cellar2007a
The Cellar: a friendly neighborhood coffee shop, with no coffee and no shop. Established 1990.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

3/16/2022 4:16 pm  #1

James Webb Alignment Image

If you would only recognize that life is hard, things would be so much easier for you. - Louis Brandeis

3/16/2022 4:24 pm  #2

Re: James Webb Alignment Image

If you would only recognize that life is hard, things would be so much easier for you. - Louis Brandeis

3/16/2022 5:16 pm  #3

How do we know they're telling the truth..The pictures they give us using the Webb we have no way of checking because the Webb is the only thing we have that does what it does. What he was talking about is one level down from a full blown miracle to me.

Freedom is just another word for nothin' left to lose.

3/17/2022 5:54 am  #4

I guess we need to build another telescope...

3/17/2022 4:41 pm  #5

We could just ask TW.

I'm sure he could verify, and/or debunk.

And tell us why we're stupid for wondering.

These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA, EPA, FBI, DEA, CDC, or FDIC. These statements are not intended to diagnose, cause, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. If you feel you have been harmed/offended by, or, disagree with any of the above statements or images, please feel free to fuck right off.

3/17/2022 4:45 pm  #6

♫ Rumour spreadin' 'round
About that L2 town
About that number two, La Grange
And you know what I'm talkin' about ♫

Last edited by Flint (3/17/2022 4:48 pm)

signature s c h m i g n a t u r e

3/18/2022 10:53 am  #7

I played drums on La Grange once when the drummer left before the party was over.

Once.

These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA, EPA, FBI, DEA, CDC, or FDIC. These statements are not intended to diagnose, cause, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. If you feel you have been harmed/offended by, or, disagree with any of the above statements or images, please feel free to fuck right off.

3/18/2022 12:39 pm  #8

lol yeah it's a hard, fast, unrelenting shuffle.

signature s c h m i g n a t u r e

3/18/2022 2:54 pm  #9

Webb was desperately needed so that it could use Hubble (and some other space telescopes) to benchmark what it was doing. 

Fortunately Hubble kept working longer than expected.  Since Webb was delayed many years with technical problems.

If I remember, Webb will need about 6 months to adjust and align everything.

Last edited by tw (3/18/2022 2:55 pm)

3/19/2022 3:23 am  #10

Flint wrote:

lol yeah it's a hard, fast, unrelenting shuffle.

Hah, my version wasn't!  LOL

I'm such a good drummer, I don't need all that extraneous stuff, like other drums, and cymbals.  I just used the snare and the hihat.  Without the pedal.

3/19/2022 8:18 am  #11

It was interesting to see that not only are the trades full of aging workers because young kids feel that the trades are 'for suckas', but apparently it's true at nasa too. If you compare this video to the videos of nasa during Apollo, there a lot of fresh young faces, comparatively.

Hey! That's me up there!

3/20/2022 11:44 am  #12

The future is every kid goes to college.
Graduates get cushy desk jobs, flunkouts get manual labor, with the smarter ones training robots.
The parents of the flunkouts are drummed out of the county club, and the church.
Spouses of flunkouts must take in laundry to make ends meet.
Children of flunkouts must make lunch for the rest of the students at school.
Teachers will be in mortal danger.

Then it gets worse when nobody knows how to fix the plumbing, wiring, leaking roof, or car.

Freedom is just another word for nothin' left to lose.

3/21/2022 5:58 am  #13

I was up North checking out the driveway job and house site (well we did ski and hike). The kid who is heading it up has the degree but also does the siting, excavating, gravel, ground cloth, saw work, and customer schmoozing and on the side he's a caretaker and boils sap. It's going to be an interesting time for work if you don't starve.

Board footera