cellar2007a
The Cellar: a friendly neighborhood coffee shop, with no coffee and no shop. Established 1990.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

7/21/2021 1:08 pm  #26

Re: Earworms. Songs stuck in your head

Damn, lead singer sounds like Geddy Lee!

These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA, EPA, FBI, DEA, CDC, or FDIC. These statements are not intended to diagnose, cause, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. If you feel you have been harmed/offended by, or, disagree with any of the above statements or images, please feel free to fuck right off.

8/03/2021 9:47 pm  #27

JFC this mofo has staying power....

The most difficult thing is the decision to act, the rest is merely tenacity  Amelia Earhart

11/18/2021 11:11 pm  #28

'bout 4 days now....

The most difficult thing is the decision to act, the rest is merely tenacity  Amelia Earhart

12/01/2021 8:19 am  #29

She was a flower for the taking
Her beauty cut just like a knife [<--that's a great line]
He was a banker from Macon
He swore he'd love her all a his life
He bought her a mansion on the mountain
With a formal garden and a lot of land
But paradise became her prison
That Georgia banker was a jealous manEvery time he'd talk about her
You could see the fire in his eyes
He'd say, "I would walk through Hell on Sunday
To keep my Rose in ParadiseHe hired a man to tend the garden
To keep an eye on her while he was gone
Some say they ran away together
Some say that gardener left alone
Now the banker is an old man
That mansion's crumbling down
He sits all day and stares at the garden
Not a trace of her was ever foundEvery time he talks about her
You can see the fire in his eyes
He says, "I would walk through Hell on Sunday
To keep my Rose in ParadiseNow there's a rose out in the garden
Its beauty cuts just like a knife
They say that it even grows in the winter time
And blooms in the dead of the night

These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA, EPA, FBI, DEA, CDC, or FDIC. These statements are not intended to diagnose, cause, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. If you feel you have been harmed/offended by, or, disagree with any of the above statements or images, please feel free to fuck right off.

12/01/2021 8:21 am  #30

I can't edit the above post.  Nothing shows in the edit box.
The lyrics were copy/pasted, maybe that's why?

12/01/2021 9:30 am  #31

Weird.  I tried to edit it too, just to see.  And there is nothing to edit.

1/29/2022 7:47 am  #32

1/29/2022 8:32 am  #33

If you would only recognize that life is hard, things would be so much easier for you. - Louis Brandeis

3/12/2022 11:04 am  #34

Man, would have ever looked at this guy and recognized him as Everlast?

Dis been in m'haid since I posted my recenrt liquor store post:

4/08/2022 9:13 pm  #35

I have no idea why this is firmly wedged ...but at least I do actually like it. Been a week or so now....

4/09/2022 7:26 am  #36

After hearing this covered live, it's been in and out of my head.

If you would only recognize that life is hard, things would be so much easier for you. - Louis Brandeis

4/09/2022 10:48 pm  #37

griff wrote:

After hearing this covered live, it's been in and out of my head.

That one can get stuck in there real good. Had it in my head for a couple of months..

signature s c h m i g n a t u r e

5/10/2022 9:16 pm  #38

I like old country music.  Not Hank Williams Sr-old, but Merle Haggard-old, George Jones-old, Johnny Cash-old.  But, not all of it, no, the honky tonk stuff from around the late 60s-early 70s.

I woke up this morning with this song in m'head.  Well, I woke up with the title, and that's all I could come up with.  I struggled trying to find the lyrics (in m'head), till I went half-loony, and got up to hit teh YouTube.  And damn, what a honky tonk song.  Classic.  And awesome, for an old country song, just great.

Still Doin' Time by George Jones

This was a #1 for ol' Possum.  His 8th.

5/10/2022 9:18 pm  #39

And it's still in there.

Firmly.

5/10/2022 9:22 pm  #40

Also this:

I think it was Griff what turned me on to this one a good while back.

How long did you last before your foot was tapping?  I made it to the first "sunofabitch"...

6/12/2022 7:38 am  #41

Been watching Troppo on FreeVee (formerly IMDBTV) and it's theme song gets stuck in my head every time I watch.  Thank God I just finished it, season 1 anyway.  Maybe the song will leave now.

It's by John Pyke, and as far as I can tell, that's all there is.

7/02/2022 6:48 pm  #42

7/02/2022 8:29 pm  #43

TheNeverWas wrote:

Also this:

I think it was Griff what turned me on to this one a good while back.

How long did you last before your foot was tapping?  I made it to the first "sunofabitch"...

Intercepted!

I'll take the credit regardless where its deserved.

You're welcome.

Be Just And Fear Not

7/24/2022 9:39 pm  #44

It is my own damn fault.... this had been stuck all fucking week.....

7/27/2022 11:32 am  #45

That is a dangerous song to listen to, less of an ear worm, more of an ear snake

Listen to this it'll knock it out of your head:
Fair warning it is in Mongolian but the closed captions are very good.

Also- take it fullscreen because the video looks gorgeous

This song is currently living rent free in my head most of the time 

Last edited by DanaC (7/27/2022 11:38 am)

7/27/2022 11:44 am  #46

I love this Band.

I Love my country, I fear the government.

7/27/2022 4:34 pm  #47

This is stuck:

NSFW lyrics,  btw...

I'll not say why it's there.

Last edited by TheNeverWas (7/27/2022 4:37 pm)

7/27/2022 4:34 pm  #48

Okay, this is fantastic. I did not know I needed Mongol Metal.

7/27/2022 5:13 pm  #49

I've been listening to The HU band all day and watching their videos. I will be buying a CD soon.

7/27/2022 5:46 pm  #50

I just ordered the CD The Gereg from amazon.

Board footera