cellar2007a
The Cellar: a friendly neighborhood coffee shop, with no coffee and no shop. Established 1990.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

1/22/2022 10:58 pm  #1

Eruption

Badda Boom... Big Badda Boom. This is the best picture I've seen...

Freedom is just another word for nothin' left to lose.

1/23/2022 5:28 am  #2

Re: Eruption

I watched a programme about the Yellowstone Volcano on the Smithsonian channel last evening.
The predicted effects, should the worst happen, were hair raising to say the least.
Food and water shortages almost immediately, land covered in volcanic ash and unable to support crops for years, sun obliterated, particles breathed in that were essentially miniature shards of glass causing respiratory failure and so it went on. All this on a global scale, not just the USA.

1/26/2022 10:33 pm  #3

Yes, I've read several takes on what would happen and they're all scary. It seems all these people agree if Yellowstone blows it won't be a fart and we can breathe a sigh of relief. If it blows it will be catastrophic. They've been measuring the size of the magma(liquid rock) chambers under Yellowstone and they are huge. More like a super soaker than a squirt gun.

Freedom is just another word for nothin' left to lose.

1/27/2022 9:41 am  #4

The steady upswelling of the terrain around Yellowstone is concerning, to say the least.

These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA, EPA, FBI, DEA, CDC, or FDIC. These statements are not intended to diagnose, cause, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. If you feel you have been harmed/offended by, or, disagree with any of the above statements or images, please feel free to fuck right off.

1/27/2022 10:35 am  #5

And when it does go bang, where do I go to register a noise complaint?

1/27/2022 4:37 pm  #6

It's sort of surprising to me that we can't relieve the pressure somehow. We've got big drills.

1/27/2022 6:28 pm  #7

Carruthers wrote:

And when it does go bang, where do I go to register a noise complaint?

Apologizing in advance,

If you would only recognize that life is hard, things would be so much easier for you. - Louis Brandeis

1/27/2022 11:48 pm  #8

Clodfobble wrote:

It's sort of surprising to me that we can't relieve the pressure somehow. We've got big drills.

It may be like relieving the pressure in a balloon with a pin.

1/28/2022 7:42 am  #9

Somebody must be modeling options but you'd probably hate to be the person who blew the side off the planet.

If you would only recognize that life is hard, things would be so much easier for you. - Louis Brandeis

1/28/2022 1:49 pm  #10

Clodfobble wrote:

I think they call that playing with fire.

1/28/2022 2:31 pm  #11

griff wrote:

...but you'd probably hate to be the person who blew the side off the planet.

Man, I hate it when that happens.

These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA, EPA, FBI, DEA, CDC, or FDIC. These statements are not intended to diagnose, cause, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. If you feel you have been harmed/offended by, or, disagree with any of the above statements or images, please feel free to fuck right off.

1/29/2022 3:48 pm  #12

If you are going to blow a side off the planet, best to be on the other.

Board footera