cellar2007a
The Cellar: a friendly neighborhood coffee shop, with no coffee and no shop. Established 1990.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

9/29/2022 1:09 am  #1

CO2

CO2
It has been my understanding that the Green movement is to remove as much carbon dioxide from the air as possible. No, make that remove humans adding more CO2 to the air as possible.
One step is moving to electric cars which will help but is not without expensive problems. Another biggie is making cement but there are some promising although expensive developments on that front.

Then an article in TIME Magazine warns of a CO2 shortage. What?
There are “factories” in the US that make CO2, not as a byproduct of manufacture, CO2 as the product.
Also Jackson Dome, an extinct volcano in Mississippi, where they drill carbon dioxide wells.
Why?
Breweries, especially small craft brewers to carbonate the beer and push it from keg to tap. Soda pop too.
CO2 helps rapidly chill frozen food, it makes dry ice, and for humanely slaughtering animals.
There’s a whole lot of CO2ing going on.

Freedom is just another word for nothin' left to lose.

10/19/2022 7:57 pm  #2

Re: CO2

Monday I was following a tank truck in local traffic. I first noticed him because he was going much slower than traffic normally moves. It didn't look like the tank trucks that move petroleum and sewage when the tank is full width. This had a smaller diameter tank with a walkway a couple feet wide all the way around. It was carrying Carbon Dioxide, probably in liquid form, going around filling customers tanks. Now all that CO2 will end up in the air... intentionally.

10/19/2022 8:40 pm  #3

Why?  Because it's cheaper to get CO2 from those sources than to extract and purify it from exhaust.

10/19/2022 8:53 pm  #4

Sure, takes lots of large expensive equipment to separate and purify to food grade so it has to be done on a big scale.
Cheaper to pull it in a near useable form.

Board footera