cellar2007a
The Cellar: a friendly neighborhood coffee shop, with no coffee and no shop. Established 1990.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

11/08/2020 8:04 pm  #1

Lumberthread

I wish I had a few of those peanuts.  They were pretty good.

11/08/2020 10:47 pm  #2

Re: Lumberthread

2 of our 5 managers and maybe 3 have to sit out the h next 10 days cuz they got the Wuhan.  Also at least 3 sales people.  Probably 2 or 3 more will stay home because they're at risk.

This might be a rough week. I'll be running the front end.

11/09/2020 12:12 am  #3

Stay safe, you have a bride to support. 

Freedom is just another word for nothin' left to lose.

11/09/2020 7:16 am  #4

Damnit. Mask up bro.

If you would only recognize that life is hard, things would be so much easier for you. - Louis Brandeis

11/09/2020 7:53 am  #5

And warsh those hands! 🙌 

Living life on the edge.

11/09/2020 11:58 am  #6

Yes, being wicked careful.

Hopefully no one else is carrying it.  Especially me!

11/12/2020 1:25 am  #7

Yeah, so this week has been pretty fun so far.  Spent Monday teaching myself how to use the program the sales managers use to quote payments and appraise trades.  Plus how we do dealer trades and gas slips, etc.

One thing to be taught by the guys that do it, another to figure out how over the phone while those guys are coughing their lungs up trying to coach you over the phone.

Tuesday was kind of awesome.  The big boss, Steve, was there and I taught him what I'd learned Monday so he could help on Saturday.  We sold 9 cars and he got to watch me run the show. Once all the deals were made, I went back and took 2 of them and did the paperwork part that I normally do, too.

The guys all pulled together and the vibe was really positive and fun.  It didn't go unnoticed. He said at one point that I might not make it back into finance....  As long as there's no pay cut, that's cool....

Today we sold 6 cars. The other 2 stores he's the boss of sold 4 combined.  Made money too.

Tomorrow, the other finance manager.... The only other actual manager that's not out... is taking his day off.... So I'll be the only actual manager there. That should be fun.

I'm actually looking forward to it.  I'll have to desk the deals, sell back end stuff then hand them to my assistant to sign them up.  Might be some carnage to clean up after, but it sounds like a fun kind of chaos.

I'll let you know how it goes.

Last edited by lumberjim (11/12/2020 1:26 am)

11/12/2020 8:16 am  #8

Well done!  If there is one good thing to come out of 2020, it's that it has forced us to be flexible, learn new shit, and be resilient.  It can be draining after a while, but it's still good.

11/12/2020 2:10 pm  #9

Dang, that's a one man operation.

If you would only recognize that life is hard, things would be so much easier for you. - Louis Brandeis

11/12/2020 4:43 pm  #10

griff wrote:

Dang, that's a one man operation.

Time to set up his own dealership?

Living life on the edge.

11/12/2020 10:40 pm  #11

Turned out to be a dead day. Rained all day. We sold 4, but all spread out and quiet....  No chaos...

Oh well.  Tomorrow's another day.

11/12/2020 11:41 pm  #12

I hope you don't get promoted into a job where you spend your day holding the sword of Damocles.   
A job you can't hands on and must spend the day listening to peoples excuses why they failed.  

11/13/2020 7:30 am  #13

I don't think there's any real danger of that.  It's fun doing the fun part for 10 days or so, and there would be things I'd change with our process, but the rest of the stuff like hiring and firing.... Nah.

I like my job. I just hate the fucker I have to work next to.

11/13/2020 5:21 pm  #14

Sounds like you have your head on straight, Amanda's a good influence. 

11/26/2020 7:06 pm  #15

11/26/2020 7:07 pm  #16

Happy Thanksgiving, fam.

11/26/2020 9:43 pm  #17

lumberjim wrote:

https://youtu.be/m57gzA2JCcM

Every year

I have been waiting for that song all day to come up on the radio. 
Thank You Sir.

I Love my country, I fear the government.

11/27/2020 4:34 pm  #18

We hit that hard Thursday.

11/27/2020 7:05 pm  #19

listening now

Be Just And Fear Not

11/27/2020 10:46 pm  #20

Geeze, the good dishes too. 

12/02/2020 7:26 pm  #21

upload image to url

This was at about 11pm as the photographer was wrapping up.  The party went several hours longer.

12/02/2020 7:35 pm  #22

Left to right...

Nik, Erin's husband, Craig, Jackie's husband.  Jackie... Amanda's buddy,  Dan, Melanie's new beaux, Melanie, Amanda's sister (middle sister)... Tony, Janine's husband, Erin, Amanda's bestie, me. Amanda, Spencer, Janine (Amanda's sister (elder) Lou and Mary (neighbors) Samantha, my assistant at work, Ray, Samantha's beaux. Heather, Pat, Spirit (my sister, bro in law, niece)

Last edited by lumberjim (12/02/2020 7:35 pm)

12/06/2020 1:50 pm  #23

I'm guessing there was alcohol involved. 

Board footera