cellar2007a
The Cellar: a friendly neighborhood coffee shop, with no coffee and no shop. Established 1990.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

1/31/2022 10:14 pm  #76

Re: What's more current than the weather

What does any body know about the cold.

I Love my country, I fear the government.

1/31/2022 10:20 pm  #77

was freezing this morning, and it felt like it.  a chance of an inch of snow for tomorrow's ride. brrrrrr.

Be Just And Fear Not

1/31/2022 11:33 pm  #78

fargon wrote:

What does any body know about the cold.

My  body tole me stoppit.

I did parkrun on Saturday including set up, temp was -17C -somewhere around 0 of your old-timey degrees.  Three pairs of glubs ....but 4 fingers suffered damage.  Tonight (Monday evening) three are recovered and the 4th looks fine but is still not impressed with my choices.

The most difficult thing is the decision to act, the rest is merely tenacity  Amelia Earhart

2/01/2022 7:21 am  #79

It's supposed to warm up here so we're looking at a very messy Thursday.

If you would only recognize that life is hard, things would be so much easier for you. - Louis Brandeis

2/01/2022 5:49 pm  #80

We've got a winter storm coming in on Thursday with ice and sleet. Shouldn't be too bad overall, but after last year's energy grid debacle, everyone is suffering from "fool me once" syndrome. The grocery store was packed with people today loading up on water.

2/02/2022 7:00 am  #81

Good luck Clod!

If you would only recognize that life is hard, things would be so much easier for you. - Louis Brandeis

2/04/2022 9:38 am  #82

'Bout ⅛" of ice on urrthang this morning.

Urrthang 'cept CherryBomb, put her under the carport last night.

These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA, EPA, FBI, DEA, CDC, or FDIC. These statements are not intended to diagnose, cause, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. If you feel you have been harmed/offended by, or, disagree with any of the above statements or images, please feel free to fuck right off.

3/12/2022 11:07 am  #83

Woke up this morning to 17 degrees and 3" of snow.

Brr.

These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA, EPA, FBI, DEA, CDC, or FDIC. These statements are not intended to diagnose, cause, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. If you feel you have been harmed/offended by, or, disagree with any of the above statements or images, please feel free to fuck right off.

3/13/2022 5:52 am  #84

At 4 AM when i lit the fire it was 28F and dry.

I Love my country, I fear the government.

6/16/2022 7:56 am  #85

RF 30 minutes ago...

Gonna be a long day, Tater...

Last edited by TheNeverWas (6/16/2022 7:57 am)

6/16/2022 12:40 pm  #86

TheNeverWas wrote:

RF 30 minutes ago...

Gonna be a long day, Tater...

It's been 30C/86F here this afternoon and forecast to be in the region of 33-34C tomorrow and Saturday.
I find it very wearing so not looking forward to the next couple of days.
The current blast has its origins in Spain where it has been over 40C this week.
The only thing I am looking forward to at present is the possibility of a good thunderstorm on Sunday.
The trouble is that when a belt of storms moves up from France it usually hits London then splits in two so Oxford and Luton get a downpour and we, in the middle, get four-fifths of the square root of nowt.

6/16/2022 4:37 pm  #87

We lit the fire today because it's raining, damp, dreich, and around 14 degrees outside (that's round 57 of your Amurrican ones).

Living life on the edge.

6/16/2022 4:59 pm  #88

Limey wrote:

We lit the fire today because it's raining, damp, dreich, and around 14 degrees outside (that's round 57 of your Amurrican ones).

Wanna swap?

Please!

6/16/2022 5:43 pm  #89

Tornado watch here.

6/16/2022 6:10 pm  #90

Hot as balls. And the A/C system at work needs a complete overhaul, which is tentatively scheduled for the first week in July. Ha ha.

6/17/2022 6:05 am  #91

Good luck getting any service work done!

6/17/2022 8:49 am  #92

Last year, many contractors were ordering HVAC units in March for delivery in October.  Hopefully, for you, a supply chain has improved.

7/05/2022 11:06 am  #93

This was at 10:45 this am:

'S gonna be another long day, Tater....

7/05/2022 5:43 pm  #94

That's uncalled for!

7/05/2022 6:29 pm  #95

Temp on top here at 4 pm

7/19/2022 1:15 pm  #96

For the second day on the trot the temperature reached 38C/100F this afternoon.
The heat has been building over the past week or so and has its origins in Spain and Portugal where serious forest fires have broken out.
It seems that the worst may be over which suits me down to the ground.
I just hope that we don't get a repeat performance in the coming weeks of summer.

Amongst all the advice about how to deal with the heat was that dogs shouldn't be walked in the hottest part of the day.
Always being willing to do as I'm told, my canine guest and I only ventured out for reasons of personal comfort. The dog's, not mine.

Just as we were about to go down the steps into the back garden I spotted movement in the middle of the lawn and instinctively grabbed the dog's collar.
It was a large Grass Snake about three feet long. It casually wended its way under the Buddleia and disappeared from sight.

I don't know if the excessive heat had brought it close to the house or whether it would have put in an appearance anyway.
I mentioned it to a neighbour who said his wife had spotted it by their pond a day or two before.

They're not particularly rare but they're not exactly conspicuous either.
It's the first live specimen I've ever spotted, previously having only seen two dead examples and those were years apart.

7/19/2022 2:25 pm  #97

Man I feel sorry for you guys that is an unmanageable temperature especially with humidity. 87F here right now. I had a couple clients cancel so I rode this afternoon. The woods are a better temp but it isn't great. Tomorrow looks nasty.

7/19/2022 3:13 pm  #98

It's just after 2100 here and still 86F. Humidity is uncomfortable to say the least.

BBC News programme 'The Context' is on as I type and a grass fire just outside London has spread to a row of houses.

There's usually a US slant to the programme as it is broadcast on BBC World and the opening sequence mentioned a heat dome over part of the country with concerns that there will be record high temperatures in Texas as the week goes on.

I feel your pain!

7/20/2022 6:19 am  #99

I think you guys won this round, Texas is supposed to be hot. NEPA is too early to the 90+F game this summer though.

7/20/2022 6:58 am  #100

Yeah, the thing you have to remember about Texas (and on the flip side, we have to remember about you, when discussing relative heatwaves) is that every building in Texas has air conditioning. It's 7 AM and already 80F (26.7C) outside, but inside my house it's still lovely. People with outdoor jobs suffer, but they also get accommodated as a standard practice--our garbage service recently notified us that it was time to start putting our bins out the night before, because the workers had shifted to pre-dawn hours rather than work in the peak heat of the day.

Board footera