cellar2007a
The Cellar: a friendly neighborhood coffee shop, with no coffee and no shop. Established 1990.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

10/04/2021 4:11 pm  #1

songs where the little bell goes "ting!"

1. Police - Spirits in the material world (Ghost in the machine)
2. Pantera - a New level (Vulgar display of power)

signature s c h m i g n a t u r e

10/04/2021 9:37 pm  #2

Re: songs where the little bell goes "ting!"

We need more cowbell.  Or a machine that goes ping.  OK I got nuthin. Because I generally don't like song with little bells that go "ting" .

The most difficult thing is the decision to act, the rest is merely tenacity  Amelia Earhart

10/05/2021 6:14 am  #3

Fries are done.

If you would only recognize that life is hard, things would be so much easier for you. - Louis Brandeis

10/05/2021 10:02 am  #4

I will keep an ear for them. I know there are a lot.

Hey! That's me up there!

10/08/2021 2:32 pm  #5

These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA, EPA, FBI, DEA, CDC, or FDIC. These statements are not intended to diagnose, cause, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. If you feel you have been harmed/offended by, or, disagree with any of the above statements or images, please feel free to fuck right off.

10/08/2021 4:34 pm  #6

well played.

bad-dum-tish

Be Just And Fear Not

10/13/2021 12:03 am  #7

Last edited by footfootfoot (10/13/2021 12:04 am)

Hey! That's me up there!

10/13/2021 12:10 am  #8

Last edited by footfootfoot (10/13/2021 12:10 am)

Hey! That's me up there!

10/16/2021 10:24 am  #9

I'll have to give those a listen later.  As there's a lot of Rundgren I don't like, I'm probably unfamiliar with most of his music.

Anyway, why I came this morning; these may not be the tings you are looking for, but they are very close to tings, but with the little bell being replaced with the crown of the cymbal (proper term?).

Deer Purple - Child In Time

These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA, EPA, FBI, DEA, CDC, or FDIC. These statements are not intended to diagnose, cause, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. If you feel you have been harmed/offended by, or, disagree with any of the above statements or images, please feel free to fuck right off.

10/19/2021 3:29 pm  #10

[Drift?]

Well, taint no li'l bell, and taint no ting, neither, but I think it's what's been rattling around in the back of m'haid since reading this thread:

10/19/2021 5:15 pm  #11

Dust till down

11/10/2021 9:08 pm  #12

11/21/2021 10:52 pm  #13

I don't think they played this on the radio...

Freedom is just another word for nothin' left to lose.

3/01/2022 5:30 pm  #14

Undertoad wrote:

"La Villa Strangiato" near the beginning but that's gotta be a glockenspiel

Sounds like the same instrument, but definitely what I had in mind-- a break in the song, little bell goes "ting!" then the song proceeds.

Cygnus X-1 Book Two: Hemispheres, I. Prelude (at 2:35)

signature s c h m i g n a t u r e

Board footera