cellar2007a
The Cellar: a friendly neighborhood coffee shop, with no coffee and no shop. Established 1990.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

3/26/2022 5:23 am  #1

Bedding and bed linen

I have bottom sheet (fitted), duvet (comforter) in a duvet cover, and pillows in pillow cases. These items are all removed for laundering purposes. And one duvet shared by Mr Limey and me, two pillows each.
What do y'alls have? I'd set up a poll, but I wanna hear in your own words!

Living life on the edge.

3/26/2022 6:37 am  #2

Re: Bedding and bed linen

Fitted sheet, top sheet, comforter (the kind with no cover, I don't need that added work in my life).

The concept of sleeping without a top sheet is like wearing jeans without underwear, to me. Utterly inexplicable.

3/26/2022 7:43 am  #3

Fitted sheet, top sheet, blanket or comforter depending on the season. I run hotter so it's feet out and sometimes Pete gets a double blanket. We used to use a Hudson Bay blanket which has nice heft but was often too warm that left the rotation.

If you would only recognize that life is hard, things would be so much easier for you. - Louis Brandeis

3/26/2022 9:23 am  #4

Fitted sheet, top sheet, blanket, and quilt. Keryx is cold all of the time.

I Love my country, I fear the government.

3/26/2022 10:26 am  #5

Fitted sheet, then a duvet cover, both flannel.  No normal sheet.  In winter, there's a down comforter in the duvet cover.  The duvet cover is hand-modified to not pull from the foot of the bed.

I'm weird.

3/26/2022 10:55 am  #6

Constricted feet would make me completely mental. I hate a made bed.

If you would only recognize that life is hard, things would be so much easier for you. - Louis Brandeis

3/26/2022 11:18 am  #7

My feet usually don't reach the foot of the bed, so constriction isn't an issue; it just prevents cold feet.
But when I had a smaller bed (one with headboard/footboard that my current one doesn't have), I did like sticking my feet between the mattress and footboard, so that isn't an issue for me in any case.

3/26/2022 2:46 pm  #8

I guess I'm the savage in this bunch.  Again.  Who is shocked by this revelation?

Fitted sheet, summer-weight (thin) comforter, no matter the season.  If it's gonna be particularly cold, I have a heavy fleece throw the same size as the mattress I throw on top.    One king-sized pillow under m'haid, one regular pillow between m'legs.  Nothing else.  I wear socks to bed, to eliminate cold feet.

These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA, EPA, FBI, DEA, CDC, or FDIC. These statements are not intended to diagnose, cause, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. If you feel you have been harmed/offended by, or, disagree with any of the above statements or images, please feel free to fuck right off.

3/26/2022 6:15 pm  #9

Sheet(usually fitted but some not) top sheet, two pillows although the last couple months not using either one as I've been training myself to sleep on my back again, and one or two wool blankets.

P.S. I've been wearing jeans without underwear for 40 years.

Freedom is just another word for nothin' left to lose.

3/26/2022 8:44 pm  #10

griff wrote:

Constricted feet would make me completely mental. I hate a made bed.

oh fsm me too -first thing i do when in a hotel -destroy the tucked-in-ness

The most difficult thing is the decision to act, the rest is merely tenacity  Amelia Earhart

3/26/2022 8:54 pm  #11

flat sheet then fitted sheet, both cotton on the mattress. (Brit-style/IKEA bed) I sleep on those covered by a summer-weight duvet in a cotton duvet cover. or on really hot nights, just the cover.  Super thin pillow (two cotton covers on it), which I often discard and sleep dead flat.  I have spare pillows of varying thickness everywhere because... well it's a huge bed and looks weird without, and sometimes bits hurt that need extra support.  Or my nose bleeds.  In winter I have a couple of small thin blankets handy in case of cold feets etc.  I sometimes wear socks, but usually they annoy the fuck out of me and get tossed while I'm trying to fall asleep.  other than that, I wear nothing  the socks is a new thing since widowhood.  prior to that, I'd just use warm bits of beest :D

The most difficult thing is the decision to act, the rest is merely tenacity  Amelia Earhart

3/26/2022 8:59 pm  #12

(beest liked many thick pillows and a warmer duvet and had a propensity to create a duvet cocoon as he slept,, so we ended up with a king-sized duvet each of different thicknesses, with some overlap in the middle so no cold draft/draught if anyone went visiting)

3/26/2022 10:43 pm  #13

(I can't remember if we went to separate duvets before or after he got sick, but most of our lives we shared the same one), I suspect before tbh, but I couldn't say for sure

3/27/2022 1:52 pm  #14

monster wrote:

other than that, I wear nothing

xoxoxoBruce wrote:

I've been wearing jeans without underwear for 40 years.

And now I'm wet.  Sopping.

I was gonna go to the park.  Do thangs.  See ppl.

Now, to keep m'schedule, I'm gonna hafta beat off in the park.

Again.

These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA, EPA, FBI, DEA, CDC, or FDIC. These statements are not intended to diagnose, cause, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. If you feel you have been harmed/offended by, or, disagree with any of the above statements or images, please feel free to fuck right off.

3/27/2022 6:09 pm  #15

weirdo.

Jeans w/o undies? yuck.

Board footera