cellar2007a
The Cellar: a friendly neighborhood coffee shop, with no coffee and no shop. Established 1990.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

1/16/2022 10:54 am  #1

Mr Andrew Mountbatten-Windsor

Prince Andrew, Duke of York has had his epaulettes ripped off, so to speak.
All his honorary military titles have been withdrawn and he is no longer the patron of a large number of charities.
In effect he is now a private citizen.

I have no intention of starting a discussion about the imbroglio surrounding him, but I do believe that the nation deserves an answer to one very important question.

Will he now be called the Andrew formerly known as Prince?

I think we should be told.

1/16/2022 11:03 am  #2

Re: Mr Andrew Mountbatten-Windsor

There is apparently a list of pedophiles that Ghislane had. I expect we'll know a number of them by name. Justice for all? We'll see.

If you would only recognize that life is hard, things would be so much easier for you. - Louis Brandeis

1/16/2022 3:45 pm  #3

griff wrote:

There is apparently a list of pedophiles that Ghislane had. I expect we'll know a number of them by name. Justice for all? We'll see.

well I wouldn't be surprised if there were some Justices on there....   

The most difficult thing is the decision to act, the rest is merely tenacity  Amelia Earhart

1/17/2022 1:50 am  #4

Carruthers wrote:

I have no intention of starting a discussion about the imbroglio surrounding him, but I do believe that the nation deserves an answer to one very important question.

Will he now be called the Andrew formerly known as Prince?

I think we should be told. 

He will now be...
formerly know as Andrew.
No no, no rewards, glad to help.

Freedom is just another word for nothin' left to lose.

1/17/2022 12:27 pm  #5

There seems to be a trend. at least in US and GB, toward consequences upon accusation instead of conviction.

1/17/2022 8:30 pm  #6

Diaphone Jim wrote:

There seems to be a trend. at least in US and GB, toward consequences upon accusation instead of conviction.

These days, it's a condition of most employment not to do anything that might reflect badly on your employer.  Putting yourself in a position where you could be credibly accused of something very bad, does just that, so the consequences are generally for that.  IMO.

The most difficult thing is the decision to act, the rest is merely tenacity  Amelia Earhart

1/17/2022 10:24 pm  #7

If you get caught smoking pot in the wrong state try to plea bargain it down to attempting to overthrow the government.

1/18/2022 7:29 am  #8

As long as you're hugging and kissing the police you should be fine.

If you would only recognize that life is hard, things would be so much easier for you. - Louis Brandeis

1/18/2022 7:06 pm  #9

Hugging and kissing the police could get you maced/tear gassed/choked..

1/19/2022 7:35 am  #10

Good on her for stepping in, hopefully we see more of this. A young lady I know who just finished her doctorate in something unrelated has surprised us by going into law enforcement, the fewer meat heads the better.

1/19/2022 8:44 pm  #11

griff wrote:

Binders full of them.

Hey! That's me up there!

1/19/2022 11:12 pm  #12

footfootfoot wrote:

griff wrote:

Binders full of them.

you teh funneh

Board footera