cellar2007a
The Cellar: a friendly neighborhood coffee shop, with no coffee and no shop. Established 1990.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

10/14/2020 3:03 pm  #1

I just voted

Texas voter, reporting in. I was surprised at how smoothly everything went. My poll is located in our neighborhood community center, and for the primary several months back, we were in the gym, with a line about an hour long on the Democrat side. (I was irritated that they had an equal number of machines set for both halves, even though there were only 1 or 2 people at any given time on the Republican half of the gym.) This time they had the machines set up in a small side room so that the line of people could wind through the garden path out back. Halfway down the path was a table with free water bottles and snacks, but I didn't grab any because the end of the line was still way ahead of me at that point.

Whole thing took 20 minutes, and I got my sticker. I declined to use their "selfie station" with the branded community center backdrop, however.

10/14/2020 3:46 pm  #2

Re: I just voted

I voted a few weeks ago and see that they got my ballot that I mailed in.

10/14/2020 4:04 pm  #3

PA here, my completed ballot is traveling by mail.

If you would only recognize that life is hard, things would be so much easier for you. - Louis Brandeis

10/14/2020 6:05 pm  #4

Oregon here. The state registration website said ballots should be going in the mail today, the 14th. Once it arrives, I (like all Oregonians) will take my own time to research and thoroughly satisfy any questions I have about any of the candidates/ ballot initiatives.. starting with the thick, 100-page pamphlet we all receive, and proceeding from there with any kind of Google search, conversation, appeals to divine power.. and when I am completely satisfied I can put it in the mail, or drop it off in a collection box downtown by the courthouse.

I honestly don't know how anyone can vote without the freedoms and empowerment we have here. Fight like hell to get this in your state.

Last edited by Flint (10/14/2020 6:09 pm)

signature s c h m i g n a t u r e

10/14/2020 6:56 pm  #5

I have my ballot.  I'm about ready to fill in.  Lots of local stuff on it that I'm taking my time to research.  Not too sure why.  Because me. :D  Have also reminded sons who also have their ballots.  And offered to deliver to county clerk.  It will still be like pulling teeth though.

The most difficult thing is the decision to act, the rest is merely tenacity  Amelia Earhart

10/21/2020 1:49 pm  #6

ok that took 45 minutes to fill in including a last bit of research.  ready to deliver in a wee while (it has finally stopped raining, I feel a bike ride down town calling), alongside youngest son's. Oldest son says he is doing his today and will deliver his own.

The most difficult thing is the decision to act, the rest is merely tenacity  Amelia Earhart

10/21/2020 2:18 pm  #7

....and completely independently, daughter just messaged and said "I voted".  It's election day already in the beestmonter household it seems.

10/21/2020 4:35 pm  #8

you guys rock

10/21/2020 5:16 pm  #9

I just biked downtown to deliver mine and Thunderboi's to the clerk's office.  They moved the stupid box the the lobby on the other side of the building so I had to walk across the foyer past the long line of people (I hope all waiting to register to vote) and back again and was stopped in both directions -I guess they thought maybe I was trying to jump the line?  Also the box looks like a recycling bin and is pale green.  In March it was Red White and Blue with tinsel   Still, it was a nice day for a ride and I only had one car and one pedestrian try to kill me.  

10/21/2020 5:34 pm  #10

ive still got my ballot and keep putting off finishing it. still havent decided if i'm writing in emma goldman or leon czolgosz at the top of the ticket, and i need to do a lil more research on some of the local races.

10/21/2020 10:46 pm  #11

erika wrote:

czolgosz

would you like a glass of water? 

And a deep cavity nasal swab?

10/22/2020 12:49 am  #12

Got an email this afternoon telling me my ballot I mailed Monday had been received and tallied.
It also said I'm not allowed to go to the poll and vote in person. Well duh.

Freedom is just another word for nothin' left to lose.

10/22/2020 4:42 am  #13

well.. the ƒucking Pres of the USA told people to vote twice, so...

10/22/2020 9:55 pm  #14

Just voted against Trump.

Ballot securely delivered.

Be Just And Fear Not

10/23/2020 7:03 am  #15

Guy just got picked up in Luzerne County for following his President's directions and voting his dead mother's ballot.

If you would only recognize that life is hard, things would be so much easier for you. - Louis Brandeis

10/23/2020 10:27 am  #16

I dropped my our mail in ballots at the county recorder, because I don't have much confidence in the USPS right now (no slam on the postal workers, mind you, but Dejoy and his arse biscuits.)

I had to *quadruple park* to do it, and I got away without parking enforcement reaching my end of the block.

Which I feel is a tiny bit gangsta.

Weaponized Funk

10/23/2020 10:40 am  #17

Pretty edgie man.

