherry's Dad

Thank you Limey.
Peace to Cherry's family.

If you would only recognize that life is hard, things would be so much easier for you. - Louis Brandeis

10/14/2021 7:17 am  #3

What Griff said.

I Love my country, I fear the government.

10/14/2021 11:41 am  #4

Thanks, Limey.

10/15/2021 11:26 am  #5

This is done.

Living life on the edge.

10/15/2021 2:10 pm  #6

So very sad. Thanks Limey

10/16/2021 12:52 am  #7

Thanks Limey, we must pay our respects as we too come from a long line of dead people.

Freedom is just another word for nothin' left to lose.

10/16/2021 10:39 am  #8

I've made decisions throughout my adult life, for many and varied reasons, to not contribute to the never-ending line of dead people in the world through the birth of new, living, people.

But otherwise, who knows, the day ain't over yet.

And, like the others have said, Thank You, Limey, for keeping us updated with Sundae's family.

These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA, EPA, FBI, DEA, CDC, or FDIC. These statements are not intended to diagnose, cause, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. If you feel you have been harmed/offended by, or, disagree with any of the above statements or images, please feel free to fuck right off.

10/16/2021 3:50 pm  #9

thanks, Limey

The most difficult thing is the decision to act, the rest is merely tenacity  Amelia Earhart

10/18/2021 6:35 pm  #10

Hello Limey

It's Friday afternoon here, I'm decompressing after a very full week.  

This message comes to my attention when I'm a state of mind... a state.  

Please add my sympathies/condolences/not stupid or slimy dumb remarks/sentiments.... 

This is sad.  I'm sad.

My Dad died when I was young, and it's sad.  

I see I'm rambling and moaning... I'm sorry.  Please use your excellent judgment to convey my condolences.  That sounds horridly cliche, though it's just correct.  Thank you in advance, Limey.

Be Just And Fear Not

10/19/2021 7:23 am  #11

Thank you, Limey.

10/19/2021 12:24 pm  #12

thank you :-(

signature s c h m i g n a t u r e

Board footera