cellar2007a
The Cellar: a friendly neighborhood coffee shop, with no coffee and no shop. Established 1990.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

9/16/2022 11:44 pm  #1

rant :D

Over the last few days, I've heard/read a few news stories about women being arrested/charged for exposing their boobs in public.  Even when covered in body paint.  "My children shouldn't have to see that" "I don't want my children exposed to that?  Why not?  What in the fuck do you think is going to happen?

And then.....very respectable traditional good christian families yada yada are proudly posting pictures of their high school daughters being the half-time entertainment while the football team takes a break from the most important school event...doing the fucking cancan.   OK, that dance does require athletic ability, but that's not what it screams ....especially not when your (U18) daughters are wearing undergarments providing no more coverage than a swimsuit.

Make your fucking minds up.  Are bodies OK or not?  

And all that barely touching the sexism issue here....... You don't value your daughter by applauding their use as entertainment whilst the menfolk take a break. etc.no matter how bloody awesome the performance is.  Why yes, of course I know guys can be on pompon and chicks can be on the football team -but on the rare occasions it happens, the guy gets to wear pants and the girl just comes on, kicks the ball better than her male teammates could, then sits down again.

The most difficult thing is the decision to act, the rest is merely tenacity  Amelia Earhart

9/17/2022 7:00 am  #2

Re: rant :D

When I was young I saw my Mother breast Feeding my siblings, and never thought a thing about it. Now I guess that's illegal.

I Love my country, I fear the government.

9/17/2022 7:26 am  #3

We are a weird society, more patriarchal and misogynist than Christian. I always told my girls I preferred if they actually do something than cheer for the boys doing something. With all the bullying, High School football always seemed to be more about enforcing societal norms than anything else. Which may explain why the freakout around black guys kneeling.

If you would only recognize that life is hard, things would be so much easier for you. - Louis Brandeis

9/17/2022 3:43 pm  #4

griff wrote:

..black guys kneeling...

Look at me!  Look at meee!!!

These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA, EPA, FBI, DEA, CDC, or FDIC. These statements are not intended to diagnose, cause, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. If you feel you have been harmed/offended by, or, disagree with any of the above statements or images, please feel free to fuck right off.

9/17/2022 10:45 pm  #5

griff wrote:

We are a weird society, more patriarchal and misogynist than Christian. .

(hence my lower case c -not to offend Christians, but to acknowledge the .... ?abuse/misappropration  of values? gong on?  

The most difficult thing is the decision to act, the rest is merely tenacity  Amelia Earhart

Board footera