10/30/2020 8:55 am  #18

Li' Griff  sent in her absentee ballot request about a month ago (late September). She had to do it by mail because the online system would not accept her out of state address. According to the tracking website, the ballot was sent to her on October 20th and she received it on the 26th. She put it back in the mail the same day but after mail collection. As of now PA has an extra three days which she is going to need. Lesson: It didn't matter when she sent in her ballot request because in Susquehanna County they didn't process absentee requests until October 17.

10/30/2020 12:22 pm  #19

Luce busted caps in that parking job's ass.

10/30/2020 8:17 pm  #20

BigV wrote:

Just voted against Trump.

Ballot securely delivered.

Driving up

Prepare to vote!

Bomb's away!

Last edited by BigV (11/11/2020 5:40 pm)

Be Just And Fear Not

11/01/2020 3:11 pm  #21

You can tell who so many former Trump officials are voting for.  For example, former Secretary of State Rex Tillerman said "It is very difficult to have a discussion with the president.  If an intel briefer was going to start a discussion with the president, they were only a couple sentences in and it could off on what I kind of irreverently call those Seattle freeway off-ramps to nowhere.  Shoot off onto another subject. .... You could try, but then something that had been said on Fox News or something was more salient to him."

So many (Mattis, Tillerson, Coats, McMasters, Kelly, Mulvaney etc all said same to Bob Woodward.  He avoids all issues, splits hair, and does not deal with hard questions.  Then it is amplified in a one-on-one setting.    This maddening, convoluted dodging drove all crazy.  VP Pence would not deny it and repeatedly told all to "Stay the course".  His exact and repeated expression to all senior White House people.

James Mattis, Sec of Defense, was verbally appalled at Trump's contempt of all American allies and his loving praise of people such as Kim Jung Un of N Korea.  Mattis said that a president must be tough to keep the peace.  "But not with the current occupant.  Because he doesn't understand.  He has no mental framework or mode for these things.  He hasn't read, you know. ... I was often trying to impose reason over impulse.  And you see where I wasn't able to, because the tweets would get out there."

Fundamental to all educated Americans are our allies.  Especially NATO, the Middle East, South Korea, and Japan.  What made Trump think anyone could make it alone in this world?  What reading from history or intellectual thought cold give anyone such confidence? A country always needs allies.  Mattis became concerned with Trump as to regularily visit as war almost started between July and September 2017.  (How many foolishly think Trump kept us out of war.  His people did by, many times, ignoring his orders.)  Mattis says those details are still being withheld.  But intentional provocations put us almost at war in Korea.

Around that time, Kim went to China where they discussed how to deal with Trump.  In 2018, Kim sent flowery letters to Trump followed by a meeting in Singapore where he constantly called Trump "Your Excellency". Trump then came back and canceled all joint military exercises with South Korea.  Declaring that military people don't need training.  Any military man knows how dumb that is.

Trump then said on 13 Jun 2018 that "There is no longer a Nuclear Threat from North Korea."  One can see why from 27 flowery letters, signed by Kim.  From Bob Woodward, "The CIA never figured out conclusively who wrote and crafted Kim's letters to Trump.  They were masterpieces.  The analysts marveled at the skill someone brought to finding the exact mixture of flattery while appealing to Trump's sense of grandiosity and being center stage in history."

Mattis, Sec of Defense, was never told any of this until he read it in press reports.   He told Trump, "The troops are worthless to you as president, they're worthless to me as secretary of defense if they are not out there training."  Trump said, "There is too much emphasis on terrorism and fighting the old Bush wars.  Mattis told him it is necessary to avert future 9/11s.  Trump said, "I always hear that.  That means we've got to fight everywhere in the world."  Mattis said, "No, it doesn't, sir."

Trump is constantly that ignorant.  That is why extremist love the bully.  We wants to wreck shit - as extremists in the Cellar also openly said they want.

In order to keep troops trained, Mattis ordered all platoon, company, battalion, breigade and regimental exercises to continue.  Since those could be conducted without informing Washington.  And to continue all command post and communication network exercises to continue since troops would not be visible in the field.

Mattis did what Mueller demonstrated in his report.  Trump's myopic and destructive decisions were constantly averted by Senior staff who did not execute Trump's orders.

77 nations involved in fighting ISIS unanimously agreed to stay the course.  Obviously since phase four planning is essential - as everyone in the Cellar knows.  13 of those nations have military forces. "What about the other nations?  Who was ripping us off", Trump asked.  "The others are giving money, intelligence.  They're supporting programs, all sorts of things ... for every one of our Troops that died in Syria, 1,000 Kurds have died".

The actual death number were many times higher.  But then one with a 30 second attention span would not hear any of that.

In Dec 2018, those 13 nations met and unanimously agreed to continue the fight.  "We must not declare victory and walk away and wonder why it comes right back", said France's Defense Minister.

Then later that same day, Trump releases a video that says America is withdrawing all troops.  As usual, Trump consulted no one.  He just arbitrarily said, "We won.  And that is the way we want it, and that's the way they want it." While pointing to the sky.  Even John Kelly, Trump's chief of staff, had not been consulted.

