cellar2007a
The Cellar: a friendly neighborhood coffee shop, with no coffee and no shop. Established 1990.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

11/01/2021 10:00 pm  #1

Which new minor victory

has you dreading the inevitable shitshow follow-through in life's grand scheme of bollocks?

Bajaboi is tough on clothes.  And very particular.  And a difficult size/fit.  I have been working on getting him new ones, slowly.  The jeans he wears were discontinued.  JCP seems to have rebranded their own brand.  Had just about nailed down what was probably the same thing through online searching... A google spy-related "Black Friday" ad (one day only on Monday weeks away from BF) popped up with them at $10 instead of $30.  4 pairs. boom.  Now let's see if they actually are what we need.  And what negative events I will have to endure to pay back that iota of positive in the bank of karma if this does actually turn out to be a win..... ;)

The most difficult thing is the decision to act, the rest is merely tenacity  Amelia Earhart

11/02/2021 10:37 am  #2

Re: Which new minor victory

monster wrote:

has you dreading the inevitable shitshow follow-through in life's grand scheme of bollocks?

Bajaboi is tough on clothes.  And very particular.  And a difficult size/fit.  I have been working on getting him new ones, slowly.  The jeans he wears were discontinued.  JCP seems to have rebranded their own brand.  Had just about nailed down what was probably the same thing through online searching... A google spy-related "Black Friday" ad (one day only on Monday weeks away from BF) popped up with them at $10 instead of $30.  4 pairs. boom.  Now let's see if they actually are what we need.  And what negative events I will have to endure to pay back that iota of positive in the bank of karma if this does actually turn out to be a win..... ;)

Ah! You are dealing with life's ledger.
Unless one is very fortunate the debit side of the ledger is always going to outweigh the credit side.
As Spike Milligan (remember him?) once said 'All of life is 6-4 against'.
I wonder where he got such good odds.

Last edited by Carruthers (11/02/2021 2:36 pm)

11/02/2021 6:04 pm  #3

God has a vicious sense of humor.

These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA, EPA, FBI, DEA, CDC, or FDIC. These statements are not intended to diagnose, cause, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. If you feel you have been harmed/offended by, or, disagree with any of the above statements or images, please feel free to fuck right off.

11/02/2021 6:28 pm  #4

Depeche Mode wrote:

I don't want to start
Any blasphemous rumors
But I think that God's
Got a sick sense of humor
And when I die
I expect to find Him laughing

The most difficult thing is the decision to act, the rest is merely tenacity  Amelia Earhart

11/03/2021 7:46 pm  #5

I am reminded of a scene from a Hanna-Barbera cartoon starring Droopy Dog as the sherriff... (I think... there was a western scene and a high rise scene and a swimming pool.  teh google is inadequate to my inputs) where he calls down from a height into a swimming pool.  The swimming pool turns out to be drained by the Wolf at the last minute who pulls the plug, dastardly villain that he is).  Upon shattering impact, Droopy wryl observes that "It's a good thing the pool was empty, I might have drowned!".

This is another way to look at life's minor victories.  I like it.

Be Just And Fear Not

11/06/2021 7:36 pm  #6

and the kicker was, despite me putting in my information when I ordered and the email said monster had to pick it up with a copy of this email and valid government id......  when I got there I was told the order was assigned to beest because at some point he had used the phone number with them to place an order.  I told them good luck with waiting for him, they let me take it, gave me a number to call to get it fixed..... I called, after a couple hours... they can't fix it.  WTF? The phone number could easily now belong to someone who has nothing whatsoever to do with a person who placed an order at least 5 years ago you can't go assigning it to them!!!!! If nothing else, surely it's a breach of privacy?  They said he can go online to fix it.  I near exploded.  When a got through to a supervisor after more wait, they finally agreed to put in a ticket to IT..... not holding my breath for a satisfactory resolution

I won't be ordering online from them again     Not a big loss to them.  Annoying next time Bajaboi needs jeans but that is NOT OK

11/07/2021 11:31 am  #7

I have had a similar experience with a retailer's inability to change the phone number.  Of course, the phone number's been recycled, goodness knows where that number works now, I guarantee Tink isn't answering it.  It's ridiculous. 

Be Just And Fear Not

11/07/2021 8:36 pm  #8

They can all suck it.

Hey! That's me up there!

11/07/2021 9:10 pm  #9

footfootfoot wrote:

They can all suck it.

....if they could... they'd probably be off earning more money elsewhere.

Bajaboi showed up and the jeans are right. so yay.  Fuck off, JCP.

11/08/2021 11:03 am  #10

Minifobette told me last night that she is struggling with a bully at school. He's targeting friends of hers more than her--or at least he was, until she stood up for one friend in the moment in an aggressive, swear-y kind of way. Now, word is he's trying to find her on social media, asking mutual acquaintances for her username. She and I talked about going through the proper channels at school, which she has already partly done, and I coached her on how she needed to stay calm in talking to the staff and really focus more on the shoving and homophobic slurs, rather than how he "invalidated someone's trauma."

The minor victory is that I very politely reached out to the kid's mom and let her know the situation, making sure she knew that *I* knew that my daughter wasn't blameless in their particular escalation, and she responded exactly how you'd hope she would. I'm hopeful it will all get handled and blow over. The shitshow I'm dreading is that the whole reason I heard about all this was the social media stalking has Minifobette scared, and I absolutely don't need a return of her general school anxiety and the refusal to go to class of years past.

11/08/2021 11:15 am  #11

You missed your calling in politics, maybe delegate to the UN. 

Freedom is just another word for nothin' left to lose.

11/08/2021 7:03 pm  #12

Rest assured my penance came home to roost today. sigh.

Last edited by monster (11/08/2021 7:21 pm)

Board footera