cellar2007a
The Cellar: a friendly neighborhood coffee shop, with no coffee and no shop. Established 1990.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

11/01/2020 6:49 pm  #1

New here? help us get to know you with this November 'Nquisition

the durative dwellars may also answer while we are waiting for you/to make you feel more comfortable -please don't be alarmed 

1 for the Money:  What's the worst paid job you ever did for a non relative?
2 to Tango: Do you like to dance?
3 strikes: On a dinner date, what are the three worst things your date could do?
4 play: Chess or Monopoly?
5 senses: how sensitive are you to smells?
6 of this theme?  Me too: Do you like to mow the lawn?
7: how do you feel about fog?
8: What's the best practical joke you have ever played?
9: What is your favorite euphemism for something food-related?

The most difficult thing is the decision to act, the rest is merely tenacity  Amelia Earhart

11/02/2020 10:46 pm  #2

Re: New here? help us get to know you with this November 'Nquisition

The worst-paid job or the worst paid-job? In either case it would have to be a particular 3 hour stint as a dishwasher in Glacier National Park.
2 to Tango: Do you like to dance? Not if there are witnesses
3 strikes: On a dinner date, what are the three worst things your date could do?
1. Be rude to waitstaff. B. Ask me what kind of car I drive. iii. Gaze at her phone.
4 play: Chess or Monopoly? Monopoly. I get the race car or the steamship.
5 senses: how sensitive are you to smells? I am like a bloodhound. I can smell what people are thinking about. I hate cheap fragrances.
6 of this theme?  Me too: Do you like to mow the lawn? Not 6. Of the best? It's OK.
7: how do you feel about fog? I like fog a lot.
8: What's the best practical joke you have ever played? It was hilarious but you wouldn't get it if you weren't a large format photographer.
9: What is your favorite euphemism for something food-related? Adam and eve on a raft; wreck 'em!

Hey! That's me up there!

11/03/2020 12:39 am  #3

So, I had to take these plastic tubes and force them into this very hot groove in a very hot table so when they cooled off they would retain the new shape.  It was very hot.  In dead of summer.  No a/c.  I did it for like three hours, and chucked that job.

Not particularly.

Hide in their phone, complain about the food (overmuch), be rude to waitstaff/bartender.

Chess.

Not overly, I don't think.

Not really.  Popdigr won't let me touch the yard.

Looking at it/watching it roll in, fine, purty, all that.  Driving in it?  Not so much.

Way too long to explain here

I [used to] order hash browns in a truck stop/IHOP/Denny's-type place as "scattered, shattered, smothered and covered".

Last edited by Gravdigr (11/03/2020 12:41 am)

11/03/2020 7:54 am  #4

1 for the Money:  What's the worst paid job you ever did for a non relative? Dishwasher
2 to Tango: Do you like to dance? No, no I do not.
4 play: Chess or Monopoly? Monopoly
5 senses: how sensitive are you to smells? Not very.
6 of this theme?  Me too: Do you like to mow the lawn? Yeah.
7: how do you feel about fog? Pro-fog
8: What's the best practical joke you have ever played? I took the bottom out of a dixie cup when I was a kid. My aunt poured and poured...
9: What is your favorite euphemism for something food-related? Mother and child reunion

Last edited by griff (11/03/2020 7:55 am)

If you would only recognize that life is hard, things would be so much easier for you. - Louis Brandeis

11/03/2020 12:14 pm  #5

Take inventory at BookWorld.  You had to write down by hand the title of every publication and the price and the quantity on the shelf.  There was no Zen manual labor aspect to it and no intellectual curiosity either.  It just plain sucked.

Only if it's a spontaneous little jig around the kitchen or something if a good song comes on.  Going dancing, or Dancing at a wedding isn't so enjoyable.

Eat pieces of cut-off meat with the fork in her left hand as she cuts with her right.  Butter an entire slice of bread instead of just one bite at a time. =15pxPull out a gun and do an armed robbery.

Monopoly since more can play and it's mindless so you can talk.

Pretty sensitive.  I don't like added smells at all.  But nice natural scents that go along with what is happening are pretty nice.  (Like a pie baking, versus a scented candle.)

I love to mow the lawn, as long as there isn't a rush in any way.

It's very cool.  I love it.

When I was a kid, I loved ordering "Fisherman Splatter" because they assumed you were ordering the other thing unless you really paused between the two words.

11/03/2020 8:22 pm  #6

I also did not understand Sponge Bob Square Pants.

11/04/2020 6:29 pm  #7

1 for the Money:  What's the worst paid job you ever did for a non relative? Cleaner in a geriatric hospital, but even that was minimum wage.
2 to Tango: Do you like to dance? You'd have to get me drunk and then it'd be fun
3 strikes: On a dinner date, what are the three worst things your date could do? Pick their nose, pick their teeth, pick my food for me
4 play: Chess or Monopoly? Neither. Have you tried Patchwork? Or Ticket to Ride??
5 senses: how sensitive are you to smells? Not really, except for Mr Limey's farts.
6 of this theme?  Me too: Do you like to mow the lawn? Not my job, mate. But I might.
7: how do you feel about fog? I like it. Once when my sainted mother picked me up from the bus station we drove through thick fog in Nottinghamshire by following the white line along the middle of the road. She (driving), had to lean out of the window and look down to see it because visibility was down to 1 yard (i.e. less than the length of the, uh, hood of the car). At one point she began anxiously to exclaim "I've lost the white line! I've lost the white line!!". "It's OK, mother." I replied, "I've got it here, on my side of the car." ..... I guess you had to have been there. ...
8: What's the best practical joke you have ever played? When, acting as interpreter for a mostly male group of Russian folk musicians, we had a day pass to a local swimming bath. I looked at the pool and noticed that the only swimmers in it were ladies so I promptly said to all these strapping guys "Oh, it's ladies' day in the big pool today. You must all go in the paddling pool, I'm afraid." And they did.
9: What is your favorite euphemism for something food-related? Tipplesnacks, for anything you eat with an alcoholic beverage.

Living life on the edge.

Board footera