cellar2007a
The Cellar: a friendly neighborhood coffee shop, with no coffee and no shop. Established 1990.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

12/18/2022 4:17 pm  #1

Testing out a new lens

I got a new lens about a month ago. I shoot with a Canon R and also a Canon R7, these are the new mirrorless line of cameras. The lens I got is an 800mm f/11. It's only an f/11 with no option to change the aperture which helps keep the price down as well as the weight, a lower aperture number means bigger lens elements so more weight. Obviously this lens works better when it's bright outside so not a good lens at sunrise or sunset. The moon looked good because the moon is pretty bright. This was shot an hour before the last eclipse started. 

The Canon R is a full frame camera so 800mm is 800mm. The R7 uses an aps-c sensor which is slightly smaller than full frame so an 800mm is multiplied by 1.6 and becomes a 1280mm super telephoto. I did the shot of the moon just outside my back door in the driveway. The birds were all down by the riverbank not far from my house. 

12/18/2022 4:21 pm  #2

Re: Testing out a new lens

Nice pics.

I Love my country, I fear the government.

12/18/2022 7:43 pm  #3

Most excellent, sir.

The most difficult thing is the decision to act, the rest is merely tenacity  Amelia Earhart

12/19/2022 7:03 am  #4

Very nice sir.

If you would only recognize that life is hard, things would be so much easier for you. - Louis Brandeis

12/19/2022 12:26 pm  #5

I'd sure hate to be a frog and see that Blue coming my way.

12/19/2022 1:19 pm  #6

Nice, clean shots.
Mr. long-neck in the last photo might have a slight gauze of motion artifact (?) that seems to be present in his head, as compared to his static legs and feet.? Was he whipping around like a jack-ass?

signature s c h m i g n a t u r e

12/25/2022 11:48 pm  #7

Beautiful pics, nicely done.
You're lucky to have reasonably calm birds around as a lot of birds are Shuckin and Jivin constantly.
Were these hand held, braced, tripod? How far away?

Being a pro, you're probably getting new cutting edge stuff from time to time.
What do you do with the old dull edge stuff being replaced, is there a market for it?
Or maybe you don't replace, you expand... keeping some stuff out of sight in order to not draw ire from your dearly beloved. 
When you did the kitchen over it was a chance to build trick cabinets with false backs and hidden compartments. 

Freedom is just another word for nothin' left to lose.

Board footera