cellar2007a
The Cellar: a friendly neighborhood coffee shop, with no coffee and no shop. Established 1990.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

6/10/2022 7:51 am  #26

Re: 1/6

Pretty disturbing hearing last night. Bob Barr and Ivanka Tr*mp both testified that they told Tr*mp he lost and there was no significant voter fraud. The committee intends to show that this was an organized coup attempt. Approximately 250 Proud Boys (stand back and stand by) launched an organized assault. The testimony from Officer Edwards was compelling especially combined with the attack video.

If you would only recognize that life is hard, things would be so much easier for you. - Louis Brandeis

6/10/2022 8:21 am  #27

I watched too.  Powerful and well documented stuff.  It makes me wonder what the game plan is.  They said Trump's actions were "illegal and unconstitutional,"  So if they prove that, and I think they can, are they going to jail him?  Execute him?  Somehow bar him from running again?  What authority do they actually have?

6/10/2022 1:44 pm  #28

The Committee doesn't have any power. The Justice Department would seem to have as much power as it has the stomach to wield. At a minimum, he should be banned from holding office but if proven I'd like to see him in chains on a prison ship. Old Timey Offense = Old Timey Punishment.

(Bill not Bob)

If you would only recognize that life is hard, things would be so much easier for you. - Louis Brandeis

6/10/2022 3:28 pm  #29

The justice department's investigation of January 6th is already the biggest law enforcement operation in the federal government's history, so I'd hope they have at least a little stomach. Merrick Garland, whom everyone knows should be on the Supreme Court, being the Attorney General instead, and his political opposition being literal criminals that it is within his purview to prosecute, has explosive potential.

signature s c h m i g n a t u r e

6/10/2022 5:53 pm  #30

griff wrote:

At a minimum, he should be banned from holding office but if proven I'd like to see him in chains on a prison ship.

Hitler use an attack on Germany's Capitol to become a dictator.  Scary how so many, with contempt for knowledge and history, tried to do same in America.

This is causing major problems for America's overseas relationships.  So many nations note how America elects extremists, then a moderate, then another extremist, then a moderate.  And will again elect an extremist.  So many nations look at disasters such as terminating the Trans Pacific Partnership and numerous nuclear non- proliferation obligations.   Then ask why should they trust America any more?

Extremists - who declare themselves both as victims and heroes - are a major and serious threat to America.  And to American allies.

BTW, China has now applied to joint the TPP.  Since America (Trump) soured relationships with much of that alliance - using extremist rhetoric and lies.

6/22/2022 6:22 am  #31

This man is not a RINO.

6/22/2022 8:41 am  #32

RINO is the new Nazi word for Jew, Gypsy, Black, or anyone else who is inferior.

Hate recruits extremists who are emotional like a child.  Who then know that "Hang Mike Pence" is a good thing.

RINO - another four letter word - profanity.

6/22/2022 4:13 pm  #33

Whether he's a RINO or not depends on what you consider the "real" Republican party to be now.

6/28/2022 3:32 pm  #34

Anybody watching the new witness (today's 06/28 hearing)?

Trump wanted to drive to the capitol after his speech, and when his security chief told him they could not secure the movement, he tried to grab the steering wheel of the car, his security chief had to grab Trump's arm, so Trump then tried to grab him by the throat.

6/28/2022 8:14 pm  #35

Case closed. So much came out today. Watch the whole thing. Attacking his Secret Service protection was just the appetizer.

6/29/2022 6:04 am  #36

Flint wrote:

Anybody watching the new witness (today's 06/28 hearing)?

Trump wanted to drive to the capitol after his speech, and when his security chief told him they could not secure the movement, he tried to grab the steering wheel of the car, his security chief had to grab Trump's arm, so Trump then tried to grab him by the throat.

I was between meetings when she dropped that one. What a compete Holy Fuck moment. We Tivoed it so we could watch it last night.

They knew violence was coming and the President wanted the metal detectors removed for a bigger crowd shot...

There was a lot of subtle stuff like how deep individual officials were. Some were less involved, some more, and some were riding the brakes.

General Kelly plead the 5th when asked if he supported of the peaceful transition of power.

