cellar2007a
The Cellar: a friendly neighborhood coffee shop, with no coffee and no shop. Established 1990.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

10/31/2020 3:38 pm  #1

Grab bag of stuff we're doing

Cutting planks out of a cherry log today...

If you would only recognize that life is hard, things would be so much easier for you. - Louis Brandeis

10/31/2020 8:48 pm  #2

Re: Grab bag of stuff we're doing

You're getting your money's worth from that rig.

Freedom is just another word for nothin' left to lose.

11/01/2020 10:44 am  #3

What is that PVC pipe?

11/01/2020 12:20 pm  #4

I cobbed together an oiler for the end of the bar since it's longer and could get hotter than the saw is designed for.

If you would only recognize that life is hard, things would be so much easier for you. - Louis Brandeis

11/01/2020 5:50 pm  #5

smart!

11/01/2020 9:24 pm  #6

Planks
for
the
memories

Hey! That's me up there!

11/03/2020 8:08 am  #7

I saw what you did.

11/07/2020 5:42 pm  #8

Yeah so I only took one picture but I decided to drain the swamp in solidarity today.

11/10/2020 1:32 pm  #9

Picking on that poor swamp. 

1/03/2021 10:43 am  #10

I worked on my kitchen floor this week.

1/03/2021 1:55 pm  #11

Looks good, are those the planks that you cut?

I Love my country, I fear the government.

1/03/2021 4:09 pm  #12

Yeah bud.

1/04/2021 8:56 pm  #13

Noyce.

1/04/2021 9:09 pm  #14

Gonna be hard to leave that behind. 

1/05/2021 7:34 am  #15

Perfect skiing this morning for our anniversary as well, but new adventures! Lil Pete's Philly boi is interested in this place, it may stay in the fam.

1/05/2021 10:05 am  #16

griff wrote:

Perfect skiing this morning for our anniversary as well, but new adventures! Lil Pete's Philly boi is interested in this place, it may stay in the fam.

So you won't have to rip up those planks and take 'em with you after all, maybe!

Living life on the edge.

11/01/2021 6:43 am  #17

I bought a beat up trailer which had been made from a manure spreader a while ago. I finally got around to reboarding it so I can use it to haul firewood.

11/01/2021 1:34 pm  #18

nice!

11/01/2021 3:33 pm  #19

Noice.

I Love my country, I fear the government.

11/01/2021 9:21 pm  #20

trailer, yeah great.

Hey!

I want your roof.  Srsly.  I'm getting roof quotes for a new roof and they tell me that a standing seam metal roof will "just double it" the cost of a composition roof.  I like the look of that roof, I'd get the galvanized finish, or maybe painted silver.  

I do like your trailer, good work putting a floor in.  Where are you getting your firewood from?  The woods, presumably, but then how are you hauling the trailer, one wonders.... anyhow.  good job!

Be Just And Fear Not

11/02/2021 5:57 am  #21

I bought my steel at a local place, CC Allis. It turns out they roll their own roofing now so there's no more trimming to size, cool. https://ccallis.com/departments/3609/roofing

I'm cutting exclusively on my place here. The devastation in the forest is real so I'm cutting mainly ash and maple. I'll be cutting falls from here on out because the ash are going to get unsafe to fell.

11/02/2021 12:11 pm  #22

I suppose that there have always been embers associated with wildfire, but it seems that in the last four or five years of our Northern California disasters they have been culpable in the extreme.
They blew for miles.
In the Santa Rosa fire that burned from the east across the mountains overnight, the 101 freeway was considered a firebreak.
I was four lanes in each direction, with wide margins and center divide.  Embers blew right over it and destroyed a whole section of the  city.  
Metal roofs are common now in new and replacements, despite the cost.
Wood decks are seen as a threat.

11/02/2021 7:08 pm  #23

I do want a metal roof, that's true.  But I'll fight you if you come for my cedar deck.

Be Just And Fear Not

11/05/2021 7:33 pm  #24

griff wrote:

Cutting planks out of a cherry log today...

Hey griff

I know you use your saw a lot... this video , this channel is truly entertaining/funny/instructive/captivating, whatev.  this particular one, and truth be told, the one just preceding it, made me think of you.  He's so, so good, so funny.  anyhow.  Pls enjoy.  I'll put a link to the earlier one here. it's notable because he'd take a long break, several months.  I was delighted to find him posting again.  You'll like this one too. Full disclosure, he's machinist with a minor in comedy.  anywhoo... 

Here's the SECOND VIDEO.  Now that I've re re reviewed the first one, it's worthwhile to watch first first and second second.  The second is funny.  I literally LOLed five times. 

just watch the first one then the second one.  Here's the second one.

crackin up listening to it in the background as I type this post... OK OK, here it is.  jeeeeze.

you're welcome!

Be Just And Fear Not

11/06/2021 7:09 am  #25

Will check out!

Board footera