cellar2007a
The Cellar: a friendly neighborhood coffee shop, with no coffee and no shop. Established 1990.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

9/13/2021 6:52 am  #51

Re: ADK

We did trail building on the new place over the weekend, had dinner with the neighbors and a retired priest who lives up there, chatted up a local electrician securing a mountain bike invitation, and got log home info in Plattsburgh. Busy fun. I probably need to do a rock photo journey through the place...

Ever feel like you're actions are being monitored?

If you would only recognize that life is hard, things would be so much easier for you. - Louis Brandeis

9/13/2021 6:59 am  #52

Pete is mucking around with the Avenza app. Here is the trail and actual house site over the old information.

The titanium coffee press got used a couple different ways. It seems to taste best when you pour the hot water over the grind rather than boiling everything cowboy style.

If you would only recognize that life is hard, things would be so much easier for you. - Louis Brandeis

9/13/2021 2:25 pm  #53

There's a fire lookout tower on the property?  I don't remember you mentioning  that before.

9/14/2021 5:49 am  #54

Lol! The guy who showed Pete how to use the app had apparently dropped that there and since it was on a tiny phone screen she never noticed. No tower.

10/24/2021 8:07 pm  #55

Another Northern weekend...
The view from Iron Mountain towards Giant Mountain Wilderness. The trailhead is 2 miles from the new place.

10/25/2021 1:18 pm  #56

Yo, man, what's dat you got growin' ouotcho head???

These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA, EPA, FBI, DEA, CDC, or FDIC. These statements are not intended to diagnose, cause, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. If you feel you have been harmed/offended by, or, disagree with any of the above statements or images, please feel free to fuck right off.

10/25/2021 5:07 pm  #57

Apparently, I was a little horny.

5/02/2022 6:25 am  #58

Weekend up North was very successful. I cut through the big falls which had been making the hill climb kinda tough. We installed facilities to handle the human business. We plotted our final section of river trail and relaxxxxxxxxed.

Last edited by griff (5/02/2022 6:34 am)

5/02/2022 6:29 am  #59

Good breathing by the river.

5/02/2022 6:33 am  #60

A bit of exploring.

5/02/2022 6:40 am  #61

The next mountain over is Otis. It's home to a once a year music festival and Sunday morning Dirt Church for the mountain bike community. I have secured my invitation.

https://otismountain.com/

5/09/2022 1:09 am  #62

I don't know, with all those stoned hippies you could see a outbreak of peace and nudity.

Freedom is just another word for nothin' left to lose.

5/09/2022 5:44 am  #63

That would be a damn shame.

5/14/2022 5:03 pm  #64

Forewarned is forearmed, just have a video camera ready so you can give us an accurate report. 

5/31/2022 6:16 am  #65

Memorial Day Weekend: We roughed out the trail to the river. It turns out the path we chose makes for a nice walk.

Owls Head in The Giant Mountain Wilderness was spectacular.

5/31/2022 6:22 am  #66

5/31/2022 6:27 am  #67

Beautiful.

I Love my country, I fear the government.

5/31/2022 6:55 pm  #68

griff wrote:

Memorial Day Weekend: We roughed out the trail to the river. It turns out the path we chose makes for a nice walk.

You gonna pave that and make a bike lane to protect walkers? LoL

6/01/2022 6:08 am  #69

I'm going to have to fund a study on that. Probably need signals and crosswalks as well.

6/01/2022 6:16 pm  #70

10 foot contours? What is this sorcery?

Hey! That's me up there!

6/02/2022 6:17 am  #71

Little G got me a trail building tool for Christmas. Sorcery indeed.

6/09/2022 11:22 am  #72

What keeps that trail from becoming mud, or even washing out?

11/21/2022 7:22 am  #73

Super sandy soil drains really well. The bench cut also has a couple little drain areas just in case. It was still solid over the weekend when we got down to the river.

11/21/2022 7:43 am  #74

We went winter camping this weekend at the ADK place and climbed Hurricane Mountain. Benny kissed a lot of Canadians on the trail, being our goodwill ambassador. They were on-leash almost all day but the final scramble works best when they pick their own lines.

My buddy fell off a roof and got airlifted to Albany so we had to pick up his car at the little medical center in Speculator. Since no good deed goes unpunished, here is the radar of what we drove through. lol Modern life is nice, we stopped the caravan during the white out and checked the radar. We took route 12 to Utica which got us out of the teeth of the thing. Summer tires check, unfamiliar car check, white out conditions check. My buddy is doing well, jaw wired shut is his biggest complaint but his wife seemed ok with it. ;) We received two loaves of some pretty amazing bread so I'd say it was worth it.

11/21/2022 12:55 pm  #75

Watertown jumped off that map at me:  Camp (now Fort) Drum, Jan-Mar, 1966. Never felt anything but cold.

Board footera