cellar2007a
The Cellar: a friendly neighborhood coffee shop, with no coffee and no shop. Established 1990.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

11/11/2020 12:49 pm  #26

Re: QUESTIONS ABOUT THIS SITE

Why that candy-ass, take his stripes, being whipped by babbling asshole like tw. 

Freedom is just another word for nothin' left to lose.

11/13/2020 3:15 am  #27

griff wrote:

tw hit him with a wall of text.

A classic example of how not to argue with someone whose views you disagree with.

Living life on the edge.

11/13/2020 9:17 am  #28

Yeah, that's not helpful at all.

If you would only recognize that life is hard, things would be so much easier for you. - Louis Brandeis

11/13/2020 10:59 pm  #29

I always look at those wall-of-text posts like tea leaves/a Rorschach test and see if i can make meaning that way.  I sort of hoped maybe I wasn't alone.....

The most difficult thing is the decision to act, the rest is merely tenacity  Amelia Earhart

11/14/2020 12:00 am  #30

Do you know what they call people who make decisions without emotions? Sociopath.

11/15/2020 6:56 pm  #31

As far as I can tell, I do not have the option to edit the favicon, even in the customizable CSS.

11/15/2020 8:58 pm  #32

Why is this being posted as "anonymous"?  I feel the recent use of that account for trivial, impersonal things -and sometiimes political things- is devaluing the real benefits (and purpose?) of that account. 

The most difficult thing is the decision to act, the rest is merely tenacity  Amelia Earhart

11/16/2020 8:40 am  #33

Email address privacy is exactly what it was on the old site; Undertoad always had the ability to see yours. And while I guess it wasn't made explicit, no, we won't be making everyone a moderator.

But if you think using the anon account protects you from anything, you are not actually someone who takes your privacy seriously online, you are just being contrary.

11/16/2020 12:06 pm  #34

anonymous wrote:

Email address privacy was reduced  from the previous site 

This isn't really true. I think I made a comment here that I didn't see email addresses over on the original Cellar, but that was wrong. It's only true that I couldn't see them if I was just participating in the forum.  However, if I signed into the moderator area, and looked at users, I could see email addresses of members on the original Cellar. IP addresses too.

What struck me here was that the email addresses are visible to me if I just look at the user list.

There is actually more privacy here from mods because I can't see IP addresses here, as far as I can tell.

11/16/2020 1:10 pm  #35

strikes me this is noboxes, formerly know as sexobon.

Whoever it is is acting like a true Trumpian, inflating their needs and desires above the welfare of anyone else with no thought of the consequences for others be they minor or life-changing

11/16/2020 7:41 pm  #36

nothing stopping you from making one.

11/16/2020 7:56 pm  #37

Clodfobble wrote:

snip--
 you are just being contrary.

s'ok, we already know who the abuser is.

Be Just And Fear Not

11/16/2020 8:01 pm  #38

QUESTION ABOUT THIS SITE:

How much html is permitted / parseable by the new posts text window?  I am not extremely fluent, but some of the things I've tried did not work out as advertised.

Specifically, I was trying to find a way to create a post that displayed a link that opened in a new tab instead of the current tab.  

TIA

apologies in advance for the clumsiness/ignorance of my question

Be Just And Fear Not

11/16/2020 9:48 pm  #39

Oh fer crying out loud... the user Grandfather now exists, currently with the same password as the anonymous account. It's attached to a defunct email address I haven't used in years. Go nuts with it.

11/17/2020 3:17 am  #40

Undertoad wrote:

I regret the error and am very happy I no longer have to deal with such matters

~

Y'all seem to be okay seeing regs drop off, namecalling and whatnot, lemme ask you this

How much will "anonymous" matter when the active user count is in the single digits? How important to enforce the brand new board norms when nobody cares about it? Will it be paradise with nobody to argue with, or just... boring?

I personally much prefer that the anonymous account be used for your original intention, UT.
I don’t think “we all” are “okay seeing regs drop off, name calling and whatnot”. As I was a mod on cellar.org I am trying to follow the same very light hand that seemed to be the ethos there. I missed the exchanges between tw and Big Sarge as they were gone by the time I woke up to a new day, but “titration” of personal relations did not seem to be the remit of the mods on the old board.
I’d be interested to hear others’ views on this.

Living life on the edge.

11/17/2020 8:01 am  #41

I see no difference in moderation. New Cellar has been holding the same course from what I've noticed. tw's nonsense was the same terrible nonsense as before unfortunately Sarge wasn't in a good head space for ignoring him. Old Cellar's membership was pretty libertarian then drifted right then drifted left. Being abrasive about perceived truth was a value from the beginning. I own my part in that. There is a social media platform called Parler for right wingers who want a safe space.

I don't know if New Cellar will have legs, I'm going to turn down politics a bit because our entire country is in a bad head-space and I currently don't see a way through. What I would suggest is that everyone double down on the things that interest them and try to bring others with those interests aboard. I think looking at the Index page and considering whether it meets peoples needs in terms of headings might be useful but I don't actually have a suggested change at the moment.

If you would only recognize that life is hard, things would be so much easier for you. - Louis Brandeis

11/17/2020 8:11 am  #42

I try to stay out of Politics. I stay happy that way.

I Love my country, I fear the government.

11/18/2020 7:59 am  #43

smrt. It's like an addiction with me and I have to break it.

11/18/2020 8:27 am  #44

I will never stop saying what I think. Tact? Circumspect? That's a lot of extra miles to get to the point. Does it really make a difference to the people you're disagreeing with?  Isn't their annoyance the fact that you do disagree? 
There is no reason for all the extra mileage tw goes to dragging  weapons of mass destruction, top management, where the work gets done, and everything but the kitchen sink  into every soliloquy. Nor is it necessary to berate  anyone who disagrees as emotional kinder.
I surprised and disappointed Sarge wasn't man enough to tell tw to go fuck himself, but instead picked up him marbles and went home.
The bottom line is you can't take me anywhere nice.

11/19/2020 1:29 am  #45

On a different topic, I'm wondering if the obsessive poster at the old cellar realizes he's the only one there. It seems a bit bizarre.

Hey! That's me up there!

11/21/2020 7:56 pm  #46

oh Henry...... if you really don't want to create your own account, please consider using "Grandfather" and leave "anonymous" for the use to which it has become accustomed.  It is a valuable asset to the community in that capacity.  Thank you.

11/21/2020 9:57 pm  #47

So, Grandfather is for anonymous shitposting and Anonymous is for anonymous serious posting?  And they both share the same password as in the old days of marionette penises?

Hey! That's me up there!

11/21/2020 10:03 pm  #48

“ marionette penises”.  LOL yep

11/23/2020 9:41 pm  #49

How do I block Grandfather?

11/23/2020 10:52 pm  #50

Wet or steam them, then flatten until the desired size and shape is reached, and pin down until dry.  Be sure to make sure all their stitches look nice and evenly spread,

Board footera