Hannity admitting the election was legit and trying to get the President to stop the riot was a surprise. Fox Entertainment should have run with that in November.

We got verification that the cabinet of sycophants actually did discuss the 25th Amendment.

6/29/2022 3:59 pm  #37

Deja vue: James McChord. or John Dean?

6/30/2022 6:20 am  #38

I wonder if the bribery and intimidation stuff is going confer mobster street cred?

6/30/2022 11:45 am  #39

Grabbing the wheel from the back seat does sound like something Donny would try.
Of course he would have had to maintain control of the SUV with his little hands all the way to the Capitol.
Does the head of the detail usually drive the car?  Seems strange.  Who else was in the car?
Even Dumbo would have known he would be saved from his brave attempt to lead the charge.

I still can see him (in maybe the same vehicle) jammed in with four or five SS guys going home from Walter Reed at the height of his Covid contagion with no mask.  If he ever had it in the first place.
Then doing Mussolini on the White House steps.  Or maybe he thought he was Patton.
And wasn't there again today,  I wish he would go away.

6/30/2022 11:56 am  #40

Have to add this.  What a comic movie could be made.
It must have been tempting to seal DJ in one of the decoys.
I wonder if he ever grabbed the controls of Marine One..
https://spyscape.com/article/7-top-secrets-about-the-beast-presidential-limo

6/30/2022 4:06 pm  #41

This is not normal and shouldn't be normalized or ignored.

7/01/2022 12:37 pm  #42

"why are you hitting yourself"

7/01/2022 5:22 pm  #43

Diaphone Jim wrote:

Grabbing the wheel from the back seat does sound like something Donny would try.

She went into a room with ketchup on the wall and broken china on the floor.  An orderly told her that Trump, in another violent rage, had thrown his lunch against the wall.  Normal behavior for an adult who is still child.

On other occasions, he is said to have yanked the entire table cloth onto a floor along with his meal.  Again, in anger. Since anger and hate is what he was taught and encouraged as a child by promoters such are Normal Vincent Peale.

Peale is known for putting a positive spin on hate.  Or what some called "blind prejudice".  He would use 'fears' to justify hypocrisy and deception.  Trump, over his entire adult life, has demonstrated these techniques and attitude.  He could shoot someone on Fifth Ave and not be prosecuted.  Unfortunately many, who love a man like that, are also inspired by fear including the KKK, Nazi, Oath Keeper, White Supremacist. Texas Freedom Foice, and  Proud Boys.  All use a positive spin to promote themselves as patriots.  Which is really nothing more than hate of others.  Since hate recruits those inspired by fear. 

Only a child throws his food across a room in anger.  Some adults (who have a 30 second attention span) are still children.  Bullies are always dangerous when inspiring so many others just like them - using hate and anger promoted as if something good and positive thinking.  Justifying an attack on the Capitol as protecting American freedoms.

Nazis (ie SS and Brownshirts) used same concepts to destroy democracy and make Hitler a dictator.  Many need not know facts.  Emotions are sufficient to justify righteousness.  How to put a postive spin on hate.

Last edited by tw (7/01/2022 5:26 pm)

7/22/2022 6:17 am  #44

A little levity last night as the Josh Hawley White Flower salute was shown back to back with his Chicken Run from the same crowd. #Hawlinass

7/22/2022 7:11 am  #45

That was amusing.  Pansy ass.

10/03/2022 6:20 am  #46

Michael Fanone doesn't have anything nice to say.

https://www.rollingstone.com/politics/politics-features/michael-fanone-jan-6-book-congress-hawley-gaetz-trump-1234589772/

“I think at night, when the lights are turned off, Abe Lincoln and Ronald Reagan have some pretty choice words to say about the fact that they have to hang on Kevin McCarthy’s wall,” Fanone states. “They did some fucking above-average things. And they’ve got to adorn the wall of this fucking weasel bitch named Kevin McCarthy, with his fake fucking spray-on tan, whose fucking claim to fame, at least in my eyes, is the fact that he amassed a collection of Donald Trump’s favorite-flavored Starburst, put them in a Mason jar, and presented them to fucking Donald Trump. What the fuck, dude?”

Last edited by griff (10/03/2022 6:22 am)

Board footera