cellar2007a
The Cellar: a friendly neighborhood coffee shop, with no coffee and no shop. Established 1990.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

10/31/2020 4:34 am  #1

Stock Market / Economy

My financial guy sent this chart saying go vote but don't worry about the market because it's above all this.

This came with it also. But that begs the question, just what are market forces? 

Sounds to me like market forces are big chunks of money, whether it be a Warren Buffet Billionaire, a private equity fund, pension fund, or insurance company, they are the players.  They're competing to make better moves and more profit than the other players.  It's their game and anyone else can in effect only bet on the players.

Freedom is just another word for nothin' left to lose.

10/31/2020 8:43 am  #2

Re: Stock Market / Economy

The market appears to have noticed the virus this week. I wonder about people's logic sometimes.

If you would only recognize that life is hard, things would be so much easier for you. - Louis Brandeis

10/31/2020 9:51 pm  #3

No idea if it's true but I read Apple's value dropped some ridiculous amount like $100 million dollars because of a delay in the next iPhone. It doesn't seem possible but I guess if those market forces are small in number but very powerful, anything is possible.

11/01/2020 8:26 am  #4

I can believe that, and in the last 7 days 500,000 new cases so it's not likely to recover soon. Might be better off pulling that money out and spending it on whisky and wild wild women. 

11/01/2020 9:18 pm  #5

Big Sarge wrote:

My investment account has been losing about 1% per day lately. My advisor says it is due to COVID concerns. 

No informed investor looks at such short term numbers.   For example, George Jr watched his tax cuts, war costs, and other factors reduce the market by about 15.6%.  Of course.  Cheney said "Reagan proved that deficits don't matter."  Rather amazing back then how many, viewing short term results, did not see a bigger picture.

It took Obama five years just to undo George Jr's damage.  When done, Obama's stock market was up 66%.  We also know what Obama did resulted in market increases even four years later.  Because that is how an economy really works.  So what did Trump do?  He did so much harm to growth that his stock market only increased 44%.

Why would anyone claim Trump was good for this economy?  Numbers say he has been subverting it.  The Fed even called an emergency meeting.  And then lowered interest rates by two point.  Fed almost never does that.  But Trump has done so much damage to this economy that quickly.  It's not Covid.  It's a corrupt business school graduate who never ran a single successful company.  Defaulted on loans from all major American banks.  His total net worth is estimated at about negative $300K.  And he routinely stiff all contractors.

So that makes him a good man?  Where is this stock market growth.  

Under Obama, the US had the longest bull market in the history of American.  But that is unknown to extremists educated only by Fox News and other liars.  Trump terminated that bull market.  We still must suffer through a recession created by his tax cut for the rich.  History says that is coming.

11/02/2020 4:00 am  #6

So what are "market forces"?

11/02/2020 11:44 am  #7

xoxoxoBruce wrote:

So what are "market forces"?

Apparently the stock market is suffering a massive Covid infestation.  Too many quarterly reports did not properly mask their numbers.

11/02/2020 6:44 pm  #8

Ford and VW reported around $6 Billion for the third quarter, are they market forces?

11/02/2020 7:54 pm  #9

xoxoxoBruce wrote:

Ford and VW reported around $6 Billion for the third quarter, are they market forces?

We know that profits are created by things done four and more years ago.  So what forced this market?

Maybe massive sales of AK-47s are a future market force.  Hearsay suggests that so many gun stores are sold out due to current events.  Is that a market force?

Board footera