cellar2007a
The Cellar: a friendly neighborhood coffee shop, with no coffee and no shop. Established 1990.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

1/15/2022 12:33 pm  #176

Re: What is harshing your mellow today?

perhaps because it's wiggly nature with the back and forth hairpins looks like motion on a trampoline?  I'd never even heard of it

The most difficult thing is the decision to act, the rest is merely tenacity  Amelia Earhart

1/15/2022 1:08 pm  #177

An interesting few minutes trying to answer your question.
I'm going with bumpy.
There are other nasty descriptions, which make me think it may be just advertising. 
I should have looked up wtf they drive on the left side in Colombia, but didn't; never British was it?
First Gear was from a later show when it wasn't as much fun.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WXLxszv9eCM

https://trans-americas.com/trampoline-of-death-road-colombia/

1/20/2022 12:10 pm  #178

Of course, of course the week the kids have to quarantine and go back to remote learning, that's the week the internet suddenly goes out and all four of us have to run simultaneous zooms off a mobile hotspot. My phone is 150 degrees.

1/20/2022 1:16 pm  #179

Clodfobble wrote:

Of course, of course the week the kids have to quarantine and go back to remote learning, that's the week the internet suddenly goes out and all four of us have to run simultaneous zooms off a mobile hotspot. My phone is 150 degrees.

Instead of letting your hot phone harsh you mellow, maybe use it to toast a marshmallow? 

The most difficult thing is the decision to act, the rest is merely tenacity  Amelia Earhart

1/20/2022 1:30 pm  #180

monster wrote:

Instead of letting your hot phone harsh you mellow, maybe use it to toast a marshmallow? 

Cold-hearted, from the day I Bogarted
the game, my soul started to rot, fellow.
When I'm not even in my harshest
you can still get roasted, ‘cause Marsh* is not mellow.

*Marshall Mathers (Eminem)

Last edited by Flint (1/20/2022 1:31 pm)

signature s c h m i g n a t u r e

2/15/2022 7:51 pm  #181

my next door neighbor just got taken away in an ambulance and she didn't look good.  But they were there for a while and didn't use any lights or sirens on arrival or departure and her face wasn't covered so maybe it'll be ok.  I wouldn't wish a ride in an ambulance on anyone* right now, and it's certainly not a good time to be hospitalized

* ;)

2/15/2022 8:19 pm  #182

This probably deserves its own thread but I'll just state here that CrazyPants® is losing whatever bit of the plot she'd been able to follow. That she hasn't been committed is a testament to her skill at being a narcissist with BPD.
Not sure how much I can say w/o giving away the identity of the various parties. The situation is pretty specific.

Maybe I'll just change some of the details or something. Too bad there isn't a way to post something that lurkers can't see. 

2/15/2022 8:33 pm  #183

That sucks.  

A co-worker emailed yesterday that she would be taking a few days off.  Her son's pregnant wife had a complication and wound up going into labor 2 months early.  There was an emergency C-section, and the baby made it, but not the mom.  So now this son is coming home on Thursday with his preemie baby and no wife.   I just can't imagine.

A reminder to appreciate your blessings.

2/16/2022 7:04 am  #184

Neighbor had a house fire during Superb Owl. We didn't hear a thing until it was fully involved and the volunteers were on the scene. We did hear what sounded like his ammo cooking off at one point. That's a rough deal for anyone but at least they have a lot of family in the area. Once again, blessings: count them if you got them

If you would only recognize that life is hard, things would be so much easier for you. - Louis Brandeis

2/16/2022 9:36 am  #185

glatt wrote:

That sucks.  

A co-worker emailed yesterday that she would be taking a few days off.  Her son's pregnant wife had a complication and wound up going into labor 2 months early.  There was an emergency C-section, and the baby made it, but not the mom.  So now this son is coming home on Thursday with his preemie baby and no wife.   I just can't imagine.

A reminder to appreciate your blessings.

Oh fuck. That is so tragic.

Hey! That's me up there!

2/16/2022 9:38 am  #186

griff wrote:

Neighbor had a house fire during Superb Owl. We didn't hear a thing until it was fully involved and the volunteers were on the scene. We did hear what sounded like his ammo cooking off at one point. That's a rough deal for anyone but at least they have a lot of family in the area. Once again, blessings: count them if you got them

Jeez. Ammo cooking off. I can't imagine being a fireman and going into a house with ammo going off everywhere.

Hey! That's me up there!

2/16/2022 12:43 pm  #187

Wow, glatt & Griff. That's horrifying. Hoping for the best (possible) outcome for everyone.

