cellar2007a
The Cellar: a friendly neighborhood coffee shop, with no coffee and no shop. Established 1990.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

11/13/2021 8:14 pm  #1

Clean and Tune-up Your Sax Life

When your sax get dirty and leaky take it apart and clean it looking for worn parts to replace.
It shouldn't take long it only has a few parts.

What? 65 pieces! Holy Caramba.

Last edited by xoxoxoBruce (11/13/2021 8:17 pm)

Freedom is just another word for nothin' left to lose.

11/13/2021 9:03 pm  #2

Re: Clean and Tune-up Your Sax Life

Once upon a time... I bought a saxophone from Goodwill.  Came in a case and everything. There didn't seem to be any music coming out of it and the finger worky bits were .. kinda sluggish, not crisp and responsive.  It was cheap, I had more ambition than skill, more time than talent... more money than sense... I brought it home.

I took it apart.

As I alluded in the opening... this was awhile ago.  As far as I know, all those parts are still singular parts.  Apart.  I never got the thing back together, I barely got more than half if it apart.  The picture's interesting, but it's deceiving, there's a lot of clockwork and springs and hinges there, nevermind the #0000 setscrews removable only by destruction... I should have just gotten a Rolex and set to it with my chainsaw.

Don't talk to me about my sax life.

Be Just And Fear Not

11/14/2021 2:17 pm  #3

xoxoxoBruce wrote:

When your sax get dirty...

When your sax gets dirty, warm it up.

What?

I thought urrbody liked hot, dirty sax.

These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA, EPA, FBI, DEA, CDC, or FDIC. These statements are not intended to diagnose, cause, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. If you feel you have been harmed/offended by, or, disagree with any of the above statements or images, please feel free to fuck right off.

11/14/2021 2:19 pm  #4

Played sax in high school, btw.

These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA, EPA, FBI, DEA, CDC, or FDIC. These statements are not intended to diagnose, cause, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. If you feel you have been harmed/offended by, or, disagree with any of the above statements or images, please feel free to fuck right off.

11/14/2021 10:36 pm  #5

BigV wrote:

The picture's interesting, but it's deceiving, there's a lot of clockwork and springs and hinges there, nevermind the #0000 setscrews removable only by destruction... I should have just gotten a Rolex and set to it with my chainsaw. 

Do you mean there's more than 65 parts? 

Freedom is just another word for nothin' left to lose.

11/15/2021 8:27 pm  #6

I didn't count them, not in your image or in my saxophone/project/lesson.  I mean, that picture looks about as complex as a model car or plane I might have assembled as a kid.

whooo boy.. 

Be Just And Fear Not

Board footera