cellar2007a
The Cellar: a friendly neighborhood coffee shop, with no coffee and no shop. Established 1990.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

1/01/2022 5:57 pm  #1

Unexpected Comedy

Freedom is just another word for nothin' left to lose.

10/04/2023 12:06 pm  #2

Re: Unexpected Comedy

Empire Strikes Back has a scene where C3PO gets blow into bits, Chewy finds his pieces in the garbage room, and as they make their escape, Chewy straps the pieces to his back and they run around Cloud City and 3PO complains constantly.  I found the whole scene entertaining.  This is the first time I've seen anything related to the filming of the scene.  Anthony Daniels, who plays the robot, stood on a little wheeled platform while he was strapped to Peter Mayhew in the gorilla suit.  Notice how Daniels is standing on a stack of wooden blocks to be the correct height, and presumable after bumping his heels against the cart as he ran, Mayhew had them cut a big gap out of the cart so he feet have somewhere to move.  It looks uncomfortable for everyone, including some members of the film crew who are all stooped over and bracing themselves against the walls as they take the tight turn.

10/04/2023 1:18 pm  #3

practical effects are the pinnacle of cool cinema

signature s c h m i g n a t u r e

10/04/2023 1:51 pm  #4

It looks like they didn't use that particular footage.  They used a different camera angle at that corner, and they removed the mops.

see 8:42 to 8:48
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Iramh3yVLhk

10/05/2023 1:12 am  #5

4, 5, & 6 are Star Wars. That's it, that's all of them.
Why on earth (or anywhere else) would Chewy want to salvage the whining bastard C3PO?
Did they need him for something important?

10/05/2023 7:10 am  #6

I though 7 was pretty damn good too, but maybe that's only because I had to sit through 1, 2, and 3 and they lowered the bar so much.

2/07/2024 12:04 am  #7

Unexpected? Yeah, back back like the pages in a book via Shorpy...
Reading about it was a little confusing until I got it through my thick head it was a bathing suit, not a bathing beauty contest. Sporting goods and clothing stores entering their own creations with a trophy for best suit and best bunch of suits from a store... a suite of suits?

But the WaPo coverage made me laugh.

Board footera