cellar2007a
The Cellar: a friendly neighborhood coffee shop, with no coffee and no shop. Established 1990.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

4/12/2022 2:45 pm  #1

Hai

Just checking in -

I've been in a particularly unsociable mood of late (actually took a couple of weeks off work with stress about a month ago. It's still stressful at work, but I'm coping better now ) so that coupled with the migraines means I just haven't had the mental wherewithal to interact of an evening after work. 

Am feeling a little less hermitlike right now - probably because we have sunlight and the days are getting longer again. That's the downside of being as far North as we are - winter is a dark time, with sunset as early as 3:30-4pm in December, but the upside comes when it's still light out at 9 or 10pm in Summer. 

Not much new with me - I got a payrise which was nice. They did a rationalisation exercise across the business and increased our baseline before they applied the 3 % raise, which has just about saved me from disaster given the sudden hike in energy and food costs - if it had just been the 3% I'd have been in dire straits. 

Carrot is still his Carrotty self - he had that nasty stomach bug that's been hitting dogs but seems to have recovered.  I am still trying to get him back onto proper food, but it's hard because he really liked the chicken and rice!

Hope youse are all doing well

Last edited by DanaC (4/12/2022 2:45 pm)

4/12/2022 3:13 pm  #2

Re: Hai

Hi, I was worried about you when I didn't get a response from your birthday greeting. Glad you're doing better..

Freedom is just another word for nothin' left to lose.

4/12/2022 5:43 pm  #3

I'm glad things are coming around. Good to see ya!

If you would only recognize that life is hard, things would be so much easier for you. - Louis Brandeis

4/13/2022 3:02 pm  #4

greetings and salutations . . . it's okay to hibernate sometimes

signature s c h m i g n a t u r e

4/13/2022 3:19 pm  #5

Thanks guys  

@ Bruce - yeah that was crappy of me not to get in touch. For the record, your card was awesome.

4/13/2022 4:54 pm  #6

Nice to see you around, Dana!

4/13/2022 6:37 pm  #7

High Dana.

I Love my country, I fear the government.

4/14/2022 8:35 am  #8

Hai Dana

4/14/2022 8:19 pm  #9

Crescent Fresh Dana!

Hey! That's me up there!

Board footera