Later, in the Oval Office, "Mr President, we've got to come to an understanding here.  This enemy is not going away. These terrorist groups regenerate.  The US military had to win not just the fighting but peace."   (Again Phase Four planning.) Trump replied, "You guys will have us fighting forever."  The reply, "No. The Kurds have done the fighting.  Let's be right up front ...  a lot of other nations too: 77 nations plus Interpol, Arab League, NATO ..."  And still Trump denied it.

"One core belief I have always held is that our strength as a nation is inextricabley linked to the strength of our unique and comprehensive system of alliances and partnerships. ... we cannot protect our interests or serve that role effectively without maintaining strong alliances and showing respect for those allies ... You're going to have to get the next secretary of defense to lose to ISIS.  I'm sure not going to do it."

Trump tweeted, "General Jim Mattis will be retiring with distinction a the end of February .. General Mattis was a great help to me in getting allies and other countries to pay their share of military obligations ... I greatly thank Jim for his service!" 

Then three days later, Trump said Mattis would be leaving earlier. And said in a cabinet meeting, "What's he done for me?  What has he done in Afghanistan"  Not so good.  I'm not happy with what he's done in Afghanistan and I shouldn't be happy.  As you know President Obama fired him and essentially so did I."  Then later said Mattis was, "the world's most overrated general".  Only a child does this.

Trump said, "We're going to put a tariff on all steel and aluminum, on everything coming in and see what happens. ... The world is taking advantage of us and its time for a change.  I would love to leave South Korea.  We are the piggy bank that everyone wants to rob."  Then resorted to a chain of profanity;.

An intelligent aide noted, "We're not a steel-producing nation.  We're a good producing nation.  If we increase the price of steel, our goods become overpriced and we can't compete."  So Trump mocked his economic advisor Cohn.  What resulted is many American industries that, 6 months later, laid off entire shifts and lost export customers.

Trump routinely fires and demeans subordinates.  As any dicator would do.  He does not have the balls to fire anyone to their face. He fired Tillerson and Mattis by tweets - without any warning.    As he also did to Natinal Intelligence Director Dan Coats.

Trump saw Coats Sunday 28 July at Trumps National Club.  Martha Coats noted the strained expression on Trump's face as soon as he saw his National Intelligence Director.  Because Trump had arbitrarily fired him, by Tweet, only hours previously.  And could not bother to notify Coats who was standing before him.  

"Dan Coats, the current director, will be leaving  office on August 15th. I would like to thank Dan Coats for his great service to our Country."  Where did August 15th come from?  Discovered was a whistleblower in the intelligence agency would report improper conduct by Trump.  Coats would be required to and would pass that report to Congress. The president wanted that report withheld.  And needed Ratcliffe, who did not come from Congress and would be less likely to release that report.

Kurshner (Trump's son-in-law) describes how things work. Senators Mike Lee, Tim Scott, and Chuck Grassley were brought in to relax and reduce mandatory minimum drug sentences for crack and powder cocaine offenses.  They presented a program.  "Okay.  I like it.  This makes sense. Let's do it.", Trump said.  On the way out, with Kushner, Mike Lee was surprised and delighted that Trump agreed.  Kurshner said, "No, no, no, no.  That's a soft yes.  ... Well, now I have to bring in people who totally disagree with this and who are going to tell him this is a bad idea.  He's going to side with them. ... With the president, there's a hundreds different shades of gray.  ... You can get him to decide in our favor by limiting his information.  But you better be sure as hell people with competing views aren't going to find a way to him.  And when that happens, he's going to undo his decision."

Trump only understands what a last person told him.   He makes all decisions only from emotions - like a child. The nature of his 30 second attention span.

Trump intends to fire CIA Directory Hapel (she will not declassify secret documents to indict Obama), Sec of Defense Esper, FBI Director Wray, maybe Attorney General Barr and Education Secretary DeVos, US Attorney Durham (because he has failed to indict any Obama administration officials), and others.

We know who so many former Trump staff will vote for.  They know he is it not qualified for the job.  Only people with anttention span too short to read this love this scumbag.

Last edited by tw (11/01/2020 9:06 pm)

11/03/2020 7:12 am  #22

griff wrote:

Li' Griff  sent in her absentee ballot request about a month ago (late September). She had to do it by mail because the online system would not accept her out of state address. According to the tracking website, the ballot was sent to her on October 20th and she received it on the 26th. She put it back in the mail the same day but after mail collection. As of now PA has an extra three days which she is going to need. Lesson: It didn't matter when she sent in her ballot request because in Susquehanna County they didn't process absentee requests until October 17.

Her ballot was received yesterday.

11/03/2020 11:37 am  #23

Good.

They don't make it easy.  Fuckers.

11/03/2020 12:35 pm  #24

I put a stamp on mine to make sure it was postmarked and went first class which took two days to go 10 miles.

Freedom is just another word for nothin' left to lose.

Board footera