cellar2007a
The Cellar: a friendly neighborhood coffee shop, with no coffee and no shop. Established 1990.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

4/09/2021 8:40 pm  #26

Re: Free Market

articles vs constitution

http://faculty.polytechnic.org/gfeldmeth/chart.art.html

Too tired to cut & paste & reformat.

4/12/2021 8:56 am  #27

Okay, what I'm seeing here is a philosopher preaching, but not offering any data to support his conclusions.

Without laws [i]and a bureaucracy to enforce them - plundering is far worse.  I offer Somalia and Monrovia as evidence.

Weaponized Funk

4/12/2021 12:14 pm  #28

Okay, what I'm seeing here is a philosopher preaching, but not offering any data to support his conclusions.

Only real piece of data I need to offer is that men prefer freedom to slavery.

Care to take the opposing view?

Without laws and a bureaucracy to enforce them - plundering is far worse.  I offer Somalia and Monrovia as evidence.

Apparently you missed -- or didn't understand -- the bits about the constabulary, courts, border patrol, and militia. What I'm suggestin' is minarchy, not anarchy (which, of course, has no constabulary, courts, border patrol, or millitia).

Please, try harder and keep up...yer startin' to bore me.

4/13/2021 9:41 am  #29

henry_quirk wrote:

Only real piece of data I need to offer is that men prefer freedom to slavery.

Which means you aren't offering any data to support your assertion.  Just more preaching.

Please, try harder and keep up...yer startin' to bore me.

Okay.  Bye.

Last edited by Luce (4/13/2021 9:41 am)

Weaponized Funk

4/13/2021 10:57 am  #30

🐑 + 🐁 = you

4/14/2021 2:20 am  #31

henry_quirk wrote:

A Fatal Tendency of Mankind

Self-preservation and self-development are common aspirations among all people. And if everyone enjoyed the unrestricted use of his faculties and the free disposition of the fruits of his labor, social progress would be ceaseless, uninterrupted, and unfailing.

But there is also another tendency that is common among people. When they can, they wish to live and prosper at the expense of others. This is no rash accusation. Nor does it come from a gloomy and uncharitable spirit. The annals of history bear witness to the truth of it: the incessant wars, mass migrations, religious persecutions, universal slavery, dishonesty in commerce, and monopolies. This fatal desire has its origin in the very nature of man — in that primitive, universal, and insuppressible instinct that impels him to satisfy his desires with the least possible pain. 

This is exactly why your plan won't work, letting local officials and transgressors be punished by vigilantes is not a pleasant thought.  The flaw in the system we have is people are lazy and let the government run itself without paying attention, thinking voting for president every four years is doing their part. The government does bad shit because you let them.

Freedom is just another word for nothin' left to lose.

4/14/2021 4:52 am  #32

xoxoxoBruce wrote:

henry_quirk wrote:

A Fatal Tendency of Mankind

*This is exactly why your plan won't work, letting local officials and transgressors be punished by vigilantes is not a pleasant thought.  The flaw in the system we have is people are lazy and let the government run itself without paying attention, thinking voting for president every four years is doing their part. The government does bad shit because you let them.

Hey, Flint!

*This, Flint, is why I get bored: cherry pickin' and kindergarten analysis...over and over and over and...

It's not even good Troll work: just repetitive monkey chitter.

4/14/2021 12:25 pm  #33

"Everyone who disagrees with me is an idiot," is what snot-nosed teenagers think.

signature s c h m i g n a t u r e

4/14/2021 12:30 pm  #34

Flint wrote:

"Everyone who disagrees with me is an idiot," is what snot-nosed teenagers think.

So, we aren't gonna just leave each other be?

edit: oops, sorry, my mistake...thought you were luce...I'll make you same offer I made him: I'll refrain from pissin' on your sacred cows and you keep offa mine, yeah?

Last edited by henry_quirk (4/14/2021 12:32 pm)

4/14/2021 12:33 pm  #35

In each jar of our creamy home-made peanut butter, you'll find a golden ticket to amazing taste sensations.

signature s c h m i g n a t u r e

11/02/2021 10:59 am  #36

A free market generally refers to a situation where there is little by way of government. An example would involve what took place among Native American tribes in what is now the U.S.

In this case, it refers to deregulation, where prices should go down presumably because of competition. However, it can go up because of war and pandemics, both of which may affect supply chains.

Finally, for another example of Communism, consider China, where 20 to 40 million died because of four failed programs. However, after two of them were adjusted during the late 1970s (the catch is that private ownership of the means of production was allowed in export processing zones), they led to over 800 million people lifted out of poverty (and a reduction of poverty from over 60 to 11 pct) and something like an ave. eco. growth rate of around 7 pct for decades.

Similar happened in Cuba, where the economy quadrupled in size in two decades, from around $25 billion in the late 1990s to $100 billion by 2018, or something like an ave. eco. growth rate of 10 pct per annum.

11/03/2021 12:38 am  #37

China is about to implode, when the bubble bursts it may be the pop heard 'round the world.

Freedom is just another word for nothin' left to lose.

11/08/2021 9:20 pm  #38

It'll take more to up what was involved in the 2008 crash: around a trillion dollars in subprime lending out of a global derivatives market that now has a notional value of over a quadrillion dollars.

Board footera