cellar2007a
The Cellar: a friendly neighborhood coffee shop, with no coffee and no shop. Established 1990.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

11/14/2021 3:28 pm  #151

Re: Things that are improving your mood today

We have two new nests this year both under the roof over the deck, one in the lattice, one between the gussets of the trusses.  Sparrows or black capped chickadees I think in the gussets and the lattice one is a robin.  I'm certain because we found the remains of an egg on the deck under the robin nest.  Sad.  Well, sad // dinner, depending...

Be Just And Fear Not

11/15/2021 12:28 pm  #152

Another one yesterday: 
Right above a place that I walk under dozens of times every day.  30 feet up on a Poplar branch intersection.
ID's are hard from the bottom.

1/13/2022 8:28 pm  #153

I've been finishing the addition I started 15 years ago which means installing lights and completing the wiring. When I started I bought a few boxes of recessed lights that came in a pack of 6 called 'contractor packs'. They had the cans and the trim pieces. I went to buy some more and learned that they don't really sell them like that any longer; the trim pieces are sold separately and result in a much higher price than when you could buy them all together. They were a Lowes and House Depot staple. Not so much any more. I think LEDs have changed things.
I bought the lights and had to order two boxes of six trim pieces to be delivered. When they arrived one of the boxes had been opened and sloppily taped shut. I opened the box and saw that one trim piece was missing.

After a long back and forth with HD customer surface it turns out they won't send me one to replace the missing piece and want me to buy a whole new box. I said no thanks I want to return them. Turns out they can't be returned so they just refunded me for both boxes.

I can get a single trim piece from amazon for $5.

Last edited by footfootfoot (1/13/2022 8:30 pm)

Hey! That's me up there!

1/14/2022 6:56 am  #154

Nice

If you would only recognize that life is hard, things would be so much easier for you. - Louis Brandeis

2/10/2022 4:14 pm  #155

Monster got that job.

Living life on the edge.

2/10/2022 4:37 pm  #156

Limey wrote:

Monster got that job.

YAY!!! me also.

I Love my country, I fear the government.

2/10/2022 6:19 pm  #157

Monster got the job!

If you would only recognize that life is hard, things would be so much easier for you. - Louis Brandeis

2/10/2022 7:01 pm  #158

same, it's good to hear good news

signature s c h m i g n a t u r e

2/10/2022 7:03 pm  #159

fargon wrote:

Limey wrote:

Monster got that job.

YAY!!! me also.

You got a job?!

...the hell?

Last edited by TheNeverWas (2/10/2022 7:04 pm)

These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA, EPA, FBI, DEA, CDC, or FDIC. These statements are not intended to diagnose, cause, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. If you feel you have been harmed/offended by, or, disagree with any of the above statements or images, please feel free to fuck right off.

2/10/2022 8:23 pm  #160

No I'm happy too.

2/10/2022 9:46 pm  #161

aw, you lot.... :D  Now I'm home from work (yes I was posting on my phone from the other workplace but trying to work faster in between to make up)  I GOT A JOB, I GOT a JOB, I GOT A JOB ....oh yes, sorry, it's kind of sinking in 

The most difficult thing is the decision to act, the rest is merely tenacity  Amelia Earhart

2/10/2022 11:13 pm  #162

times 1,000,000

I'm very, very happy for you my friend.

Be Just And Fear Not

2/21/2022 4:43 pm  #163

I forgot it was a holiday and I'm at the office catching up on things where I run reports and methodically check on why things are a way and then fix the problem and update my spreadsheet. Today I'm even completing all the items on a spreadsheet of a problem I just realized I may have been causing during my normal process, and fixing all of those items if I find them. I love selecting a row in Excel and applying Cell Styles 'Good'

signature s c h m i g n a t u r e

2/22/2022 9:52 pm  #164

Fucking Finally all the checks are completed and i start 9am Monday 

The most difficult thing is the decision to act, the rest is merely tenacity  Amelia Earhart

2/23/2022 6:50 am  #165

Huzzah!!!

2/23/2022 9:11 am  #166

YAY!!!

2/25/2022 4:05 am  #167

(works for me)

Living life on the edge.

2/25/2022 9:27 am  #168

I see the url but not the emoji.

2/25/2022 2:53 pm  #169

I see the emoji, but not the url.

Kook.  E.

These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA, EPA, FBI, DEA, CDC, or FDIC. These statements are not intended to diagnose, cause, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. If you feel you have been harmed/offended by, or, disagree with any of the above statements or images, please feel free to fuck right off.

2/25/2022 2:54 pm  #170

monster wrote:

Fucking Finally all the checks are completed and i start 9am Monday 

Congrats on the new jay oh bee.

2/25/2022 5:48 pm  #171

Undertoad wrote:

somebody put googly eyes on a keurig and it's perfect

This pic alone is worth the $30.  (Easy for me to say, when it cost me nothing,)

2/25/2022 6:31 pm  #172

I may have left a few googly eyes at my old job.......now have my Uof M id!  and am fully in hate with dual factor identification or whatever the fuck it's called.  and the 15 character passphrase ugh

3/13/2022 4:53 pm  #173

I fixed my external computer speakers.  I always really liked them.  Impressive sound quality.  Harmon Kardon HK195 speakers.  Some radio hobbyist took a pair apart and modded them and posted about it, so you can see what they look like here.

The on/off/volume knob was all crackly and full of static, and I had taken the things apart and blasted the pot with electronics cleaner, but it made matters worse.  I lost all sound from the right speaker, (although the right channel worked with headphones, just cutting in and out all the time.)

I figured I needed a new potentiometer to replace the one I had tried cleaning, and I was about 30% confident I was right.  I had a very hard time finding a replacement part.  I found the exact part here in the U.S. for more than a nice new pair of speakers would cost, but finally found a knob on aliexpress for like $1.50.  I just wasn't sure it was an exact match, because it was a different manufacturer, and the language barrier left me with some doubts.  Still it looked the same, and had the right number of pins and the same resistance specifications. 

So about 3 months later, this package arrived in the mail.  And when I looked at my soldering iron situation, I had poor tools to work with.  The tips of the two I own were both broken, and they were pretty underpowered.  Only 25 watts.  So I swung by Home Depot yesterday and got a nicer iron with variable temperature control and a base.

And today I took the speakers down into my shop, pulled them apart, and I de-soldered the old pot, and soldered in the new one.  This pot had 8 pins, and required some patience to get the old on off and even more patience to get the new on one.  I'm a novice with a soldering iron.

Anyway, I re-assembled everything, and it sounds out of this world.  I forgot how good these speakers are, it's been so long since they worked correcty.

So I wound up spending about as much as I would have on new crappy new speakers by buying the new soldering iron, but these sound better than anything I could have found in stores.

I'm pleased with myself.

3/13/2022 8:16 pm  #174

Cool.

3/13/2022 11:47 pm  #175

"I'm pleased with myself."
That's worth a million bucks, plus bragging rights.
Well done Sir, oh and new tools too.

Freedom is just another word for nothin' left to lose.

Board footera