cellar2007a
The Cellar: a friendly neighborhood coffee shop, with no coffee and no shop. Established 1990.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

11/05/2022 7:14 pm  #1

Fuck-tober

Let me catch all of you up on all the shit.  Not all the shit, just all the shit I can share with you, my family of choice.  Sorry in advance for my absence and tardiness.  I'm sorry.

F U C K I N G   O C T O B E R .

2020 was bad. 10/2022 was worse.

First, SonofV had a(nother) seizure.  Went to the hospital. heh.... was at the hospital when the seizure struck.  New employer, same job, new site, ... wait for it... he patrols a hospital.. where he had the seizure.  Kismet, Karma, Koincidence?  DON'T CARE. They had the anti-seizure meds in him inside of 60 seconds of the seizure. THANK YOU.  A couple nights in the hospital.  Then home, he's ok, thank you baby jeebus.

Caught my breath.

Twil into the hospital, notified by text message while at work.

?!?!?!?!?!?  !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This was the start of a two week stay.  There, that's a few words that completely desiccates the day by day dripping agony of the experience.  She suffered internal bleeding to the degree that multiple blood transfusions were required.  "lost half her blood volume" was a sentence pronounced by the medical staff.  Sadness, urine, fear, not an unholy trinity, STILL SUCKS.  After an eternity in the hospital, she was discharged on a Friday. 

YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Saturday was awesome.

Sunday morning, call from the hospital.  My Mom is in the Intermediate care ward.  Truck, ferry, parking, hospital.  Then Mom died on Tuesday.

Since then everything has been fucked up.  I'm still fucked up.  I'm working on the paperwork now.  I haven't finished processing anything.

I'm just still fucked up. 

Be Just And Fear Not

11/05/2022 7:50 pm  #2

Re: Fuck-tober

Sorry for everything, losing Mom sucks.

I Love my country, I fear the government.

11/05/2022 7:52 pm  #3

Damn, V.  Take a fucking beat, dude.  All that is just the fucking suck.  I got nothing here for ya, wishing so bad I had something for ya.  I'm so sorry about Mom.

These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA, EPA, FBI, DEA, CDC, or FDIC. These statements are not intended to diagnose, cause, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. If you feel you have been harmed/offended by, or, disagree with any of the above statements or images, please feel free to fuck right off.

11/06/2022 7:32 am  #4

Damn. That is too many dominoes. I'm sorry for your loss brother.

Your son working at a hospital feels like a blessing. I wish Twill a strong recovery.

If you would only recognize that life is hard, things would be so much easier for you. - Louis Brandeis

11/06/2022 9:52 am  #5

Holy shit, dude. No one deserves all that, let alone all that in quick succession. I hope you find some peace soon.

11/06/2022 12:32 pm  #6

You guys are the best.  Thank you all for being my friends.  Priceless, just priceless.

Be Just And Fear Not

11/06/2022 7:02 pm  #7

I'm so sorry bout your Mom, V.  All of it is more than a person can reasonably be expected to deal with.

11/08/2022 3:54 am  #8

Oh V! How bloody terrible. That is way too much for a person to bear.

Living life on the edge.

11/13/2022 8:45 pm  #9

Sorry to hear that.

11/15/2022 9:04 pm  #10

Damn, are you being tested by some deity, that's way to much to drop on someone.
It would be reasonable to assume it can't get worse, almost guaranteed to get better now.
But we know that's bullshit, all you can do is keep plugging, hoping, and healing.

Oh, and keep a stiff upper lip when people bestow their "thoughts and prayers" on you.

Freedom is just another word for nothin' left to lose.

Board footera