cellar2007a
The Cellar: a friendly neighborhood coffee shop, with no coffee and no shop. Established 1990.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

3/29/2022 2:11 pm  #1

Elspode

Received from Tree Fae:
It is with my greatest sorrow to convey the news of the passing of my husband Elspode. He died on March 26, 2022.
 We both had been ill the week leading up to his death. However, he was no longer running a temperature and was back to full appetite. He had a serious cough, which is a major issue when you already have Copd. He has had chronic bronchitis since childhood. He had several other health issues as well, but I believe this super cold that we had kicked him down. I found him gone when I woke up. 
I called as many of you close to him as I could but I have name and no numbers or numbers with no names. This was a problem the phone was giving him. I apologize to those of you should contacted before this post. 
At this moment, I do not have a date for a celebration of life for Elspode. Conflicts on the calendar are making it challenging.  I look forward to gathering and celebrating the impact this wonderful man had on our lives.
Thank you to those passing the word without posting. I love you all.

Living life on the edge.

3/29/2022 2:53 pm  #2

Re: Elspode

To quote something that reflects my true feelings, "He was the only one who never struck me."

signature s c h m i g n a t u r e

3/29/2022 4:43 pm  #3

Heavy heart.

If you would only recognize that life is hard, things would be so much easier for you. - Louis Brandeis

3/29/2022 5:19 pm  #4

Elspode relished the fact that his first post in The Cellar was on New Year's Eve. Over the years he would post on subsequent New Year's Eves a reminder that it was his Cellar anniversary. Eventually, his first post was relegated to the Cellar Archive and he had trouble finding it. I tracked it down and tagged it for him... "elspode's 1st post"

He resurrected the thread on his 15th Cellar anniversary; but, most of his anniversary posts were in other threads - like this one:  Happy New Year from Sundae

He had a way with words.

Reminiscing,

Mr. S.E. Xobon

3/29/2022 6:01 pm  #5

Hadn't seen him around much lately, but it's still sad.  Patrick was a good guy.  I actually got a chance to meet him in person like 10 years ago.

3/29/2022 6:05 pm  #6

Glad there is a full thread for him. He deserves it. Els was one of the best writers I'd ever met who didn't write as a profession. He just instinctively understood the poetry of prose.

3/29/2022 10:54 pm  #7

oddly, I was thinking about him a few days ago.  Can't even remember why, now.  

The most difficult thing is the decision to act, the rest is merely tenacity  Amelia Earhart

3/29/2022 10:57 pm  #8

oh wait, yes I can, now I verbalized that....... but I ain't sharing.  

The most difficult thing is the decision to act, the rest is merely tenacity  Amelia Earhart

3/29/2022 10:57 pm  #9

Pat was the eulogy guy.  He posted poignant eulogies for those that left us.

So who is left to send him off?

Getting old sucks.  If you don't die, your friends do.

3/30/2022 12:46 am  #10

Anon wrote:

He had a way with words.

Mos def.  I really liked his music review-type posts.

Sad day.

These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA, EPA, FBI, DEA, CDC, or FDIC. These statements are not intended to diagnose, cause, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. If you feel you have been harmed/offended by, or, disagree with any of the above statements or images, please feel free to fuck right off.

3/30/2022 12:47 am  #11

lumberjim wrote:

So who is left to send him off?

I believe a song or piece of music might be appropriate. Hinthint...

These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA, EPA, FBI, DEA, CDC, or FDIC. These statements are not intended to diagnose, cause, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. If you feel you have been harmed/offended by, or, disagree with any of the above statements or images, please feel free to fuck right off.

4/07/2022 2:14 pm  #12

Els is gone? Man that's so sad. He was a lovely bloke. 

9/25/2022 8:13 am  #13

Today is Patrick's birthday (according to FB). :-(

9/27/2022 6:05 pm  #14

Happy Birthday Elspode!

Hi TreeFae.

Be Just And Fear Not

9/27/2022 6:06 pm  #15

Yes, I know he died.

I choose to focus on the happiness his friendship brought to my life.

Be Just And Fear Not

9/28/2022 2:54 am  #16

It's good to remember the good times with good friends.

Living life on the edge.

Board footera