cellar2007a
The Cellar: a friendly neighborhood coffee shop, with no coffee and no shop. Established 1990.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

11/24/2020 6:50 am  #51

Re: QUESTIONS ABOUT THIS SITE

griff wrote:

How do I block Grandfather?

I received news last night and was triggerable. Thanks for playing

If you would only recognize that life is hard, things would be so much easier for you. - Louis Brandeis

11/27/2020 7:11 pm  #52

before posting this
captured during posting, image added during edit
 but this image was taken during the edit phase when I was posting the images.

My QUESTION ABOUT THIS SITE is this: why does the edit screen include a button for YouTube and the original Quick Post edit box does not?

Last edited by BigV (11/27/2020 7:17 pm)

Be Just And Fear Not

11/28/2020 3:05 pm  #53

I bumped into that one.
Quick reply doesn’t have those buttons, but “post reply” does. So if’n you’re gonna post a video use the “post reply” option.

Living life on the edge.

11/28/2020 4:01 pm  #54

Not a question, per se, but an OBSERVATION ABOUT THIS SITE.  When I click on an image in a dwellar's post, it takes me to the home page of postimages.org, or the actual image at ibb.co, or nothing at all. This range of responses seems to be because of the different ways the image is included in the post.  I would like to figure out how the post is made so that the picture opens in a separate tab and use that method for my posts.  I have used my own google cloud image in posts and I've used postimages.org.  The second one (I'm still new at that one) gave me several options of how to reference the image I'd just uploaded. 

ETA: Addtionally, I found that images posted using postimages.org don't trigger the captcha challenge.  I confess I do like that one.

Last edited by BigV (11/28/2020 4:02 pm)

Be Just And Fear Not

11/28/2020 6:22 pm  #55

It's important to note that according to Boardhost definitions, we are not a "message board," we are a "forum."

What is the difference between a forum and one of your message boards?

Forums divide your users' discussions into separate categories and topics, while message boards offer a single page of threaded discussion.

Either the instructions you quoted only apply to message boards, or they are out-of-date: "Edit Board Settings" is not a thing in the forum Administration Area, and I have no ability to allow or disallow HTML under any of the settings menus that do exist.

11/28/2020 6:37 pm  #56

BigV wrote:

ETA: Addtionally, I found that images posted using postimages.org don't trigger the captcha challenge.  I confess I do like that one.

did you just notice this?  Are you getting the captcha anywhere now?

The most difficult thing is the decision to act, the rest is merely tenacity  Amelia Earhart

12/02/2020 2:46 pm  #57

Goats in trees calendar came from Amazon today.  No indication of a sender.

Thanks!

12/02/2020 9:20 pm  #58

monster wrote:

BigV wrote:

did you just notice this?  Are you getting the captcha anywhere now?

only very recently have the captcha gotchas stopped.

good fucking riddance.

Be Just And Fear Not

10/24/2021 1:56 pm  #59

jfc

turns out, the anon acct has been removed/deleted/wished into the cornfield, whatever.

sidenote, I do not approve of the effect that some kinds of account retirement also cause the messages posted by that account to go away.  #grump

anyhow.  

sux about the anon acct.  I tried to reproduce it, but the advice about using a fake email account turns out to be unuseful since (presumably) the account confirmation and password configuration info/link would have been sent to account.

Be Just And Fear Not

10/25/2021 8:59 am  #60

Hmm... The name doesn't appear in the list of users, but when I try to create an account with that name, it says it's already in use. So I have created the new account "Anon", with the password [PM me if you want it] (which I'm only semi-sure was the old password, but whatever, it's the password now). Of course it won't be very anonymous if you use it in the immediate future, but it's there, anyway.

10/25/2021 1:13 pm  #61

It works.

10/26/2021 10:23 am  #62

Clodfobble wrote:

Hmm... The name doesn't appear in the list of users, but when I try to create an account with that name, it says it's already in use. So I have created the new account "Anon", with the password [PM me if you want it] (which I'm only semi-sure was the old password, but whatever, it's the password now). Of course it won't be very anonymous if you use it in the immediate future, but it's there, anyway.

Yes, that was the old password.

Living life on the edge.

11/06/2021 5:55 am  #63

Can anyone use this account to send a PM?

(It's a trick question, the account has to have at least 3 posts in order to send PMs and this is the 3rd post.) 

12/21/2021 7:22 pm  #64

II just cant believe how fast this is on IE6,I mean its a good as Undertoads site was! (cellar.org)

I just wish it wasnt forced SSL,then I wouldnt have to go thru a proxy to get here (Ah man!!)

Hey Undertoad why dont ya forward www.cellar.org to here buddy??

Your domain doesnt block HTTP so if I go thru your domain,I might be able to get here direct!!

I hope everyone has a good christmas!!

EDIT:

What software is this,its goregous......

Last edited by Dude111 (12/21/2021 7:31 pm)

2/10/2022 6:52 am  #65

Do we have the capability of blocking a user?

Or should I just poke my eyes out?

Last edited by TheNeverWas (2/10/2022 6:53 am)

These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA, EPA, FBI, DEA, CDC, or FDIC. These statements are not intended to diagnose, cause, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. If you feel you have been harmed/offended by, or, disagree with any of the above statements or images, please feel free to fuck right off.

2/10/2022 11:39 am  #66

As far as I can tell, there is no such functionality. The best I can suggest is to just scroll right past folks who annoy you (easier said than done, I know, but it's all I've got.)

2/10/2022 3:46 pm  #67

TheNeverWas wrote:

Or should I just poke my eyes out?

signature s c h m i g n a t u r e

2/10/2022 7:15 pm  #68

Guess I'll just grin and bear it.

These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA, EPA, FBI, DEA, CDC, or FDIC. These statements are not intended to diagnose, cause, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. If you feel you have been harmed/offended by, or, disagree with any of the above statements or images, please feel free to fuck right off.

2/10/2022 11:10 pm  #69

I've heard wanking too much can help ...I guess that's urban myth?

The most difficult thing is the decision to act, the rest is merely tenacity  Amelia Earhart

2/12/2022 2:59 pm  #70

I guess I could bare it and wave it around...

3/18/2022 11:05 am  #71

Y'know how sometimes ya wanna skip a line in your post, so ya hit that return button twice?

I have do that twice.  <--Like right then.

When I start to type on the double-returned line, it goes back to directly under the first part, then I have to backspace, hit return again, and continue with my foolishness.

The next time(s) I want to skip a line (hit return twice) in the post it works like it should.

Kook.  Ee.

Last edited by TheNeverWas (3/18/2022 11:05 am)

4/08/2022 5:54 pm  #72

There be advertisements here! They're in the individual forum indices; but, not the main index.

Eh, what's up doc?

4/08/2022 6:21 pm  #73

Indeed.  weird.

4/08/2022 6:48 pm  #74

I tawt I taw a bannerad.

4/09/2022 7:27 am  #75

I did I did taw a banerd

If you would only recognize that life is hard, things would be so much easier for you. - Louis Brandeis

Board footera