cellar2007a
The Cellar: a friendly neighborhood coffee shop, with no coffee and no shop. Established 1990.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

1/06/2022 8:08 am  #1

1/6

We're one year out from the coup attempt. Over the course of the year, many GOP politicians have flipped to minimizing the violence. The worst of the pawns are just beginning to be prosecuted. I have no idea how we're going to get through this as a people.
My suggestion to Democrats would be to clean your own house even if it's mostly symbolic. Pelosi defending insider trading has to end. Reach out to the working class.

If you would only recognize that life is hard, things would be so much easier for you. - Louis Brandeis

1/06/2022 8:18 am  #2

Re: 1/6

If you would only recognize that life is hard, things would be so much easier for you. - Louis Brandeis

1/06/2022 11:19 am  #3

griff wrote:

We're one year out from the coup attempt. Over the course of the year, many GOP politicians have flipped to minimizing the violence. The worst of the pawns are just beginning to be prosecuted. I have no idea how we're going to get through this as a people.
My suggestion to Democrats would be to clean your own house even if it's mostly symbolic. Pelosi defending insider trading has to end. Reach out to the working class.

We need to term limit congress, and hold politicians accountable for thier actions and words.

I Love my country, I fear the government.

1/06/2022 1:57 pm  #4

There is still a middle, they just need to coalesce around something even if it's only telling the extremists to shut up and obey the Rule of Law. Splitting the country up into little pieces would seem to give extremists control of the little pieces. Flint would have to move from Greater Idaho back into Oregon, I'm already moving to a place with a middle who knows what that turns into, Clod might have to secede from Texas, and Toad might want out of the People's Metro of Gritty. Do we really want some Eastern European President describing us, rightly, as a  Shit-hole Country?

1/06/2022 3:01 pm  #5

"Reach out to the working class."
I don't see that happening. The year 2021 was that scene in Total Recall where they turned off the oxygen, and the working class could only stand and stare as the fans stopped turning.

The way I see Democratic politicians "reaching out" is by offering modest incentive payments targeted to the broadest coalition of people who are already likely to vote for them.

signature s c h m i g n a t u r e

1/06/2022 3:20 pm  #6

Oh man, I can't believe she said that January 6th and 9/11 were basically the same thing and equally as bad!

"Certain dates echo throughout history, including dates that instantly remind all who have lived through them where they were, and what they were doing, when our democracy came under assault," Harris said. "Dates that occupy not only a place on our calendars, but a place in our collective memory: December 7th, 1941, September 11th, 2001, and January 6th, 2021."

1/06/2022 4:36 pm  #7

this is dumb and stupid
*mentally re-affirming why I haven't been on social media in months*

1/06/2022 7:46 pm  #8

that's the main thread I follow, I just don't know enough to contribute anything. good read tho

I'll try to at least say, "hi"

Last edited by Flint (1/06/2022 7:47 pm)

1/06/2022 8:22 pm  #9

Undertoad wrote:

Oops, Flint just downplayed Kamala's remark

One man's "downplayed" is another man's "quoted".

One man's compared is another man's equated.  Is this really the distance between our positions?  Let me reach out the hand of friendship across this divide to make a connection with you.

Let's give each other some slack about each other's feelings and give each other respect for acknowledging facts, I propose.

Be Just And Fear Not

1/06/2022 8:26 pm  #10

...buuuuuut... back in the land of W. T. F. F.  (go ahead, note my sources with your feelings-drenched comments, let's let the *facts* of the interviewees' responses stand for themselves.  To which I respond, what in the actual f*ck??!!

Be Just And Fear Not

1/06/2022 8:27 pm  #11

Undertoad wrote:

Oops, Kamala Harris just equated January 6th to Pearl Harbor and 9/11

Because it was.  We are still learning more of what a lying president wanted to do to subvert the Constitution.  Which included discussions of claiming marshal law and confiscating ballots in six states including Pennsylvania.  Yes, they even discussed that option.

Deutsche Welle was powerfully blunt, yesterday, about how great that threat was to American democracy.  6 January was only an obvious symptom of great danger - that made Nixon look minimal by comparison.  And yes, some major people in the liar's administration were discussing plans to protect American democracy because they saw Trump's mindset.  Saw what he was considering.

