cellar2007a
The Cellar: a friendly neighborhood coffee shop, with no coffee and no shop. Established 1990.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

7/18/2021 6:06 am  #51

Re: Lemme sing you a little song

I think you're right! Nice match of man and guitar.

If you would only recognize that life is hard, things would be so much easier for you. - Louis Brandeis

7/18/2021 12:45 pm  #52

Sounds really nice, man.

These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA, EPA, FBI, DEA, CDC, or FDIC. These statements are not intended to diagnose, cause, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. If you feel you have been harmed/offended by, or, disagree with any of the above statements or images, please feel free to fuck right off.

7/20/2021 11:00 am  #53

My main concern was that he wouldn't be comfortable playing it.  It's a tricky thing... Lots of variables like string spacing, neck profile, width, action....

Seems like I got lucky.  He didn't notice any of that.  Said it felt good and chunky like his main guitar.... Played naturally and easy.  Whew.

So maybe it won't just hang on a wall.

He goes to his weekly jam tonight, so he can show it off to his boys.

Wish I could be a fly on the wall.

7/20/2021 11:11 pm  #54

Luck? Shit, skill of a master guitar craftsman will shine through. You da man. 

Freedom is just another word for nothin' left to lose.

7/21/2021 5:09 pm  #55

https://youtu.be/aBDRIEzvgtE

Ah kaint keep from smahlin

7/21/2021 5:29 pm  #56

suh-weet!

The most difficult thing is the decision to act, the rest is merely tenacity  Amelia Earhart

7/21/2021 7:59 pm  #57

I can see why he's smilin!

Be Just And Fear Not

9/03/2021 7:06 pm  #58

https://youtu.be/Uj6IbZdi964

4th time playing it...  Heard it on the radio on my way home from work today, and thought... I think I could....

Glen Levitt says he thinks it sounds awesome.  I just wish I had a better mic on my phone, cuz I was singing loud enough for neighbors and passersbye to overhear, but my voice sounds soft in the recording.

Anyway...  We doing the vernal equinox zoom in 3 weeks?  I'll be playing some Volbeat on that call.

9/04/2021 7:48 am  #59

That was nice Jim!

If you would only recognize that life is hard, things would be so much easier for you. - Louis Brandeis

9/06/2021 8:26 am  #60

lumberjim wrote:

4th time playing it... Heard it on the radio on my way home from work today, and thought... I think I could....

Glen Levitt says he thinks it sounds awesome. I just wish I had a better mic on my phone, cuz I was singing loud enough for neighbors and passersbye to overhear, but my voice sounds soft in the recording.

Anyway... We doing the vernal equinox zoom in 3 weeks? I'll be playing some Volbeat on that call.

Try placing the phone further from the geetar and nearer to your mouth? Put it on something - in our house we'd use a music stand or similar. Make a stand for it.

Living life on the edge.

9/06/2021 1:46 pm  #61

Like he can make stuff.

Pfft.

[/sarcasm]

These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA, EPA, FBI, DEA, CDC, or FDIC. These statements are not intended to diagnose, cause, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. If you feel you have been harmed/offended by, or, disagree with any of the above statements or images, please feel free to fuck right off.

10/03/2021 8:54 am  #62

lumberjim wrote:

Anyway... We doing the vernal equinox zoom in 3 weeks? I'll be playing some Volbeat on that call.

TODAY, Mr Lumberjim, sir........

The most difficult thing is the decision to act, the rest is merely tenacity  Amelia Earhart

10/22/2021 5:57 pm  #63

Where have you gone, my baby blue.... I'm here all alone, I've been missing you...

https://youtu.be/zPmNs5L3oiQ

Volbeat.

10/23/2021 3:46 pm  #64

10/23/2021 3:49 pm  #65

Very nice guitar work, too.

~Gravdigr, in case ya don't remember...

10/23/2021 9:54 pm  #66

Heythanksman. I've been practicing a little.

I sing better when I've got a buzz on, but play better when I don't.... So that sweet spot is tricky to hit.  My favorite thing about that clip is that the sky behind me is in that place.  Deep blue of post sunset, but still lit.....

2/18/2022 10:31 pm  #67

A comet apoears

https://youtu.be/Wdd3xlZABUA

I really can't wait for winter to gtfo.

2/18/2022 11:52 pm  #68

<3

2/18/2022 11:55 pm  #69

[aside].... also .... with you on the winter.  In some circumstances I'd consider this many inches twice in 24 hours a blessing, and wet and heavy not a problem... but now I'm old...
[/aside]

2/20/2022 5:31 pm  #70

https://youtu.be/vzPXpRUqx8E

Had a chance to sing at full throat cuz I was home alone.

This is Rise by Eddie Vedder.  From that movie.

2/28/2022 8:38 pm  #71

I played in front of strangers for the first time last Tuesday night.

My local brew pub has open no mic night.  There's a group of guys that play Irish music every tues.... We went 2 weeks earlier, and it was ok.

I thought I might sneak a song or two into their breaks.

So I brought the guitar last week just in case.  After 2 cups of liquid courage, I brought it in and did Rise.

They loved it.  People clapped and all.

After a couple more songs, they called me over, so I moved over near them and tried to keep up with their stuff.

Bartender said I got the MVP of the night.

Going again tomorrow if I get out of work in time.

Fun

3/01/2022 12:56 am  #72

Bro that is SO cool.!!
reading that story I can feel all the excitement, nervousness, anticipation
that feeling when the cool guys call you up to be a part of their cool guy club

signature s c h m i g n a t u r e

3/01/2022 6:01 am  #73

That's pretty cool, Jim.  I caught up your tunes here.

I can tell you're improving.

Good work.

3/01/2022 6:04 am  #74

monster wrote:

In some circumstances I'd consider this many inches twice in 24 hours a blessing, and wet and heavy not a problem

3/01/2022 6:54 am  #75

That's awesome Jim!

Board footera