cellar2007a
The Cellar: a friendly neighborhood coffee shop, with no coffee and no shop. Established 1990.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

11/26/2022 5:27 pm  #1

Is Necessity the Mother of Invention?

Necessity the mother of invention, is a phrase I've been hearing my whole life, but in recent years I've questioned it.
Whose necessity?
Seems the more normal progression these days is come up with and improvement, or at least change, to something that exists, and a massive ad campaign to convince people it's a necessity.

There is no splash back if you hit the down slope at a low angle but this works too.
They were given 13 minutes on the last day of the conference(Tuesday) to make their presentation.

I wonder what Mabel Song contributed?
Maybe she contributed the necessity of all the saintly women who clean up after us.

Freedom is just another word for nothin' left to lose.

11/26/2022 7:46 pm  #2

Re: Is Necessity the Mother of Invention?

Necessity & The Mother of Invention?!  Nah, dog, you've misunderstood.

It's Frank Zappa & The Mothers of Invention.

What kinda name is Necessity, anyway?

These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA, EPA, FBI, DEA, CDC, or FDIC. These statements are not intended to diagnose, cause, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. If you feel you have been harmed/offended by, or, disagree with any of the above statements or images, please feel free to fuck right off.

11/28/2022 2:04 pm  #3

I miss the full length urinals of the olden days.  Reaching from your chest down into the floor.  What happened to them?  Now they have smaller urinals at different heights, so as a tall person, you have to pay attention to not piss on the top shelf of the low urinal if somebody is using the normal height one already.  Fairly annoying.  Why did they break urinals?  This isn't complicated stuff.

11/28/2022 4:03 pm  #4

no full length urinals? I'd say cost of materials

signature s c h m i g n a t u r e

11/28/2022 5:44 pm  #5

And/or shipping costs and difficulty of installation (Not necessarily complication, but weight and size).

11/28/2022 7:17 pm  #6

I know a guy with a full-length urinal in the john of his man cave...

These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA, EPA, FBI, DEA, CDC, or FDIC. These statements are not intended to diagnose, cause, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. If you feel you have been harmed/offended by, or, disagree with any of the above statements or images, please feel free to fuck right off.

11/29/2022 7:10 am  #7

See that's living your best life.
Pet Peave, guys who dump their tobacco dip in the urinal immediately clogging it so some poor bastard has to clean it out.

If you would only recognize that life is hard, things would be so much easier for you. - Louis Brandeis

11/29/2022 11:21 pm  #8

You have the OP title backwards.

Be Just And Fear Not

11/30/2022 10:21 am  #9

High tech urinals are made with stainless steel.

Board footera