Not much different from how Hitler became a dictator.

1/06/2022 8:28 pm  #12

Flint wrote:

Oh man, I can't believe she said that January 6th and 9/11 were basically the same thing and equally as bad!

I expect you to be that naive.

1/06/2022 8:31 pm  #13

tw wrote:

Flint wrote:

I expect you to be that naive.

Please re read this section focusing on comprehension.  Then, afterward, post your response.

Be Just And Fear Not

1/06/2022 10:47 pm  #14

In a world where they constantly try to divide us into two groups of people, with every position being completely binary, it's refreshing, in a way, that tw isn't able to remember which one of the two groups I'm supposed to be in. For these few precious moments I am freed from the pressure of society's constraints.

1/06/2022 11:32 pm  #15

yeah, he's the bad age! we're the good age

1/07/2022 1:50 pm  #16

do you remember, that day in november...

https://www.newsweek.com/myth-january-6-opinion-1666417

1/07/2022 3:19 pm  #17

No matter how radically, revolutionarily far Left someone is, using the word "Communist" is just bad branding. The American public couldn't even parse the phrase "defund the police"

1/07/2022 4:38 pm  #18

henry_quirk wrote:

do you remember, that day in november...

https://www.newsweek.com/myth-january-6-opinion-1666417

It must suck when sentenced to prison because of participation in a 'myth.'

The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.

Do not meddle in the affairs of wizards, for they are subtle and quick to anger.

1/07/2022 5:03 pm  #19

meh, they'll Rosenberg some sweet deal come '24

1/07/2022 5:06 pm  #20

using the word "Communist" is just bad branding

even if that brandin' is true?

1/07/2022 6:34 pm  #21

henry_quirk wrote:

using the word "Communist" is just bad branding

even if that brandin' is true?

Yes, especially then. If they really want to succeed at, whatever, they need a different word for it.

Last edited by Flint (1/07/2022 6:35 pm)

1/07/2022 7:31 pm  #22

Flint wrote:

I...  it's refreshing, in a way, that tw isn't able to remember which one of the two groups I'm supposed to be in.

No matter how many times reality is posted, Flint will ignore it.  What are those two groups?  Extreme left and right 'adults are little different.  Both remain a problem doing harm to this nation.'.  Patriots are moderates who first learn facts long before making a conclusion.  A fundamental difference exists between those who make informed decisions and others who make emotionally inspired accusations.

What was a greatest threat to America?  7 Dec and 11 Sept were bad but easily recoverable event.  6 January was a far more serious threat.  Part of a massive threat to destroy the institutions that easily solved and averted future 7 Decembers and 11 Septembers.

Little difference exists between left and right extremists.  Major differences exist between easily brainwashed extremists and the educated moderates.

Why do extremists not get it?  Learning facts, when one has a 30 second attention span, means above two paragraphs are too long and too complex (more than 140 characters).

January 6 is a political myth

Only when one believed Constitutional processes necessary for a functional governement are secondaary.  A hole in a Senate or 7 December did not and could not destroy Democracy.

Last edited by tw (1/07/2022 7:36 pm)

3/26/2022 8:19 pm  #23

I'm having trouble equating Dec7th and 9/11.

Freedom is just another word for nothin' left to lose.

3/27/2022 2:04 pm  #24

You're using too many brain cells.  Remember, The TW only has two, and they don't speak to each other.

Or anyone else, for that matter.

Last edited by TheNeverWas (3/27/2022 2:04 pm)

These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA, EPA, FBI, DEA, CDC, or FDIC. These statements are not intended to diagnose, cause, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. If you feel you have been harmed/offended by, or, disagree with any of the above statements or images, please feel free to fuck right off.

3/28/2022 8:18 am  #25

An extremist must prove his manliness by insulting others.  Hate, slander,  and violence (ie The Big Lie) are somehow proof when one is not a patriot - not a moderate.  The psychology of an adult who still thinks like a child.

Last edited by tw (3/28/2022 8:23 am)

Board footera