cellar2007a
The Cellar: a friendly neighborhood coffee shop, with no coffee and no shop. Established 1990.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

4/10/2022 9:23 pm  #1

Pet... What to get... Cat vs Dog

White vs Black........... Male vs Female.......... Gay vs Straight.......... Elephant vs Donkey
What this country needs is a clear divide to develop enough hate to keep us warm in winter.
How about Cat vs Dog? Here's the choice...

Clearly sociopaths and psychopaths would choose cat.
Kind, Sagacious, empathetic people would choose a doig.
People choosing both are suspect of enjoying watching the dog tortured by the cat,
and probably pull the wings from insects plus stealing candy from babies.

Take that to the bank.

Freedom is just another word for nothin' left to lose.

4/11/2022 1:59 pm  #2

Re: Pet... What to get... Cat vs Dog

Dog.

That is all.

4/11/2022 2:50 pm  #3

Dog.

When did a cat ever guide a blind person, herd livestock, detect cancer, warn of danger or track a missing person?

I rest my case.

4/11/2022 2:56 pm  #4

Toxoplasma gondii.

no thanks

4/11/2022 6:01 pm  #5

I don't care about Toxoplasma gondii. I prefer to share my house with Cats.

I Love my country, I fear the government.

4/11/2022 10:13 pm  #6

Carruthers wrote:

Dog.

When did a cat ever guide a blind person, herd livestock, detect cancer, warn of danger or track a missing person?

I rest my case.

Quite.  Cats just get the job done (if it needs doing) and don't fuck about waiting for applause. 

You never hear about true heroes until they're gone.

The most difficult thing is the decision to act, the rest is merely tenacity  Amelia Earhart

4/12/2022 5:55 am  #7

We have both. These are our last cats. Get this, they shit in a box which humans then clean. Ridiculous. Of course so far this Aussie's bladder is no better than a cats. Maybe Benny the border is the only suitable pet.

If you would only recognize that life is hard, things would be so much easier for you. - Louis Brandeis

4/12/2022 6:03 am  #8

I don't care about Toxoplasma gondii. I prefer to share my house with Cats.

I Love my country, I fear the government.

4/12/2022 6:22 am  #9

griff wrote:

We have both. These are our last cats. Get this, they shit in a box which humans then clean. Ridiculous. Of course so far this Aussie's bladder is no better than a cats. Maybe Benny the border is the only suitable pet.

I never had a litter box for my cats; they were housebroken. The trick is to get your cats from a kill shelter the day they are to be executed. They know. All they need is a reminder; a sideways glance from you to correct their behavior.

Plus, you can leave them for a few days on their own and they won't burn the house down.

Hey! That's me up there!

4/12/2022 3:46 pm  #10

Ours went outside, no litter box, and when we moved here I altered a cellar window so they could go out on their own
Had to close it when they started dragging their catch into the cellar to kill it.
You wouldn't believe how much blood in a rabbit. 

4/12/2022 4:28 pm  #11

I have a BIG yard and my cat has not used her box in about a year.
Out problem is whether she spends night outdoors or in.
She can go in and out all day, but the damn raccoons, possums and skunks can do the same thing at night.  Two skunks that couldn't get back out one night are the last ones ever, 
So it is all night out or all night in, decision for up to 9 hours made immutable at bed time.
The bobcat that ate her siblings has not been back for two years as far as I know.
At least it is getting warmer.

4/12/2022 5:40 pm  #12

footfootfoot wrote:

griff wrote:

I never had a litter box for my cats; they were housebroken. The trick is to get your cats from a kill shelter the day they are to be executed. They know. All they need is a reminder; a sideways glance from you to correct their behavior.

Plus, you can leave them for a few days on their own and they won't burn the house down.

I appreciate your attitude.

If you would only recognize that life is hard, things would be so much easier for you. - Louis Brandeis

4/12/2022 5:52 pm  #13

Good performance in the sit/stay department when I crossed the road to get the mail yesterday. Let's see a cat do that!

4/12/2022 8:36 pm  #14

I am not a fan of the lit box, and ours will not use it when they can go outside, but here they can't be out at night (coyotes) or in the dead of winter (frostbite/bajillion feet of snow) and we can't have a self access door because never mind the volume of blood a rabbit has.... skunks. ugh.  In the UK, our last cats managed to get a live pigeon through the cat flap and under a bed where it promptly shat itself to kingdom come on the nasty 70s shag pile carpet generously installed a bajillion years earlier by some slum landlord or other....  ...that was a fun clean-up.  and the disected squirrels and blackbirds.... yeah.  but dogs? bitey slobbery, bitey and scary.  And I'd rather have a minion clean the lit tray than pick up poop in a bag. :D

Last edited by monster (4/12/2022 8:37 pm)

The most difficult thing is the decision to act, the rest is merely tenacity  Amelia Earhart

4/13/2022 1:20 am  #15

Right on pig, you get an A+

4/13/2022 12:07 pm  #16

Pig often earns A's.

4/13/2022 1:46 pm  #17

That theology teacher once worked in Dilbert's engineering company.

Board footera