cellar2007a
The Cellar: a friendly neighborhood coffee shop, with no coffee and no shop. Established 1990.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

3/21/2022 7:37 pm  #1

What is making the baby Jesus cry today?

People who put a swallow of milk in a half gallon carton back into the fridge.

Hey! That's me up there!

3/21/2022 7:50 pm  #2

Re: What is making the baby Jesus cry today?

They didn't want to take the last of it and have you disappointed. 

Freedom is just another word for nothin' left to lose.

3/21/2022 8:04 pm  #3

They didn't want to dilute the poison too much

The most difficult thing is the decision to act, the rest is merely tenacity  Amelia Earhart

3/21/2022 9:34 pm  #4

Maybe there was a Frosted Flake left in the box, and someone needed that swallow to make breakfast in the morning?

These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA, EPA, FBI, DEA, CDC, or FDIC. These statements are not intended to diagnose, cause, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. If you feel you have been harmed/offended by, or, disagree with any of the above statements or images, please feel free to fuck right off.

3/21/2022 9:37 pm  #5

They wuz gonna make gravy to go with that biscuit crumb in the corner?

These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA, EPA, FBI, DEA, CDC, or FDIC. These statements are not intended to diagnose, cause, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. If you feel you have been harmed/offended by, or, disagree with any of the above statements or images, please feel free to fuck right off.

3/21/2022 9:38 pm  #6

Tiny, tiny milkshake?

3/21/2022 10:22 pm  #7

maybe it wasn't milk.....

The most difficult thing is the decision to act, the rest is merely tenacity  Amelia Earhart

3/22/2022 6:21 am  #8

Maybe it's a splash of milk in coffee person, you know, a godless heathen.

If you would only recognize that life is hard, things would be so much easier for you. - Louis Brandeis

3/22/2022 2:36 pm  #9

#8 screws that are actually sized #7. Too small to fit in the EZ anchor. #10 is too big.

Hey! That's me up there!

3/22/2022 9:40 pm  #10

Hard to imagine the baby jesus was too worried about the size of his screws.  ......shortly pre-X jesus, maybe..... although he was big into palms, then, apparently.

what?

3/22/2022 10:06 pm  #11

footfootfoot wrote:

#8 screws that are actually sized #7.

America is the only nation where one might fit an American #8 screw into a metric M7.  No other nation (even Canada and Mexico) have that problem.

3/23/2022 2:19 pm  #12

monster wrote:

Hard to imagine the baby jesus was too worried about the size of his screws.  ......shortly pre-X jesus, maybe..... although he was big into palms, then, apparently.

what?

Don't sell BJ short. He cares. Today, fitted sheets are making him cry, because reasons.

Hey! That's me up there!

3/23/2022 2:20 pm  #13

tw wrote:

footfootfoot wrote:

#8 screws that are actually sized #7.

America is the only nation where one might fit an American #8 screw into a metric M7.  No other nation (even Canada and Mexico) have that problem.

Sorry, I meant wood screws, but what America can get up to will never surprise me.

Hey! That's me up there!

3/23/2022 6:11 pm  #14

footfootfoot wrote:

monster wrote:

what?

Don't sell BJ short. He cares. Today, fitted sheets are making him cry, because reasons.

as long as it's not shitted feets.  especially when a BJ is involved.

3/23/2022 6:13 pm  #15

....also tell Hey-Zeus to head on over and I'll how him how to fold those fuckers if that's the problem.  but srsly, using fitted sheets in a manger is just silly

3/24/2022 8:20 pm  #16

I can fold the hell out of a fitted sheet. It's just that they wear out faster than top sheets. Especially since I have RLS; all my sheets are worn through right were my feet are. I liked it when sheets could be either top or bottom and they were large enough to tuck under the bed.

Last edited by footfootfoot (3/24/2022 8:21 pm)

Hey! That's me up there!

3/25/2022 7:44 pm  #17

footfootfoot wrote:

. I liked it when sheets could be either top or bottom.

what prevents that with fitted sheets?  for me, it goes on top of the flat sheet, but I understand many people think that's weird.

3/26/2022 5:21 am  #18

Do you have anything that works for RLS, footsie? Mine is intermittent, but in a bad patch I swear by a couple of paracetamol and a banana before bed.

Living life on the edge.

3/26/2022 10:54 am  #19

He comes from the east end.  They speak a different English there.

Last edited by tw (3/26/2022 10:54 am)

3/26/2022 5:29 pm  #20

Almost literally making baby Jesus cry: a specialty food store that I regularly order from happens to be run by a devoutly Jewish woman. Up until now, this has simply meant that they close their warehouse on major Jewish holidays and order fulfillment sometimes has to wait a few days. No big deal.

They have recently updated their website, however, and one of the fancy new features is that the system will not take online orders for the entire duration of the Sabbath (sundown Friday to sundown Saturday, every weekend, Eastern U.S. time.)

I have a cart full of items, and a cute little banner telling me that I will be allowed to click through to checkout precisely at 8:23 EDT. I want to be respectful, but come on...

3/29/2022 10:25 am  #21

Limey wrote:

Do you have anything that works for RLS, footsie? Mine is intermittent, but in a bad patch I swear by a couple of paracetamol and a banana before bed.

What works for me and is 100% amazing is Gabapentin. I take from 200-400mgs before bed. My sheets are telling me I wear them out at the foot area (hmmm?) but it doesn't wake me or keep me awake. I've been taking Gabapentin for several years.

Hey! That's me up there!

3/29/2022 2:08 pm  #22

footfootfoot wrote:

Limey wrote:

What works for me and is 100% amazing is Gabapentin. I take from 200-400mgs before bed. My sheets are telling me I wear them out at the foot area (hmmm?) but it doesn't wake me or keep me awake. I've been taking Gabapentin for several years.

Noted, thank you!

Living life on the edge.

3/29/2022 11:01 pm  #23

tw wrote:

He comes from the east end.  They speak a different English there.

???

3/30/2022 12:41 am  #24

Me neither, too.

3/30/2022 10:21 am  #25

monster wrote:

???

You've never been to the East end of London?

Board footera