2/19/2022 10:27 pm  #188

footfootfoot wrote:

Jeez. Ammo cooking off. I can't imagine being a fireman and going into a house with ammo going off everywhere.

If they have half a brain they won't, and if they're inside when it starts get the hell out.

Freedom is just another word for nothin' left to lose.

2/21/2022 7:30 pm  #189

xoxoxoBruce wrote:

footfootfoot wrote:

If they have half a brain they won't, and if they're inside when it starts get the hell out. they'll have half a brain when they leave.

Living life on the edge.

2/22/2022 7:09 am  #190

I would certainly bail out. I wonder about the projectiles though? Unchambered, the pressures wouldn't be directed. It would be really unpredictable I guess.

If you would only recognize that life is hard, things would be so much easier for you. - Louis Brandeis

2/22/2022 12:18 pm  #191

griff wrote:

I would certainly bail out. I wonder about the projectiles though? Unchambered, the pressures wouldn't be directed. It would be really unpredictable I guess.

I have always thought that the casing weighed less than the bullet so it would actually be the faster projectile as they separated. 
Assuming, of course, the thing didn't just blow up; does that happen?

2/23/2022 10:07 am  #192

Diaphone Jim wrote:

griff wrote:

I have always thought that the casing weighed less than the bullet so it would actually be the faster projectile as they separated. 
Assuming, of course, the thing didn't just blow up; does that happen?

D. Probably all of the above.

2/26/2022 1:40 pm  #193

Ugh.

I'm losing my mind right now because (as usual) I've committed myself to doing too much, and my cognitive capacity can no longer keep up with my OCD--I want to keep all my tasks current in my mind, but I can't, so instead I just mildly panic every time I remember something that slipped my mind for a day or two: it's not late yet, but if I'm capable of forgetting it for a day or two, then who's to say I won't forget it again when the deadline is near? It's stupid; I have numerous to-do lists, I haven't dropped any balls and won't in all likelihood. I just need to accept that I'm a person who relies entirely on lists now, and learn to trust that they'll see me through. (Typing this out is yet another attempt at convincing myself.) Deep breaths.

2/26/2022 5:09 pm  #194

I've finally embraced the wisdom of lists, putting things down on the calendar, and putting my car keys back in the same place every time. The challenge remains: remembering to put things on the list or calendar and then remembering to check it.

Hey! That's me up there!

3/17/2022 6:07 am  #195

I found my fender caved in on my work car yesterday. No note because that's how people roll now. It's still drive-able but the estimate won't be done for almost a month. The crunch is suspiciously high almost like the vehicle was jacked up too high to even see cars around it.

3/17/2022 4:33 pm  #196

griff wrote:

...the estimate won't be done for almost a month....

Ya can't get an estimate for a month??!!

Sucks that yer car got smushed.

These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA, EPA, FBI, DEA, CDC, or FDIC. These statements are not intended to diagnose, cause, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. If you feel you have been harmed/offended by, or, disagree with any of the above statements or images, please feel free to fuck right off.

3/30/2022 12:37 am  #197

A normal white blood cell count is like 4800 - 11,000, or something like that.

Had some blood work done this morning.

60,800.  My wbc was 60,800.

The hits just keep coming, man.  This shit is getting SO old.

Idk...This might be bad.

Mellow most defintely harshed.  Eleven hours in dr's and hospital today, more tomorrow.

Last edited by TheNeverWas (3/30/2022 12:39 am)

These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA, EPA, FBI, DEA, CDC, or FDIC. These statements are not intended to diagnose, cause, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. If you feel you have been harmed/offended by, or, disagree with any of the above statements or images, please feel free to fuck right off.

3/30/2022 5:58 am  #198

oh fuck

4/20/2022 8:32 pm  #199

My mellow is harshed at the mo'. 

And so is the small of my back.

Had a bone marrow biopsy this morning.  In the hip.  If you ever get the chance to have one, don't.  Not as much fun as it sounds like.

I had a pelvic CTscan a couple years ago, took all of 30-45 seconds.  $7800 and change.  I wonder what 35 MINUTES in the CT room is gonna cost.  I lost count of trips in and out of the scanner.

And while it's not pain, per se, the discomfort level is continuing to climb.  Rfn, I'm at extreme discomfort.

I'm a wuss when it comes to pain.  I just don't tolerate pain well.

Thank God for Versed and Fentanyl.  Intravenous goodness.

4/21/2022 2:31 pm  #200

I'm so sorry youre going through this.  My mellow would be seriously harshed.  

Board footera