cellar2007a
The Cellar: a friendly neighborhood coffee shop, with no coffee and no shop. Established 1990.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

9/07/2022 8:45 pm  #1

Pretty Sure my boss is unaware....

of the euphemism, but you never know....

Email I found returning to work on Tuesday after the 4-day weekend we had......

The most difficult thing is the decision to act, the rest is merely tenacity  Amelia Earhart

9/08/2022 1:23 pm  #2

Re: Pretty Sure my boss is unaware....

OK, I'll ask, what euphemism? 

Freedom is just another word for nothin' left to lose.

9/08/2022 2:56 pm  #3

C U Next Tuesday …..

Living life on the edge.

9/08/2022 9:49 pm  #4

That's a stretch. Who takes the first letter of words in a sentence and try to make words from them... besides CIA cryptographers? 

9/08/2022 10:57 pm  #5

It's a fairly well known "prissy" way of referring to 'the c word' around here...... and everywhere, apparently,  if you google it....

The most difficult thing is the decision to act, the rest is merely tenacity  Amelia Earhart

9/09/2022 1:02 am  #6

Good grief, maybe the Michigan band spread it around.
Does see you next thursday count or does it have to be tuesday?
Here abouts we call a cunt a cunt.

9/09/2022 6:32 am  #7

Ha! I completely missed that.

If you would only recognize that life is hard, things would be so much easier for you. - Louis Brandeis

9/09/2022 4:30 pm  #8

xoxoxoBruce wrote:

Here abouts we call a cunt a cunt.

heard.  all about that.  But I learned (mostly because my kids also enjoy using the word and their teachers and coaches not so much) that this is one way people refer to it if they are uncomfortable saying it.  I still cannot believe how much people here flinch when they hear it. 

9/11/2022 12:47 pm  #9

Apparently in Australia it’s an often used word for someone they don’t like of both sexes.
I guess that’s one of the things a group like gamers, texters, hobbyists have among their group.
The story Google came up with of a lawyer saying it to an unaware CA judge. Then someone clued in the judge and she dumped on the lawyer later. Seems such a non sequitur to throw that phrase into a serious courtroom dialog, but maybe the judge noticed and mentioned it later to whoever clued her in.

Board footera