cellar2007a
The Cellar: a friendly neighborhood coffee shop, with no coffee and no shop. Established 1990.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

5/02/2022 1:36 am  #276

Re: Got Cars

Sure he could out the front he only needs a foot or so high, may have more between the wheels of the top car. Just has to see the road, none of the overhead lights and signs back then, plus minimal traffic.
Those rigs evolved as needed... or later. LoL

Freedom is just another word for nothin' left to lose.

5/03/2022 6:49 pm  #277

Vision out the truck is nothing, especially when ya hafta crawl through that spare tire to get into the cab...

These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA, EPA, FBI, DEA, CDC, or FDIC. These statements are not intended to diagnose, cause, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. If you feel you have been harmed/offended by, or, disagree with any of the above statements or images, please feel free to fuck right off.

5/03/2022 6:57 pm  #278

These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA, EPA, FBI, DEA, CDC, or FDIC. These statements are not intended to diagnose, cause, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. If you feel you have been harmed/offended by, or, disagree with any of the above statements or images, please feel free to fuck right off.

5/05/2022 12:23 pm  #279

TheNeverWas:I like that car hauler.
I also like that the photo posting system you use does not require Google Chrome  to view.

5/05/2022 7:39 pm  #280

It's just hot-linked from a Google Image Search.

Glad ya can see it, though.

5/09/2022 1:50 am  #281

TheNeverWas wrote:

Vision out the truck is nothing, especially when ya hafta crawl through that spare tire to get into the cab...

No no, the cab door is behind the spare, and the bottom of the rail holding the green car is even with the top of the side window. The space between the rails over the truck hood is even higher.

Last edited by xoxoxoBruce (5/09/2022 1:51 am)

5/09/2022 1:57 am  #282

Some head scratchers...

5/14/2022 7:48 pm  #283

This is a beauty, smooth, clean and functional, two years before the Ranchero...

5/14/2022 10:15 pm  #284

I mighta made a mistake.  I made a guy a ridiculously low offer for a vehicle.

I think he's gonna take it.

Last edited by TheNeverWas (5/14/2022 10:15 pm)

5/15/2022 3:21 pm  #285

He took it.

Damn, I just bought another vehicle.

5/15/2022 9:37 pm  #286

Post some pics.  Do all the windows work on this one? 

5/16/2022 2:37 pm  #287

Ya know, I never tried 'em!  It was hot the day I drove it.  Haven't taken ownership just yet, hopefully this week sometime.  We're dancing around each other's schedules.

But here's what it is:

It has the dreaded 3.6 that, well, let's just say that they are not without their issues (in general, not mine in particular).  Not the least of which is timing chain stretch.  But, I made my low ball offer so that I could deal with that ($800 - $1500 fix) at least and still be pretty well in the money.  Even if I have to fix four windows and a sunroff, I'm still good, I think.  Big ol' sunroof, btw.

I did not intend to buy this vehicle, but I've been looking for something else since I'm traveling pretty regularly to doctors' offices, and hospitals, and Cherry Bomb just does not travel very far with confidence anymore.  I'm tired of using the 'rents' Jeep and their Buick off and on endlessly to get where I need to go out of town.  But, in any case, looks like I got a Caddy now.

Last edited by TheNeverWas (5/16/2022 2:39 pm)

5/16/2022 2:40 pm  #288

I've had several Cadilac's and they where all good cars.

I Love my country, I fear the government.

5/19/2022 8:57 pm  #289

ain't nothin lackin...

well done, well done.

Be Just And Fear Not

5/20/2022 3:57 am  #290

Sure is pretty but that's a lot of polishing surface. Maybe you can train the squirrels to dust and polish with their tails. LoL.
Car prices are nuts, used cars went up 43% in a year, so of course does insurance.
Might be a good time to grab a caddy while fuel is up.

I stumbled on this Chevy pickup that sold at Mecum before the pandemic.
Chrome wheels and looks pristine, but it's a long bed and not very exciting paint.
So unless the steering wheel is solid gold I can't fathom the price.

5/20/2022 6:28 am  #291

TheNeverWas wrote:

Ya know, I never tried 'em!  It was hot the day I drove it.  Haven't taken ownership just yet, hopefully this week sometime.  We're dancing around each other's schedules.

But here's what it is:

Congrats! I hope she serves you well.

If you would only recognize that life is hard, things would be so much easier for you. - Louis Brandeis

5/21/2022 2:26 pm  #292

Heh, me and you both, brother.

Ain't nothing gonna be cheap on this thing.

I can't come up with a name for this one.  I'm leaning toward 'Scarlet', but I'm not really wild about that one.

5/21/2022 4:25 pm  #293

TheNeverWas wrote:

I can't come up with a name for this one.  I'm leaning toward 'Scarlet', but I'm not really wild about that one.

The Red Baron?

5/22/2022 11:15 am  #294

How about Caddiesh Hack and go to work for Uber? 

5/22/2022 12:23 pm  #295

The Scarlet Pimpernel?

5/22/2022 9:28 pm  #296

Red Wiggler? It is the Cadillac of worms…

5/23/2022 6:06 am  #297

Maybe Red Sahara I? You'd need to dig up some neoprene tires.

Last edited by griff (5/23/2022 6:06 am)

If you would only recognize that life is hard, things would be so much easier for you. - Louis Brandeis

5/24/2022 11:24 am  #298

Took actual possession this past Wednesday.  Who knew it could be so hard to get two ppl in the same place at the same time for 15 minutes?

Here is my particular 2008 Cadillac SRX:

It's some kinda performance/sport version.  Lots o' buttons...And they all work!  Mostly,  The heated steering wheel doesn't.  Heat, that is.  The passenger side rear door doesn't unlock every time.  May be just a fuse and a dirty actuator.  Fingers crossed.  Huge power sunroof, and shade.  Black leather.  Beautiful wood, real, too, I think.  But an awful lot of hard plastic, more than I would have been happy with had I bought this thing new.  Runs good.  Speedo registers 160.  Tach redlines at 6500.

I'm just the third owner.  Guy who bought it new was a transfer pilot (I think that's what Owner #2 said) who only used it to drive to airports where he had to fly somebody's plane somewhere.  He was 92 when he decided he didn't need to drive anymore, and sold it to Owner #2, who has had it the last two yrs.  #2 is a neat freak machinist who works in a local machine shop, I've been inside it before, and this shop is cleaner than most operating rooms.  The car is so clean inside, and not just for a 14 yr old car.  It's rly clean.

No mechanical issues as of yet.  Odometer is showing 106k, and the manual calls for transmission fluid/filter change at 100k, as well as spark plugs, and antifreeze/coolant change and flush.  We'll see.  I probably won't touch nothing til something fails or breaks.

Last edited by TheNeverWas (5/24/2022 11:27 am)

5/24/2022 11:30 am  #299

I own a Cadillac.

5/24/2022 11:43 am  #300

Caddys have always had lots of buttons and switches working little automatic gizmos.
Good luck with your new ride,

Board footera