cellar2007a
The Cellar: a friendly neighborhood coffee shop, with no coffee and no shop. Established 1990.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

12/16/2022 1:46 pm  #26

Re: Twitter "under new mgmt" (Elon Musk)

yeah but he's playing 4D chess.. or something

idk.. mUsK mAn gOoD, I guess, which dEsTrOys the haters with LoGiC

signature s c h m i g n a t u r e

12/16/2022 5:10 pm  #27

sure, I'll bite. why am I in favor of doxxing?

12/16/2022 6:39 pm  #28

I'd say there was a rather important bit of context missing there, yeah.

Interestingly, according to Wikipedia, the guy just linked a public database to a twitter bot. What a world.

Anyway, I'm assuming most people still have a generally unfavorable impression of "banning journalists from talking about a thing that happened," and, if that's become a thing that people are okay with, we should just go ahead and let a nuclear missile exchange put us out of our misery.

12/16/2022 8:45 pm  #29

Flint wrote:

IInterestingly, according to Wikipedia, the guy just linked a public database to a twitter bot. What a world. 

My impression is that Musk is still flailing about looking for a strategy.  Experimenting with what appears publically to be contradictory actions.

Musk clearly does not (yet) have strategy.  Watching what he is doing is either an interesting case study of how to discover a new strategy.  An example of what is wants to do masked by intentional public perceptions.  Or someone who really did not understands that Twitter is not Paypal.

At this point, we can only observe.  No reasonable conclusions (as to what he is doing) are yet possible.

12/16/2022 9:00 pm  #30

Musk has also just suspended Business Insider reporter Linette Lopez, who did not post anything related to Elon's jet. She did, however, recently document several examples of times when Musk encouraged or actively participated in the doxxing of people he did not like.

*shrug* Which, like, whatever. He's got the right to suspend anyone he wants on his site. As someone recently pointed out, there's no way William Randolph Hearst would have let someone shit all over him in his own newspaper, either. (The punchline being that if you wanted to shit all over William Randolph Hearst, you had to make a whole Citizen Kane about it.)

12/17/2022 1:52 am  #32

"Musk has pledged to" fan boy fanfic

12/17/2022 4:58 pm  #33

The "doxxing" excuse was justified by claiming that his car was followed by a stalker on the night between Dec 13-14.  The last tweet from @elonjet was on the 12th.  Maybe his kid was driven around from the airport for a full day trying to shake its tail.

12/19/2022 1:14 pm  #34

According to this headline that I didn't read the article for, this is an incredible Futurama reference--
Tesla stock jumps at the results of Elon Musk’s Twitter poll saying he should step away from the platform

12/19/2022 6:43 pm  #35

Flint wrote:

Tesla stock jumps at the results of Elon Musk’s Twitter poll saying he should step away from the platform

Still suggests either an ongoing search for a new corporate strategy.  An example of masking his intentions using intentional public perceptions.  Or someone who really did not understand that Twitter is not Paypal.

Last edited by tw (12/19/2022 6:44 pm)

12/21/2022 12:06 pm  #36

So he lost the poll on whether he should step down from running Twitter, and now he's planning to change the rules so that only people paying him $8 can vote in his polls.

12/21/2022 1:17 pm  #37

I don't know if that's real or a joke, and that's the problem.

12/21/2022 1:36 pm  #38

Musk probably doesn't know either.

12/30/2022 1:47 pm  #39

He's saving money by not paying rent and firing the janitors in the buildings. 

12/30/2022 5:21 pm  #40

Employees resorted to bringing in their own TP after half a day of no janitors?   Is that what he's going with?

12/31/2022 7:55 am  #41

I'm sure everyone has their own narrative on this. Mine is that Mr. Musk has taken his eye off the ball and risks not being a problem solver but rather being part of a bigger problem. It would be best to put him and Twit on ignore for the time being.

If you would only recognize that life is hard, things would be so much easier for you. - Louis Brandeis

12/31/2022 4:30 pm  #42

Try getting outside. Talk a walk in a woods, breathe some fresh air.

If you would only recognize that life is hard, things would be so much easier for you. - Louis Brandeis

12/31/2022 5:55 pm  #43

Don't pay attention to the Idiot behind the curtain.

I Love my country, I fear the government.

1/01/2023 8:56 am  #44

Sorry, I won't be participating in your campaign to mainstream mis/ disinformation. I will give no Twit clicks.

If you want to talk about life, death, boat projects, gardening, mountains, etc... I can chat.

1/01/2023 10:21 am  #45

Because you are more than your current rabbit hole.

1/01/2023 11:36 am  #46

griff wrote:

If you want to talk about life, death, boat projects, gardening, mountains, etc... I can chat.

1/02/2023 10:56 am  #47

Undertoad wrote:

He's way more trustworthy than you are, when it comes to giving us an accurate narrative.

And only Fox News is honest.

1/03/2023 1:58 pm  #48

Undertoad wrote:

He's way more trustworthy than you are, when it comes to giving us an accurate narrative.

What narrative is he even trying  to portray?  Employees brought in their own TP for half a day?

1/03/2023 2:47 pm  #49

Undertoad wrote:

how dare he expose broad election interference that we were in favor of

I'm interested in digging a little deeper into what this specifically refers to.

There are many ways that elections can be influenced, what is the gatekeeper between influence and interference?

1/14/2023 11:49 pm  #50

Undertoad wrote:

Is it illegal in Texas?

Freedom is just another word for nothin' left to lose.

Board footera