cellar2007a
The Cellar: a friendly neighborhood coffee shop, with no coffee and no shop. Established 1990.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

6/16/2021 11:46 am  #26

Re: Heavy Equipment

I think maybe 4 w independent suspension turned out to be the better solution.
That's a heck of a swivel, though.

6/16/2021 3:16 pm  #27

With 4 wheel independant you still have to go to the aftermarket to get enough wheel travel to keep the tires on the ground for that kind of terrain. These wannabe mountain goats are extremists... vehicle abuse to the max. 

Freedom is just another word for nothin' left to lose.

6/17/2021 11:59 pm  #28

I guess this qualifies as brute force...

7/09/2021 11:47 pm  #29

This was a toss up between Heavy Equipment and Boats...

7/10/2021 12:52 am  #30

With an outboard motor?

I'm dubious.

And the pontoons don't look big enough.

Having said that, I have no ideer how big they should look.

These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA, EPA, FBI, DEA, CDC, or FDIC. These statements are not intended to diagnose, cause, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. If you feel you have been harmed/offended by, or, disagree with any of the above statements or images, please feel free to fuck right off.

7/10/2021 11:06 am  #31

As Crocodile Dundee would say: "Now that's an outboard!"

7/10/2021 11:45 am  #32

I looked for a little bit and couldn't find another outboarded tank...

These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA, EPA, FBI, DEA, CDC, or FDIC. These statements are not intended to diagnose, cause, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. If you feel you have been harmed/offended by, or, disagree with any of the above statements or images, please feel free to fuck right off.

9/04/2021 1:03 am  #33

I guess this would qualify as heavy equipment. 
A Canadian candy/cookie company hired a trucking company to build this rig and operate it.
I can't imagine driving that thing, no way he could see traffic lights that weren't a block away.
With no mirrors you better be surrounded by Teslas. But it's got whitewalls and cool rims.

Last edited by xoxoxoBruce (9/04/2021 1:03 am)

9/04/2021 7:43 am  #34

Definitely in need of cameras

If you would only recognize that life is hard, things would be so much easier for you. - Louis Brandeis

9/27/2021 7:47 pm  #35

I don't think cameras were common in the prewar years.

Oh wait, I didn't mention that Ford was new. My bad. 

12/28/2021 5:18 pm  #36

Towing brings all kinds of odd things to the party.

1/12/2022 2:49 am  #37

Light heavy equipment, tractor completely restored...

1/12/2022 1:22 pm  #38

That is a beauty, but I don't believe I've seen a tractor that seats three before.

1/14/2022 9:40 pm  #39

Three skinny people maybe but it's not all the big, that said the TL is 6 inches wider than the standard model. Ferruccio was an excellent engineer, he knew what the European farmers needed for power and their space constraints. This thing got me thinking about an air-cooled diesel. Considering the high compression and high heat that's inherent to diesel I would think air cooling would be difficult.

1/15/2022 8:28 pm  #40

A Lamborghini tractor!

Before this week, I would have thought that was the punchline to some joke, but no more.  In fact, this isn't even the first Lambo tractor to seize my attention this week.  It's the second one, the first one was ... bigger, by a lot.  It's owned by Jeremy Clarkson.  Yeah, that Jeremy Clarkson.

There's a program streaming on Amazon Prime right now called Clarkson's Farm.  Just exactly what it says in the title, it's the story of his 1000 acre farm in the Cotswolds.  A big farm need a big tractor.  Those ingredients in the presence of the catalyst, Clarkson, inevitably results in a product like a Lamborghini tractor.

HIGHLY RECOMMENDED!

The show, can't speak for the tractor, but I'll say it does have as many gears forward as xoB's pretty little thang has horsepower.  And the same in reverse.  Definitely worth the watch as he's as comedy-genic as he is schadenfreude-genic.  Watch and enjoy, we definitely are.

Be Just And Fear Not

1/16/2022 10:59 am  #41

I'll have to check that out he is one funny dude.

If you would only recognize that life is hard, things would be so much easier for you. - Louis Brandeis

1/16/2022 11:43 am  #42

Caleb doesn't mince his words.

1/17/2022 1:13 am  #43

Thank you Sir.
When that clay soil turns to grease even cat tracks are dicey. 

3/26/2022 9:11 pm  #44

It's a Deere...

5/09/2022 2:31 am  #45

Heavy? Yup.  Equipment? Yup.

We don't have to be heathens, closed cab with wipers, radio, and heat, maybe even A/C sounds good.

5/09/2022 5:48 am  #46

I think a big steamer like that burned up in a barn fire down the road when I was a kid. It prolly wasn't so shiney.

5/10/2022 12:47 am  #47

There were a number of brands that look similar as it was dictated by function and technology.

I've seen a couple barn fires and they are terrifying even from a distance. I was thinking about them yesterday as I read about the people around the Derby winner. Four years ago the owner lost 23 horses in a barn fire. Makes me shiver.

5/10/2022 5:45 am  #48

Barn fires are a nightmare.

5/10/2022 12:13 pm  #49

In the Black Stallion 2 there is a scary barn fire.
I only bring this up because I have a clip of the audio only where a Gamewell Type  B Diaphone fire horn is blowing loudly in the distance,
We have two of those horns, retired from a local FD.  They must have been on my mind the day I joined the Cellar. 

https://gamewelldiaphone.com/sounds/file_info/download.php?file=Black_Stallion.wma

3/27/2023 5:47 am  #50

Thanks for the explanation.
We had another barn fire locally. It was full of antique tractors they had restored. I'm glad there were no animals but this one had to hurt.

Board footera