cellar2007a
The Cellar: a friendly neighborhood coffee shop, with no coffee and no shop. Established 1990.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

3/06/2022 8:52 am  #26

Re: Scenic Spots Everywhere

That castle looks like a lovely, small, prison. I get the idea of creating a defensible position but you're pretty screwed if that's your hidey-hole unless there is a tunnel that leads to an exit or three.

Hey! That's me up there!

3/06/2022 3:51 pm  #27

Where do they flush the toilet to?

/my typical question

3/06/2022 6:02 pm  #28

glatt wrote:

Where do they flush the toilet to?

IDK about theirs, but, mine goes to TW's pillow case.

These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA, EPA, FBI, DEA, CDC, or FDIC. These statements are not intended to diagnose, cause, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. If you feel you have been harmed/offended by, or, disagree with any of the above statements or images, please feel free to fuck right off.

3/09/2022 1:49 am  #29

TheNeverWas wrote:

xoxoxoBruce wrote:

You're the only one who knows what you intended it to look like.

I ask again, why would anyone want it to look like that.

I guess it's proof that I'm a goddamned idiot that I made a comment on it at all.

No, you're not an idiot, just wound up about something that's not important to other people.

Pakistan...

Freedom is just another word for nothin' left to lose.

3/11/2022 11:19 pm  #30

Tuscany, make a good golf course...

3/14/2022 1:06 am  #31

This is a picture of the Blue Dragon River and surrounding area in Portugal, taken from the space station.
It makes me wonder what kind of resolution the pictures have that the military and NSA get?

3/14/2022 4:05 pm  #32

Did they name the river after the first aerial photos of it.
It resembles some dragon graphics.
Or is Portugal somehow known for colored dragons?

3/14/2022 8:35 pm  #33

I read a cool thing once about why rivers tend toward that snakey shape. Basically in any small curve, the water at the outer edge of the curve is forced to move faster than the water at the inner edge (same principle that leads to upward lift on an airplane wing.) That added speed erodes the outer edge of curves more than the inner, leading to an increasingly snakey shape over time.

3/15/2022 5:56 am  #34

That's true, not only does the faster water on the outside of the bend erode the soil but the slow water on the inside of the bend deposits that soil so the inside will usually be shallower.

It looks to me like the dark water is actually a lake from a dam on the Blue Dragon River.

No wait...
"The official name of this river is Odeleite River, in original language it sounds like Ribeira de Odeleite. It’s located in the municipality of Castro Marim, Algarve, in Portugal, near the border of Spain. It originates in the mountains of the Serra de Caldeirao & flows through the municipalities of Sao Bras de Alportel, Tavira, Alcoutim, Castro Marim Faro district. Odeleite is a right tributary of the River Guadiana."
"It’s known as the Blue Dragon because of its dark blue colour & such unusual curvy shape, surrounded by the contrasting coasts, resembling the image of a dragon."
So it looks like there's no dam.
The Odeleite doesn't give a dam, it makes the Blue Dragon because it wants to.

3/21/2022 8:10 pm  #35

And Oregon...

3/21/2022 9:53 pm  #36

xoxoxoBruce wrote:

It looks to me like the dark water is actually a lake from a dam on the Blue Dragon River.

No wait...

Might be a dam given, but it ain't mine:

[url=https://earth.google.com/web/search/Castro+Marim,+Algarve/@37.32606014,-7.48776836,52.33120979a,2816.73508267d,35y,10.01820343h,0t,0r/data=Cn8aVRJPCiQweGQxMDE4MGMzNTZiNjZmZjoweDEwYjBmNjNjNmM2NDQwMDMZirWuh-WbQkAhBqaJLfPEHcAqFUNhc3RybyBNYXJpbSwgQWxnYXJ2ZRgBIAEiJgokCe3o1ucdyEJAEatjHSq7fUJAGci2sWp0tRzAIeSrLqHEfiHA]Google Earth Link[/url]

These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA, EPA, FBI, DEA, CDC, or FDIC. These statements are not intended to diagnose, cause, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. If you feel you have been harmed/offended by, or, disagree with any of the above statements or images, please feel free to fuck right off.

3/21/2022 9:56 pm  #37

3/21/2022 11:16 pm  #38

The Palouse is not in Oregon, Wikipedia can suck it.

Be Just And Fear Not

3/26/2022 8:54 pm  #39

You're right, a little bit in Idaho, but mostly Washington, and some want to expand the area defined down into Oregon.
Those people must plan to profit from that somehow to risk the ire of Washingtonians.

And now back to calming scenery.

3/29/2022 11:12 am  #40

Smoke if you got 'em... The reef is home to 33 ft tides.

Last edited by xoxoxoBruce (3/29/2022 11:21 am)

3/29/2022 10:42 pm  #41

Bora Bora is beautiful beautiful.  I've been there once, it's truly breathtaking.

Be Just And Fear Not

4/03/2022 5:39 pm  #42

A friend in WA sent me this picture she took last week...

A lot of jackknifing...

Water and gravity alway provide entertainment...

Vietnam

4/05/2022 7:19 am  #43

"Water and gravity alway provide entertainment..."

I've stood at the base of that waterfall.  You can go behind it, but if the wind changes, it absolutely pummels you and you question your decision making.

4/05/2022 11:27 am  #44

Color adjustment knob for paddy pic?

4/10/2022 7:22 pm  #45

glatt, you've been sneaking off to New Zealand?
After the ring I suspect and not to destroy it but for it's power. The American Gollum. LoL

Jim, the colors come from what's growing, the angle of reflection, and color of the sky reflected.
But regardless, do not try adjusting Vietnam, no good can come of it.

I couldn't find where this is although I didn't try very hard.but a good example of quality infrastructure lasts.

I would credit most of its longevity to being usually dry plus not subjected to heavy truck traffic..

4/16/2022 10:56 pm  #46

4/30/2022 12:11 am  #47

China has some nice scenery for commie views...

4/30/2022 11:33 am  #48

Highway stripes: do not pass warning?

5/09/2022 1:17 am  #49

I don't know what that's about, China drives on the right like all civilized nations.

Iceland is a country of extremes...

5/14/2022 5:08 pm  #50

But for scenery you don't even have to leave the country...

Board footera